No announcement yet.

Grow Journal First grow #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i actually came up with a plan today i got rid of /sold 7 of my Chernobyl clones to make some cash for transplanting easiest money i ever made cut a branch and stick it in a pot anyway.. move my best 6 into my flower tent for now . I got 3 Fire og 4 Dr.purples and 4 mystery's and 1 Chernobyl. I didn't think i like Chernobyl till i saw the buds this week sad panda should have kept 2 and sold a dr. but either way. I move 6 leave the other ones vegging for a week or till i can get a light and cut my clones that i need off everything can do 21 total... so i cut 21 and sell the rest obviously . I found a winged MH for like a 100 locally but i didnt grab it Ethier way i gotta get a third light im not worried about light leak i can deal with that i seal things off if i have to put a tarp separating the two areas if need be i could run the ducting from my tents into an MH and run it without a tent or i could wait 2-3 weeks buy the MH and another tent.. and just have 6 into flower and the other ones vegging for longer? thoughts on this plan?

Comment

Here's a week 6 update ! so buds are bumping huge got 12 days left or a few more depending on whats going on with them! I have started the GRAND FINALE earth juice flush. and have also switched over to earth juice nutes and they are awesome and awesome results and not over powering and BEST PART NO MIXING!! theres a VEG a Transition a Flower and a Flush. I think i have done a damn good job they are looking good.. now for the bad news! Yesterday On Doctor Purple I found 2 bananas both where green and unopened i sprayed them with water and plucked them off from the base and got the whole thing and threw them into my waste water bucket... I have read online and i have found a lot of different things that could cause this... Light leak which is unlikely or any type of stress but like i said i only found too.. i Also heard that at the end of some plants life they try to Procreate because they know there dying soon which is a possibility which means almost every time i grow it its going to do it... i have looked over that plant for 2 hours today and really checked every part and nothing not one other one.. i will be checking every day a couple times a day... i was worried about pollen but i think i got them soon enough... also they say usually if there is one there are hundreds so maybe they just got stressed out and threw a few and that was it who knows.. but my other thought is my girls are 13 days away from finishing in human years thats like 70 year old woman trying to get pregnant not going to happen.. but there still is are white pistils but mostly all have started to change... also the cylax are not swelling like how they wood when making a seed so i think im good but damn that just about threw my whole grow off badly =(.. i lost my mind for a day!

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking Awsome!!! Boy are going to have fun trimming . I have in the past found a nanner or two. No seeds tho. My biggest freak out was finding an inch worm...I smashed it before thinking to take a pic. I was all about inchworms for a week. Enjoy the waiting- they'll just get better.

• Inuart88
        Inuart88 commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont think i had enough tops!!! lol i topped all my up and coming girls .. Oh i finally got my C99 =DD been dying to get that strain!!

• Jeg
        Jeg commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful garden! Or should I say forest? Nice work

They look great! It's possible you saw the banana because of genetics not anything you did. Is it hot in there? Was the banana located at the top of a bud? I've noticed sometimes you get odd looking female calyxes that look a little like a banana right on top. I only ask because you found so few

Comment

It was hot for a day or two around 80 its been rough to keep it low but i have figured it i will keep the ac on for 12 days if i have too... i have got it down to 75-79 but i need a bigger ac im using a 5000btu i need an 8000 btu but just cant afford one right now... yes they were on top buds

Comment

• Jeg
          Jeg commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel ya. Mine spiked just over 80 yesterday evening. My AC is 15 years old

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          I found an 8000btu stand up for 240 after I make some cash I'm grabbing one I did get and oscillating fan to put directly in front of my tent with the box fan blowing th we ac towards it been at 77 today though!!

Well its the week 7 update pistils are starting to turn... and be a pretty orange the fire og's are like almost red... things are growing along nicely the ol saying if you think you could harvest wait a week well my shit is blowing up i could probably harvest why not wait a week...! So some more bad news seems to never end i think the heat stressed dr. purple out.. reason to throw banana's did find two more. picked early and good stuff.. one of the ones i picked off before those two where yellow and did realize that yucky pollen was realesed i did find a seed on my Chernobyl... a very small green seed that was crush able in my finger tips.. i assuming im so close to the end it really doesn't matter. the wont grow to much more seed wise.. the buds are still blowing up.. so im not sure what people say about seeds effecting bud growth... Ethier way these two mistakes have really hit me hard i will keep growing but i feel like failed i know i didn't but i do.. just that thing about me i got all in or nothing at all.... So hopefully my next grow these problems are addressed and don't happen all in all i feel i had a good first grow and defiantly made some weight.. i have 8 ready to go into flower as soon as these girls are done!

Comment

• Jeg
          Jeg commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't even see these comments. Learning this part too. Were you asking me about my flower and veg same time? I'm trying if the little suckers would cooperate. I started trying a month ago.

