yearly cycle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yearly cycle question

So I’d like to able to get about 3 grows in rotation a year.

I’m about to harvest indoor autos that were started on Oct 7. Probably 12 weeks total plus a week of drying. My thought is to get another indoor auto grow from seed on Jan 6. This will be a sativa dominant auto which the breeder says 9-10 from flower. I plan to tack on 4 weeks for prior germ and veg. So 14 weeks brings me to April 13. Dry 7 -14 days

May 4 I plan to seed indica dominant photos and veg them 7-8 weeks then flip for a 9-10 week flower. Fyi, I’m growing 6 and moving three outside during veg for a lovely patio plant

So anyway, thats about say an 18 week photo grow (give or take) which is Sept 7. But I’ll have a few weeks of buffer before I circle the year and back to Oct 7 to start the cycle again. I know lots of this is highly variable, and I’ll plan the strains etc carefully for sure.

So heres my question:

I assume many of you do something similar like this as well. Any advice? Whats your schedule for this kind of scenario? Basically 2 auto grows and a photo grow for the year.

happy holidaze!
    Current Grow - 5 Tangie-matics from FastBuds
    Equipment
    AC Infinity (UIS Controller 69 Pro - WIFI)
    2x4x6 Tent
    6” ACI Cloudline Pro Inline fan / Carbon Filter (Port 1)
    4.5L Cloudforge Humidifier T3 (Port 3)
    6” Cloudray oscillating (Port 4)
    Light: Spider Farmer
    SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
    AC Infinity Fabric Pots
    3 – 5gal
    2 – 3gal

Medium:
    Soil – Fox Farm Ocean Forest
    Perlite
    Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
    Fox Farm
    Grow Big 6-4-4
    Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
    Big Bloom Plant Food 0-0.5-0.7
    BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
    Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

I just grow what Mrs. Bluey & I need. Last grow I grew a bit more to help out a few friends.

One grow gets us well over 2 years worth, easily, so I don't bother with continuously growing..no need.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Wowza Bluey! Thazz a lot o’ ganja!
      Equipment
      2x4x6 Tent
      SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
      AC Infinity Fabric Pots
      3 – 5gal
      2 – 3gal

Medium:
      Perlite
      Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
      Fox Farm
      Grow Big 6-4-4
      Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
      BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
      Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

Thanks SoOrbudgal. That helps me think more about the overlap. Appreciate the input!
        Equipment
        2x4x6 Tent
        SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
        AC Infinity Fabric Pots
        3 – 5gal
        2 – 3gal

Medium:
        Perlite
        Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
        Fox Farm
        Grow Big 6-4-4
        Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
        BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
        Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

If you can overlap the veg time with flower time it helps to get an extra run in there.

Comment

I do, and have done almost exactly what you propose for years. A Sativa dominant hybrid over the summer as my grow space gets quite warm and two auto grows over the colder months. I have overlapped grows when needs be.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I like this overlapping strategy with autos on 18/6 and start the veg cycle on the next grow photos, but as SoOrbudgal says, you need a second area. I would need the other area setup just to dry the first harvest and I'm doubtful I could keep the humidity & temps where they need to be without more equipment....hmm.
              Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
              Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
              Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
              Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
              Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
              Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
              Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

I also strive to continuously grow, but it does not always work out like I plan. With 2 tents for flowers and 1 veg tent my goal is to have plants ready to flip a few days after I harvest. I may stop once I get a couple pounds in storage, but for now I want to push the limit.

Comment

I also grow a perpetual harvest, and I average around 4 cycles a year. Having separate veg and flower tents, to where you can overlap the veg cycle with your flowers is the key to this.

The only other advice I would have is to forget about the schedule and throw that out the window. Listen to your plants, sometimes they grow at their own rate, and sometimes you have things happen to where you lose some plants, etc. You're never going to be on your "schedule". I've found that trying to keep things "on schedule" is a sure fire way to screw over yourself on your current grow, such as going to flower too soon to keep on track, etc.

Comment

dustydundee Sounds like life! Appreciate those wise words.
                    Equipment
                    2x4x6 Tent
                    SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
                    AC Infinity Fabric Pots
                    3 – 5gal
                    2 – 3gal

Medium:
                    Perlite
                    Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
                    Fox Farm
                    Grow Big 6-4-4
                    Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
                    BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
                    Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

I try to do two runs over the fall and winter and finish up before it gets too warm in the late spring. To do this with the longer flowering sativas I grow, it really helps to overlap. A nursery space is less complicated to set up, I use my microgreen growing area which is just open shelves. This gives me 2-4 weeks head start each grow
                      KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
                      Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
                      Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
                      Maybe some compost teas
                      Blumat watering system
                      Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
                      3x4x6’ tent
                      Photontek 465wpro
                      6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
                      Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X