No announcement yet.

Grow Journal First grow #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So im trying to figure out how to pictures with the hps on the color of the light makes the pix come out like shit any thoughts?

Comment

Week 3 and 1 day start of week 4 and things are moving along nicely its weird making a post every week its kinda of like i look forward to my progress or something maybes its just looking back at the pictures and see how far my girls have come who knows... But ether way been a busy week things are going good on my flowering girls.. Wish i could pull them out and give them a haircut but its so tight in there i don't see it happening easlily.. My veg tent is getting packed i threw out 5 clones and i gotta pick and choose now since i got 6 more to start... also i got my big girls put in 5 gallons well 3 out of 4 put in but ran out of soil/money damn that thing called money have to wait till next week.... also moved two dr.purple clones into 2 gallon containers that were looking good i think my goal is to keep 2 of all my clones so i dont have 14 in one tent LMFAO.... hard to just toss something growing so good next week when i get soil im going to start getting picky and throwing things out needs to be done i need room so im going to keep 2 dr's 2 Fire OG and 2 Chernobyl and start my other seed 1,2,3,4 and my two black sugar rose i think two of each should be good even though all my Fire og in my tent are growing massive buds!

Comment

Looking good!!
        Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Wow. Super healthy nice big fat nugs forming congrats great work

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll counter that with: Since switching to LED (and Terpinator) my lower nugs are good and firm-little but viable and mighty.

• Inuart88
            Inuart88 commented
            Editing a comment
            How many plants do you do tika?? In what kind of space?

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            I just wrote to that on one of your pages but I have:
            8 5 gal smart pots in a 5x9 Gorilla. I use the tent only for flowering 7 gal pots too heavy and 10 gal pots you should be outdoors or in a big building..in my opinion.
            I veg in a space/ room along a wall-no tent with T5s I have 4 T5s (2' ) that ultimately the 5 gal smart pots will go into once plants are establlished. Once again you can find pics in my first journal (PDF) or my journal thread.
            I dont want to use nor move my LEDs in and out of the tent-nor move my T5s in and out..I have enough to do moving 8 5 gal pots in and out of the tent...or veg room

Its offically 1 month in!! i had to start my a/c with the damn 85 degree days which kinda sucks but i got it figured out pretty good.. Anyway here's the awesome bud pictures also i have a question about flushing i know you flush the week or 2 before harvest in soil.. but do i need to do it anytime nowish im going into week five and im just wondering if thats something i need to do!

Comment

• Inuart88
            Inuart88 commented
            Editing a comment
            You mean flush like days before or the week before? Just wondering this will be my first harvest so I will have a lot a questions

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd say flushing just a few days before. It's better to have some hard sense not very well flushed buds than having fluffy airy well flushed ones. Focus on getting the plant to develop nicely and fill out those buds. Only experience will give you a better sense of when to flush but every strain is diferent so my advice is right when you think it's ready (it's not going to be, trust me) flush for a few days and harvest before too many tricomes become amber. It's hard to wait. The hardest part of all this

• Inuart88
            Inuart88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Honestly I don't smoke so the waiting hasn't really bothered me I'm growing for profit.. Hoping to make enough in a year or so to open a hydro store in my town. So I'm basically just waiting to recoup my investment I may smoke later but it will be when I get a better sense of growing even though I have definatly exceeded my expectations my first time and then some. I figured this would be a test grow not a top quality max gram grow maybe I got a nak for it

They look great! Developing very nicely! However, I'd guess you still have at least 3-4 weeks to go so I don't think it's time to start flushing yet The good news is that means they'll get a lot bigger. What nutrients are you using?

Comment

• Inuart88
            Inuart88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you tried cha Ching at all I got some for the last 4 weeks but I'm use ing it at half strength because I know it's hott but I'm wondering for a bud weight builder what there is for that ?