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Clones/ clone machine Is all I can the turbo clone 24 slotted is the best investment I could have made and I'm really finicky about spending money I have made close to 40 clones with 100^ success rate! Also size of cutting don't matter flower or veg cutting I have put in some puny ones I did not think would make it 7 days later I got roots it's really worth the money I paid 120 for the machine sold 7 clones for 155 made my money back plus profit. I'm done selling clones find there own strains I just did 2 jack and 3 mystery whites and transplanted them today beat invention every just my thought to though

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you actually have a vegitation tent..? and a light or just kinda of little area i went from one tent with a 600watt mh to buying a second one when it was flowering time with a 600hps best decision i made i think actually getting a 2x4x5 with a 400watt T5 pretty soon also ... want to add leds to my flower tent for more side growth

Seeds are not the end of the world! You did a fine job and the next will be finer also think of all the other things you didn't get like: bugs, mold mildew, etc
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sure once I get a few cycles in I won't be so anal! But I have learned so much in round 1 it's amazingly awesome

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Well next grow : you can flip - Flop between Anal and OCD..takes the pressure off! Sorta...
          I have found being in the company of Master Growers on this forum- in my last 2 grows ( I think) ..maybe 3 makes me a tad bit anxious about everything I do. Previously I was just hanging with GWE website and very content with my plants simply growing and thoroughly supported by GWE ( I still go there even to view topping on my 11th grow!) Your disadvantage/ADVANTAGE is that you get to freak out sooner!!! The best thing ever to come into my space is the forum..on many many many accounts . You too are in a good space.
          This grow I have finishing after switching nutes...ain't gonna be good in yield still having 3 weeks to go over all. I will post last bud images with current bud images once harvesting.

My point? Stay your course..you are doing just friggin fine. You are in GREAT company. Eager for your harvest pics and what are your q's about tincture?
          Last edited by Tika; 05-04-2017, 10:58 AM.

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          I understood everything's but the decarb because it was cut off on the PDF file also can u take the tincture mix once it's done and make candy with that solution???

Tinctures are ment to be sublingual not edibles per se. I have no clue as to candy..never made it as I don't care for edibles. Rather Soth tincture with a Brie cheese coat
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          How about they decarb process it was cut off on the PDF file

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Also I plan on going with ever clear

Never gave you guys a close up!!! heres the ladys naked in all there glory and damn its cold out because they are frosty.. Dr.purple is first with her big ASS COLA! the thing just won't stop growing.. Chernobyl is second with her purpleing tips on her leaves like a multicolored skirt.. and last is fire OG with her red hot hair... its a fucking fashion show!

Comment

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          5 LOL! going for more next time thats for sure got 12 ready but i know i cant use them all

• Jeg
          Jeg commented
          Editing a comment
          Tried to go back and count before I asked. You started with nine right?

• Inuart88
          Inuart88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Kinda 5 were clones when I got them the other 4 were like 1 month from seed so they weren't ready not sure on the kind ether so I may just chop them back and hang on to them . There 3 feet tall now

This is my veg tent right now its super jammed packed there also 3 small ones in the corner Sugar black rose and C99

Comment

Its weird back in January i never even thought of being a full time grower... now 4 months later Holy shit i did IT! first goal i have achieved in a long time i hope people like my product

Comment

• Jeg
            Jeg commented
            Editing a comment
            You know they will. Hell I get high just looking at the pictures

So its week 8 and day this is what stuff looks like i dont really have a way to get the plants under natural light so i cut a bud off each and trimmed it thoughts do you guys think its ready or another week or 2 im at day 57 now so 8 weeks and a day... I think i fucked up in one aspect.. that i switched nutrients half way through flowering probably at the month mark i switched from the fox farm trio to Earth Juice sugar peak .. my buddy was using and his stuff looked amazing so i thought i should try it but... i think i defiantly slowed my growth but im not sure... sadly anyway... are these ready everything on the is milky + not sure about amber i think i see some and sometimes i dont... hard to do with a shaky hand.. Could switching my nutes half way through flower have done damage? i have switched over to just water today... and plan on doing that from now on.. should my buds have gotten bigger for 8 weeks in?

Comment

• OzBud
            OzBud commented
            Editing a comment
            the different nutrients may not have completely agreed with each other. Nute companies design their nutes to work with their own lines so who knows what sort of potential chemical reactions could take place when changing to a different company or nute line within the same company. That being said possibly the only thing you could have done differently was to give them a good flush before changing over the nutes. I don't know how much difference it would have made without a flush, if there were major problems there would have been nutrient lockout or other viswible signs.

As for bud size, there's so many varying factors, light, air, nutes, strain, defol/no defol, plant training, temps, RH, pH etc. They're good looking buds you've got there, as long as you get the desired effects, bud size, density and yield can be worked towards in future grows.
            I'll be posting some day 49 pics of my current auto grow journal in a couple of hours if you wanted to do a bit of a comparison. I changed from transition to bloom nutes two weeks ago. Buds everywhere.

• Sonnyhad
            Sonnyhad commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know about the nutes doing damage, during the ripening stage they don't grow up any more just build bigger buds. About the doneness, you really need to get a digital microscope to hook up to your computer. It takes all the guess work out of it. They may be done, but without seeing the trichomes it's really a carp shoot.

Here is the size of most of the main colas or the biggest ones there are... i figured a pen would be a decent comparison.

Comment

Gorgeous.

Comment

tough to tell if there ready yet without looking at the trics but they are definitely looking fantastic
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I have one I see almost all cloudy with one or to clear really don't see any amber yet I tried some bud yesterday off them and holy fuck 10 out of 10

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X