Grow kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow kits

Being new to indoor growing, I’ve been looking at various grow kits. The Spider 3x3 sf2000 light and the AC Infinity of the same size. I’m sure this has been discussed at some point but I would like to hear about your experience with any of the kits or alternatives. I value all opinions expressed. Thanks! Keto

Sure are a lot of first timers asking about products.
    Where the hell is my ad blocker?
    Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Thank you for your help and I apologize for my ignorance! We all have much to learn.

Comment

At least this one is looking to compare between 2, but why not ask about any and all kits, not just these two.
        Fit this in a tent!

Comment

Have you read this? https://www.growweedeasy.com/growing...setup-examples
          2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
          2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
          2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
          2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

BaccaRacca, thank you for taking the time to reply. I am hoping for personal experiences with a particular brand/setup. I’ve read all the information I have found and spider kits have good prices and have been recommended by our host. Reading reviews prompted me to look at AC Infinity because of the six inch exhaust fan.
            I’m 74 years old and I’m hoping to buy the brand and size I can be buried in! Lol! Smoked my first at nineteen but I’m still not as smart as the “experts”! Thanks again, guess I’ll just wing it!

Comment

Hi Keto...welcome aboard. I cannot answer your question directly. What I've found is a complete grow set up seems to be lacking in at least one area. It might be the tent, it could be the exhaust fans, or something else, if you get my drift. When I started growing just a few years ago complete grow kits were not as popular or prevalent as they are today. It might serve you just as well to buy the individual components of the grow set up. That gives you the flexibility to get the best light, tent, fan, etc. Just my .02.
              Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
              Autopot system
              : 1 Scarlet Grapes & 1 Scarlet Sunset
              Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Idle at the moment
              Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I appreciate your 2 Cents worth very much and it’s sound advise. Hopefully I can post pictures of a successful grow in the future!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keto don't loose your excitement for learning to grow indoors. Your a older generational grower like me. And don't get too technical about all you need to get right away. Take a look at where you want to place the tent and look at the temps, humidity during day an night. I've got a thermometor hanging at the middle of my tent. Do you live by yourself, apartment or house. Do you have family that it offends? I'm saying take all into consideration before you spend $400 on stuff. My family an friends know i grow, i don't care that my house smells of weed.

I agree with golfnrl split it up.
                Lots of SF growers that love those lights.
                AC infinity has great fans and controllers
                I was happy with my vivosun 3x3 tent ( not the fanciest)
                the kits are convenient but usually lacking somewhere
                KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
                Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
                Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
                Maybe some compost teas
                Blumat watering system
                Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
                3x4x6’ tent
                Photontek 465wpro
                6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
                Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

Go for the highest tent you can fit. Thank me later.
                  Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
                  Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
                  Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
                  Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
                  Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
                  Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
                  Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• Sixwinds
                    Sixwinds commented
                    Editing a comment
                    100% Agree

• Smallgrow
                    Smallgrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ya that’s true, I have only 6 feet and it’s limiting.
                    I know you can do with less but it’s more for the advanced growers

Thank you to everyone who responded. I went off the deep end and bought an acinfinety 4x4. It arrived today and I’ve just unpacked it. Looks like the box it came in would make a good casket, heavy and well packed. SoOrbudgal, thanks for your encouragement! In the past two and a half years, I’ve had two back surgeries, prostate cancer, and an ongoing divorce after 28 years. So I bought myself something nice for the future!

Comment

• dirtymike
                    dirtymike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thats a good set up. Ive had a AC Infinity exhaust fan for years, very quiet. Its Grow Time

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well done. If you can mount the fan and filter outside of the tent that will give you a bit more room height wise.

Just admit want grow kit you can get whether it's from Spider Farmer, Mars Hydro, AC Infinity, or viparspectra or any others will probably do just fine. We've reached close to peak efficiency with LED lights with very little room to improve so now lights are just trying to be bigger and brighter and stronger. Most ppl don't even know what to do with 1600 PAR readings. With that being said, just base it in how many plants you want to grow and how much space you have to dedicate to growing? How high do you want or can afford your electric bill to be?
                  I'm going to be getting a Spider Farmer tent because they're one of the few that have a tent that's under 63 inches tall in a 2x4 configuration. I don't want to remove the light bar that I installed so SF has the perfect size I need although I would have preferred an AC Infinity tent just because I'm going to be using the AC Infinity 4" inline fan, their T3 humidifier, 69 Pro controller (comes with the fan) and the clip on oscillating fans from them. The lights will be SF 2000. I've been using those for 2 years and I love them and I think they'll get even better performance in a 2x4 tent.

There's plenty good products out there. Just about want configuration will do. As long as you have some good genetics, then everything else will be smooth sailing
                  Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                  Current grows:

🪴 4x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
                  (The Uncle Grandpa)
                  🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
                  🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
                  🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo
                  🪴 FreakShow (Hi-Elevation Genetics) *Reg

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
                  🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X