No announcement yet.

Grow Journal First grow #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amazing how much they've grown in the last 3 weeks! They look great!

Comment

I did some defolation today and i cleaned up almost all under growth except for the new tops and thicker branches coming off them.. i went a little agressive but i figured i would i got one more week till flower and i want it all going to the tops will post pictures in a little while finishing moana.. they look bare lol =-(

Comment

Here is tops and stems Let me know did i over do it or should that help power grow my tops i know they will fill in again. I feel like i over did it a little bit but there was alot going on beneath the canopy that i don't think would of ever made it to the top

Comment

They look great! I think things went perfectly. That part underneath wouldn't have gotten light in this setup, so now the plant can focus on what's on top (where the big colas will be)!

Comment

Week 3 and 2 days update. I Upped my nutes to 6tsp of Bigbloom and 3tsp of Grow big. i actually missed week two with the 2tsp of Grow big. I also added 1/2 tsp Great white. to all watering this week. I transplanted my Fire OG - Medium into a 7 gallon from a 2 gallon and Transplanted all my seedlings into 2 gallons. i found that my plants grew 3 or more inches since i checked my light at the beginning of the week and i was at 18 to 19 inches when i checked again i was at 15. i try to check that every few days. Been doing lots of LST and defoliation to get my bud sites ready for the switch. My seedlings the back 4 plants in the picture on week 6 tomorrow so there 2 weeks behind my clones. I was trying to keep a grow journal but have been having a hard time and messing up watering. So my wife decided she would make me a watering chart in excel and man i LOVE IT. I kept forgetting what i watered and what with so i she made that for me 9 plants was a huge task to take on for my first grow but it has taught me alot! anyway theres my weekly update!

Comment

So i Switched out my lights from mh to HPS today around 6pm and got it set to go off at 8pm and come on at 8am. so i wouldnt have to mess with them through the first sleep cycle. Also had to move my veg to my ghetto t8 32w bulbs there 5000k but not much wattage i thought i was getting my new tent tomorrow to go with my other light but guess its not till monday and i didnt wanna get further behind schedule. I am moving my bed into a closet so i can fit my second tent in my question is if i open my tent at night to deal with humidity as long as light doesnt light it up i should be fine right they are basically in all darkness anyway at night but i have a computer on sometimes. if i dont open it the humidity goes to 80+

Comment

• OzBud
                OzBud commented
                Editing a comment
                No light at all would be best. That being said, it's pretty rare outdoor growers in suburban areas are ever going to have total darkness unless they somehow cover up their plants.

• Inuart88
                Inuart88 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have got it extremely dark I put a blanket around the tent

So here's my week 1 update from starting flower check this out! Finally got the environment in both Tents under control! Now have a veg tent and a flower TENT!

Comment

Nice!!!! Having veg & flower space is great!! Love the shot of the 4 little ones
                Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
                Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
                GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
                photoperiod feminized seeds
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Inuart88
                  Inuart88 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got all my clones going to gotta transplant 9 more today then i will throw a good pic up of my veg tent

• Tika
                  Tika commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking forward to your pics!! Have fun!

Big picture update i know do like little ones the day before probably because im too excited! but ethier way. Did some watering on 3 plants in my big tent ph6.3 and 5ml of calmag they seem to be loving it.. getting ready to transplant my last 2gallon pot just not idea where im going to put a 7gallon one =( to much plant never thought i would say that. Also did some crazy defoliation yesterday always double check myself on that but it always comes out good Also finished my second set of clones yesterday.. so i got pictures of all those and did some topping on a two of 4 bigger veg plants that came from old seeds 2 out of 4 are female as of right now! Any quest ask away!

Comment

GREAT update Inuart! What fun!
                  I cant imagine 7 gal pots...lifting them . 5 gal my max but then I transplant from 5" square plastic pots to 5 gal.
                  Very nice & pristine set up you have going.

Comment

• Inuart88
                    Inuart88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you its funny.. i show people pictures only a few people but one guy at the hydro store was like how many years you been growing i said this is my first grow he looked pretty amazed so that made me feel good! and yeah the 7 gallons are heavy right after i water them. I think im going to go to 1 or 2 gallons from my little clone boxes but damn im going to need alot of pots!