• NebulaHaze
            NebulaHaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Cha Ching is good stuff but it's definitely very hot and a little goes a looooong way! To be completely honest your plants look so good I'd be reluctant to change anything

• Inuart88
            Inuart88 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had the same thought i added it today but i probably wont add it again honestly i was thinking the exact same thing haha everythings going good why fuck with it i added very little this watering but i will probably hold off on it for now.. i really fought with the idea of adding and and the wife was like well at least try it so i did but i think i will just go back to my normal nute schedule

week 5 of flower! and im worried these things are going to get too fat =D there so big already its crazy! i have seen pictures of people into week 6 or 7 that aren't this big. i did add cha ching to 4 plants this week and didn't add it to one wanna see if it makes a difference in the growth/resin i used very little half of 1/8 of a tsp so not very much but like nebula said i should be relucant to change anything because things are going well.. im worried about my vegging plants because they are getting so tall while i wait for this grow to finish and bushy too there massive in height and bushiness but i think with a trellis i can control the tops a little better. Im going to do 12 plants flowering total 6 in each tent. Im also ordering my microscope today i have found a carson for pretty cheap thoughts on it https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LAX52IQ...YUFVAAIF&psc=1 or should i get a different one also thinking of getting a trim bin too not sure yet but i have to pick up 8 5 galllon burner pots tomorrow and 3-4 bags of soil dammit these pots are costing me money =D

Comment

• NebulaHaze
            NebulaHaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have the height for a 400W Metal Halide for veg? (5+ feet) It puts out the same amount of heat as a true-watt 400W T5, but it'll get 2-3 times the growth for the same amount of electricity! !

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            yup-they look great! I agree. And they have time to go...you are going to be having some SERIOUS bud to trim!!!

• Inuart88
            Inuart88 commented
            Editing a comment
            The Tika lives !!! So I visted my buddy his plants are two weeks ahead of mine and they are the size of my fking bicep I was in awe!!!! He uses earth juice it requires no flush it's a 4 part nute. He gave me some of the grand finale for the last two weeks I'm excitied to see what it does!! I'm deffintly switching too it there's a veg transition flower and grand finale with no chemical smell at all. Also I got a Cinderella 99 fully vegged plant and 2 jack cutting and 3 mystic white cuttings. So now I have dr. Purple fire og Chernobyl c99 mystic white and jack holy shit for just starting back in January I think I'm doing alright ;-) I also have 4 random seeds I call mystery 1,2,3,4 going to finish them f the suck chop chop... my friend also wants me to do his clones too :-)

Not really if I got another 4x4 and upgraddd to. 4x8 for flower then yes I would also what is the heat on. 400mh honestly I may look into it good point I probly have the space but not the cash right now but 12 plant so in a veg tent is getting sketchy but maybe I will wait till I can get some extra cash

Comment

Maybe I will just grab another 600watt vivosun setup and upgrade my tent maybe 350 bucks or so probably the best plan yeah?

Comment

You can get a 315 for that!
              • Digital-Grow-LEC-315W-CMH-Ceramic-MH-Light-Complete-Fixture-w-3000k-Lamp
              Have one to sell? Sell now
              Digital Grow LEC 315W CMH Ceramic MH Light Complete Fixture w/ 3000k Lamp

120/240V Compatible, Discreet Shipping, 3 Year Warranty

300.00 I have both this and the sun systems, not much difference at all and the reflector is the same, looks the same anyway. cant tell really

Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Well i would be getting a tent for 145-160 and a 600wat mh/hps for 165 so i dont really have a that much for a light.... but i pay jack shit for electricity cost me 20-26 bucks a month per light and flowering like prob cost about 15-19 bucks so i pay nothing=D love maine!

Comment

• Sonnyhad
                  Sonnyhad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice! I like the lobster in Maine!

• Tika
                  Tika commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ...Then let there be light!!! Mine is over 200 per month

• Inuart88
                  Inuart88 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What is the watts and what kind of lights

NebulaHaze Hey heres i question i put up yesterday and did't get an answer. im asking because i gotta get these girls into new homes asap. You have 5 hours to get back to me =D. I used fabri. Pots 2 gallons my roots are starting to poke out the bottom I'm buying 5 gallons and soil today my question is with the roots poking out do I just transplant them as normal as in wet the flip them slid the soil and roots out and put them in there new home I'm figuring the roots poking out will break. Or can I slide it off and the roots will just slide through? Or should I cut the pot off I don't want to because there 4 bucks each. Just interested in thoughts on this I usually transplant before the roots get this long but I haven't had the. Money for all the soil and pots but I got it now.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In the meanwhile I can tell you what I know. Fabric pots are made to kill the tip of the root (when comes into contact with air) to promote more roots to grow from that same root. Meaning the roots coming out of the pot are bound to die eventually. You don't need to worry too much about them, transplanting should be done carefully not to harm the root ball. If this means ripping those root tips off to be able to slide the pot that's the best way to go in my opinion

