***compairing lights*** yeild/watts/flavour/taste/ quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***compairing lights*** yeild/watts/flavour/taste/ quality

Has anyone compaired lights? HPS, MH, CFL, LED, LEC??? Which lights are better for what assumeing the actual power draw is the same

Good question! I have once wondered that same thing. I really want to know what the difference is between HPS and LED's. And even different qualities of LED's

I'm thankful for this "growing" community and for this plant!

Romans 10:9, 10 Jesus is Lord!

Comment

I just finished my first grow with the Kind 750w LED in a 4x4 tent with 4 plants. Keep in mind this was my very first grow, but my 4 plants responded really well to the lights. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I was happy. I'm 2 weeks into my second, but from seeds this time, so I'll post back in a journal how they do.

Comment

• fozzy
        fozzy commented
        Editing a comment
        How long was you veg? What did you yield? How many watts does that light pull from the wall?

• deno
        deno commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the Urban GreenHouse holds 4 plants , Hydroponics and this is my 2 nd grow I like the tent 6 -8 weeks i got a harvest

I am going to get in trouble with this, but I have seen no proof that watt for watt comparison's show any light more effective than the 600w MH/HPS
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• fozzy
        fozzy commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you ever compared Led's to HPS?

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        Only in the research. I want to go to LED when I am convinced that they are better and cheaper than what I am using now. At this point I am not convinced. I feel that we will all know when that happens because it will the light that every grower wants.

• fozzy
        fozzy commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear that.

I use the 600 watt MH/HPS light. The only difference between LEDs and MH/HPS I can see is the price!. That and the LEDs cast colorful light. I choose yield over color myself.

Comment

Has anyone grown hps with autoflowers?

Comment

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          My first grow was Candy Cane Auto with MH/HPS 600w. in organic M3 peat based mix. just add water and I consider it to be very successful. I ran 18/6 all the time

• tyler_ hobbyist
          tyler_ hobbyist commented
          Editing a comment
          I will have a great compairasin for ya flockshot I'm growing candy cane autos under 600w actual draw LED there only in veg right now but what did u yeild per plant?

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          I honestly don't remember, but I did have one main cola darn near the size of my forearm. It was all I could do to not tell the world. You will like the flavor also. It is a good strain in my book.

Originally posted by tyler_ hobbyist View Post
        Has anyone grown hps with autoflowers?
        yes, I have done so TWO times works for me.
        Attached Files

Comment

Dontknownuttin what we're ur strains and how much did u yeild? I'm growing with led at the same wattage I will update u guys with my yields when there done only day 21 of flower right now blueberry tangerine dream are in flower and candy cane in veg

Comment

Sorry I know nothing about LED lights many here use them I understand. I bet facts will soon come your way.

Comment

How much yield did u get per plant under ur 600w hps?

Comment

Have heard great things about 315's for small footprints.
                DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
                315 LEC
                6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
                6" Carbon filter
                3- 6" fans
                humidifier
                temp and humidity gauge
                5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
                FF trio nutrients

Comment

• Vividimage420
                  Vividimage420 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lec rock for any desired use

Hey Tyler, if heat is a concern then led and lec are great, fluorescents for veg only. Been using two 1200w leds with x8 40w cfls around them. I had a 8 tubes t5 in between the leds but just replaced it with an lec315, I'm 3 weeks into flower and so far bud growth is comparable between both types of light. But the leds had a two week head start so it could be that lec is more efficient so far...will keep on reporting...I can't do hps as it would add too much heat to my space and $$$ to my bill.
                x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
                  tyler_ hobbyist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for ur post that's helpful

• bobsakamoto
                  bobsakamoto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  very helpful, thanks LUCKY

I've used CFLs and LEDs thus far and I'm happy with those solutions. One thing I notice in the typical HPS vs. LED online debate is that no-one ever seems to account for HPS bulb replacement when comparing the two techs.
                Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

• bobsakamoto
                  bobsakamoto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you know i had never thought of that, but so true!!! thanks, BTB

• StoneyTony
                  StoneyTony commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't forget the ballasts too ; )

I like that here in the U.S. we are always debating the correct light, where in other places they are so far beyond light. They have moved on to "light recipes" where they simulate sunrise with a spectrum to wake plants up faster in the morning, which gives the plant more of the 12 hour light cycle making food. They simulate sundown in much the same way, to get the plant to sleep faster and have it doing maintenance on itself sooner in the dark cycle. A computer captures light intensity information throughout the light cycle and adjusts to the perfect night time temperature, for that particular day, to produce maximum sugars. And much more.
                So, someday we will be discussing the best recipe, for White Widow, in the 7th week of the flowering period. I can't wait. Rock on.

completed 7 grows
                what I have learned so far:
                environment maters more than nutrients
                at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
                effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• LuckyAcres
                  LuckyAcres commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's badass! Gotta look into that!

• Flockshot
                  Flockshot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got the original heads up from Harley Smith. He is a YouTube hydroponics guru and spokesperson for RAW dry nutrients. Very interesting food for thought (as if I don't already overthink all of this).

• bobsakamoto
                  bobsakamoto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Flockshot, i've seen some people on other places doing somethings in the neighborhood of that...SO interesting! thanks for this...i had no idea "we" were so behind...

The perfect LED light recipe for your plants depends on the type of plant you are growing and as well as its life cycle stage.

Comment

• Flockshot
                  Flockshot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So true. Five years ago this was science fiction and we are already getting closer to a cheaper, better solution.

• bobsakamoto
                  bobsakamoto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks DKN!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X