No doubt!! You have pulled through beautifully!!!
                  do suggest that you put clones into max of 1 gal pot or large dixies then into 5 gal pots. I have been told not much fifference between 5 and 7 gal ( indoor grow)
                  you can check my 5x5 plastics on my journal before I go to 5 gal
                  I think starting in smaller pot then to mother pot a good practice but...I am still quite clueless.
                  Stay I touch I hope
                  will

Comment

• Inuart88
                    Inuart88 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will defiantly take that into consideration. I have some Quart things left over from my initial starting but i think they were junk personally the idea of a 1 gallon sounds pretty good i will probably go for it =) dammit i need 20 1 gallon pots lol And i think im going to go for 5s 7 is just too big it really takes up space i mean i couldn't fit anymore any way canopy wise but still.. its always an experiment which i absolutely love at this point. can be frustrating at times though. i will defiantly check your grow journal out.. how tall do you usually let your girls get? mine are up past my waste now and we are only a week into flower.. im glad i customized my light or else i think i would be screwed i took the 4 inch brackets off and put in I bolts that are right to the top so i gained 3-4 inches on my light

The buds have started and got my last defoliation hair cut in ... Did i over do it or does it look good i really cleared up alot to get light to my lower bud sites.. Just hoping i didn't over do it also picked up 4 new clone strains Sugar black rose, White Mystic Cb99 Jack! so this will be good.. after watching my Veg plants the ones i topped i wish i would of topped the girls in flower.. but its okay learning experience!

Comment

Looks great to me! I don't think you overdid anything

Comment

• Inuart88
                      Inuart88 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I saw some plants that didn't have lst and they looked pretty good also they were only about 4 1/2 feet its make me wonder if i should have lst'd them or not.. but i can see how they only really get one main cola and it did look like an xmas tree which was funny but they looked really good also so im kinda in the air with all this too much to think about some times and i stress about it just the way iam! lucky i got enough plants/clones to change things up with but anyway thoughts on yield from lst to topping to just letting grow recommendations im going for yield but also quality! any imput on this nebula would be great i know your the lady with the experience

I've always found that I get the best yields when getting a plant to produce multiple big colas that are all the same height (so they can all be the same distance from the light) over letting it grow naturally with just one big cola, with all the rest of the colas lower on the plant and further from the light.

But you can definitely get great yields without training, especially if you grow a bunch of plants together like how you did. This makes it so you don't need to train the plants as much. In the end, your goal is more about getting many long, thick colas under the light than anything else. The shape and number of plants underneath makes far less of a difference than that final result! From your pictures it looks like you've done that beautifully! The entire grow space is filled with main bud sites that are about the same height as each other, which is perfect!

However, my one piece of advice is to keep bending over any stems that get way taller than the others during the growing process, which is likely to happen as they switch from the vegetative stage into the flowering stage. You'll get the best results if you keep all the colas around the same height of each other, so the canopy is wide and flat like a table Other than that, I don't really see a need for LST in your tent!

Comment

• Inuart88
                      Inuart88 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I did lst all the plants in the picture and my next 4 coming up i topped two and lst the other to for experiment purposes but i think your right im not going to lst or topp and more and just let em go since i have so much head room! Thank you for the advice

Its week 2 and 1 day of flower! I did some transplants yesterday i did 10 total 3 into 2 gallon pots and 7 into 1 gallon pots with a FOFF mix with happy frog to kill the high ph of FOFF instead of high 7s it hits it down to 6.1-6.6 ph level! I got some good buds coming i believe anyway and some sugar leaves starting. i Also cut clones off my plants i started from seeds the big ones in the back of the veg tent. i call em Seedling 1 2 3 4. no clue of what kinds they are just know that they came from hella good medical pot. Been a busy couple days but hey thats okay im hoping soon to get a a t5 300 watt- 400 watt for veg so i can have two flower tents im done with topping and lst since i have 7feet of overhead i believe theres really no need for it anymore so im kinda mad at my self for doing it to my seedling ones i may scrap them i dont know yet. all my bigger transplanted clones are looking awesome. Im hoping to upgrade my flower tent to a 4x8x7 but who knows so i can do between 10-12 plants in there. and use one of my 4x4x7 tents for my new t5 8 bulb im hoping to buy soon. also i paid 60 bucks last month for running my two 600 watt lights one on 12/12 obviously and one 18/6.. is that bad is that alot of money per light or not? But i really need to get a bigger flower space after this harvest... Also how do my buds look do they look right for about 2 weeks into flowering? i think they look awesome but this is my first grow so im not sure.... wish i would never bent them but cant go back now though. we will see Should i scrap my 4 seedlings since i cut clones? because i wont have a spot for them to flower and there already almost 2 months old or they are im not sure i mean i could let them go for another month or but im not sure if i will be able to get my t5 by then and change out my bulbs.. i need to tranplant them to 5 gallon pots but just dont have the money this week so im going to do it next week i know them being in small 2 gallon could be stunting the growth but theres nothing i can do this a week. anyway thats my update any thoughts would be welcome... had a lot to talk about!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X