• NebulaHaze
                  NebulaHaze commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm sorry I didn't get to you in time, it has been a crazy weekend for me, but it looks like you did a perfect job! Your plants look amazing

So i have been waiting like 2 weeks to transplant been wanting to do it for awhile but just haven't had the funds finally came into them and after 120 bucks 8 5galon burner pots 3 bags of ffof and 1 happy frog and 12 plastic trays i was ready... me and the wife hammered it out in 3 and half hours god dammit it took awhile! My thought is should i upgrade and start using 10 gallons would it make a differnce in plant/bud production or not really anyway i had to do 9 plants today and i have 12 total +6 mini clones going If anyone wondered what a 4x4 tent can take well this is it 2 weeks and 4 days and my flower will be done and i make this tent a flower and do 6 and 6 in flower and buy another light i know nebula mentioned getting a 400 watt mh but i just dont know how to do it which is why i was thinking of a t5 because of heat and shit but i dont know i have a 6 inch 440cfm fan doing both tents right now but i wont have a tent for my light at first and i dont have an intake fan right now and i really need one... i dont know i could buy the mh for 30 bucks more than the t5 but with that i would have to fan cool it yes? or could i just hang it with no fan cooling and no tent... im not sure what to do im kinda torn because i wanna have two flower but dont have a light for veg right now.... thoughts?

Comment

• Tika
                  Tika commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Many thoughts you have Inuart: and I think we all have had many thoughts at any given time.
                  Personally -in my 5x9 tent I have 8 five gallon pots. Yes the roots poke out the bottom and my hydro guy says good & healthy.
                  I have questioned getting 7 gal smart pots-but a. I couldnt lift them wet and b. apparently it doesnt make that much difference.
                  Depending on your environment-space-T5s dont really need a tent (you can see my veg in both journals..and I dont veg in my tent even if it is empty.
                  your plants look great BTW-VERY exciting times

it will take me about 2 weeks once i cut the clones so i may have time to get some money together but im not sure do i buy another 4x4 or upgrade to and 4x8 and go that route is it possible to setup the 4x8 and shit while these are in flower or will it do damage i figured i could have it banged out in 2 hours max.... If i bought the t5 i could just hang in my extra space beside my tent... and then upgrade to an mh later and sell the t5... i will take a picture of my room or draw it up and upload it for thoughts

Comment

With a 4x4, I think 4-6 plants is a good amount. I wouldn't do more than 6 unless you plan on keeping them really small, just because it gets difficult to reach the back ones after they get big and everything is flowering and sticky

If you're trying to keep things low heat and low electricity for the vegetative stage, a High Output T5 is actually pretty effective as long as the plants are under 1.5-2 feet tall or so. You probably won't need to do anything to keep it cool as long as there's good ventilation in the room. Plants aren't as fast-growing under a T5 as they would be under an MH or HPS, but it gets the job done!

The only problem with a really big tent is if you want some plants to be vegetating, and some plants to be flowering/making buds. Unless you're growing with auto-flowering strains, you'll need to be able to keep your flowering plants in a completely light proof space so they never get any light during their daily 12 hour dark period. That's the "signal" that gets them to make buds, and if they get light at night (even a tiny bit like a blinking indicator light) they may start reverting back to the vegetative stage.

But if all the plants are going to be in the same stage of life, you're better off with a big tent instead of two individual tents since they'll get to share some of their light with each other. Just as an example, two 600W lights next to each other will produce more than two 600W lights on their own, since some of the light that would normally get lost to the walls gets picked up by the other plants.

Comment

• Tika
                    Tika commented
                    Editing a comment
                    totally well said Nebula-as usual. 10-4 that

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X