Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal
    That's true about last 2weeks
    My problem is guessing when that last two weeks is! And me fighting my impatience, LOL. I’m hoping my trichs will tell me. Does the amber theory sound about right? I mean, if my trichs are starting to turn I know I’m getting close. The loaded question is, how long does it take for the trichs to mature? I’m sure phenos are all different, but darn it, I get too excitedly nervous and worry about couch lock…
    Current Grow - 5 Tangie-matics from FastBuds
    Equipment
    AC Infinity (UIS Controller 69 Pro - WIFI)
    2x4x6 Tent
    6” ACI Cloudline Pro Inline fan / Carbon Filter (Port 1)
    4.5L Cloudforge Humidifier T3 (Port 3)
    6” Cloudray oscillating (Port 4)
    Light: Spider Farmer
    SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
    AC Infinity Fabric Pots
    3 – 5gal
    2 – 3gal

Medium:
    Soil – Fox Farm Ocean Forest
    Perlite
    Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
    Fox Farm
    Grow Big 6-4-4
    Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
    Big Bloom Plant Food 0-0.5-0.7
    BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
    Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

I can totally understand that. I get nervous and start second guessing myself. But I have always been that way. About just about everything. Not just growing weed.

I know I'm getting close. So I have been dropping nute strength over the last couple of weeks.

As soon as the tricomes are mostly cloudy. I'm starting the flush. I don't mind some, amber. But definitely no more than 5%. or so.
      SF 35X47X70 tent
      SF1000 X4
      AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
      AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
      FFOF Soil
      FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
      GH Flora Series
      3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
      Gelato Cake
      Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

I don't go by trichomes. I go by hairs. If 80% have turned, it's time. That amber, white, cloudy sh@t is retarded. If your turning amber, then you know as you dry it and cure it more are degrading. I'll cut mine down when 80% of the hairs have turned. That way, by the time it's dried and cured, I'm getting peak potency. If you harvest when they are going amber, remember more will go amber after you cut em down. Just cause you cut them down, doesn't mean they are not still maturing. They'll stop maturing when all water is gone. Just look at a rose, you cut it but it still growing and maturing. It will till it dies. Same with cannabis. Just cause you cut it doesn't mean all cellular growth stops at that exact moment. It still aging. If you want to go by trichomes, I harvest at 80% milky. That way after all is said and done, I'm just starting to turn amber when dried. Why in the f@ck are you gonna wait till your sh@t starts losing potency? It makes absolutely no sense. I harvest at peak. THC loss is minimal. 80% milky and you can't do wrong....just my opinion.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          I tend to agree with this but my experience is only with sativas and only really with similar genetics mostly grown outdoors.

• Mollisol
          Mollisol commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a good point Radeon. I had not considered continuing degradation as they dry.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes to improving with age. Mine seems best at around 6 months of cure.

Photosynthesis stops pretty much immediately they are given the chop, but they do off gas ethylethers I think they are called and numerous compounds begin to breakdown pretty quickly. I have no doubt the THC continues to breakdown somewhat too into other CBD's.

Those pics are plants allowed to age naturally. That's what they SHOULD look like....

Comment

This is when I harvest....just starting amber. 80% milky. But that's me. You all do what you want.
          Attached Files

Comment

And if your organic, the flush is not that important. Yes it helps, but not as much if you are growing with chems. I don't really flush, ever. I just hold back on supplements the last 30 days. I'll let the plant decide on what it needs and when. I won't force it. And of all the peeps who have tried my sh@t, says my stuff is the most potent and smoothest smoke they ever had. They tell me my stuff has spoiled them. You don't realize how much your smoking cause it's so smooth. No cough. No sting. Hard to judge how much your smoking when your lungs don't feel sh@t. First hit, you will have a convulsion. You will be on Saturn for 5 minutes. I smoke 4-5 times a day and my first bong hit of the day and I lose all body control for couple minutes. Every time. Everyone says my bud is stronger than any dab they have done. When your flower compares to dabs, you know you doing good...

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              My experience with this is that this mostly depends on the health of the plant at harvest, the dry and the cure. Mostly grown outdoors in soil supplemented with homemade organic compost. Never flushed.

33 days since flip....everything the same.
            Attached Files

Comment

You can see the 2 different phenos in the pics. Bright green left, dark green right. The bright green pheno was the bully. She took over. The dark green one was always a week behind. From my last grow of GG#4 the bright green was better smoke.

Comment

Still got a bit to go. But yellowing nicely and fattening up. No nutes. Just plain tap water. Rh been about 50% temp is about 68f, and kpa is about 1.1. Everything going to schedule.

Comment

My new light will be here Tuesday. Got the Evo3 Ionframe from AC Infinity. Won't switch till I grow my Girl Scout Cookies Extreme. Anyone want my S24 Ionboard hit me up. Let it go cheap.....

Comment

I am not promoting this soil. Never tried it. It came across on my feed. Might try after next grow. If your into organic might try this. Tilth Soil. They take restaurant leftovers and compost them into a living soil for cannabis. They sold to cannabis growers hush hush but now that it's become more legal they are expanding. Small mom and pop soil producer using resturaunt leftovers for growing cannabis. I think it's great! Water only soil made from left over food? Check out the reviews. At $25, ill try it once. Made by Rust Belt Riders. Support small buisness!

Bloom | Organic Cannabis Soil Mix This KIND Certified nutrient-packed super soil is ideal for the cultivation of the most demanding Cannabis plants. Bloom has the ability to take weed plants from vegetation to flowering with little need for supplemental nutrient feeding.  Gone are the days of wrestling with multiple pr

Comment

• Rootsruler
                      Rootsruler commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree. That's cool that they're taking scraps and converting them into usable soil for us to grow dank!!!

I'm going to try it. Next grow. I already got 2 bags of DNC ready for my Girl Scout Cookies grow coming up. But, I'll order 2 bags and do a grow log with it. See how it fares. That's another 4 months away though. I will try it. I'm all for small buisness and helping the environment while growing some killer smoke doing it. Win, win, win! Everyone wins!

Got my new light. Cant wait to use it. gonna wait till this grow is over though. Way too late in the game to be doing a light swap. Knowing my luck id drop the f@cker on my almost finished plants. Not a good scenerio.....stuff nightmares are made of lol.....

Comment

This is why I bought my new light. Using my light meter I could tell the S24 was weak on the sides. Look at the par map between the 2 lights. Pay attention to the outside levels. This new light is 8" wider. That's 4" on each side better coverage. That big of a jump in PPFD is huge to me. Some are ph fanatics, I'm a PPFD fanatic. Check every watering. It changes as the plant grows higher. I try to keep it steady throughout the whole grow.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Not to rain on your parade but if more even PPFD across the canopy is your goal the light you bought, not sure which map is your new lights map, is a slight improvement but I would've bought a couple of VS XS1500Pro's. The light spread and Par map show a much better spread than your lights par maps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VSXS1500PRO par map.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	616184

Comment

• Bluey
                          Bluey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          His tent is a 4x2....different par map

• Rootsruler
                          Rootsruler commented
                          Editing a comment
                          2 of them rather than just one light with a hot spot in the middle

If I'm not mistaken, the VS XS 1500 pros are for 2x2. 150 watts. I need 2 of them? No thanks. The Evo3 is good for 3x5 veg, 2x4 flower. 280 watts. One light. What if I ran 2 Evo3's? How they compare then? Can't compare 2 lights to 1. Wanna make it an even battle, well do 2 evo3's to 2 VS XS 1500 pros.

Comment

• Rootsruler
                          Rootsruler commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Cool. You do you.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X