Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, ya that sounds great I'd love to see ur updates thank you

Comment

Hey hey thought I'd drop a quick update on my side by side comparing of lec 315w and led 1200w. Each light covers half of the main sour diesel. Noting that the lec was introduced 2 weeks into flowering and the difference in power with led, I'm impressed by both. Those colas are getting nice and big and are sticky as hell! Small differences though. Both buds are dense and very promising but the lec seem more evenly dense along the length of the cola, appears longer I guess if that makes any sense. Lec looks like a mini cigar, led looks like a drunk Christmas tree, there, that helps? Remember, same exact plant.
      lec is off for pics taking.
      thinking more about this, those lec buds are just bigger, period. Not giving any definite opinion yet but I think my wife might just get a couple of lec's for her birthday! That's what she always wanted!
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
        tyler_ hobbyist commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish lec lights wernt so exspencive or I would definitly buy one but I can justify spending 500bucks on one

Comment

Thought I would throw my 2cent in here as I have used all of the above.

CFL this is where I started growing and to be fair it did produce some decent smoke although it was fully and airy for the most part.

LED this is where things start to get tricky as you have lower end stuff like Mars Hydro all the way to the much higher end Budmaster (using these as examples as they are what I have personally ran). Now back in the day everyone used CFL's for mothers/veg now I think the CFL market is dying a cheap LED like a Mars Hydro doesn't cost much more and wont need replacing for years and you better believe your bitches will thank you for it. Personally unless you can afford the real expensive high end LED's I would stick to LED for mothers/veg. On the other hand the higher end LED's do indeed produce some real nice bud, one thing that I don't think gets spoke about much is that LED's (or at least the ones I have used) require a different growing style than HPS. If you are going to buy high end LED's and expect them to act the same as they would under HPS you will be disappointed. The main thing to note is LED's will not produce one giant cola, what they will do is produce rock solid nugs from top to bottom, I defoil pretty heavy to open up my canopy and my LED's never gave me any popcorn just tiny rock hard buds. Remember LED's don't throw out much direct heat but when you have 1k+ watts running they do indeed create a substantial amount of ambient heat which you will still have to remove, also in winter you may find you have to run a heater 24/7 to keep temps up depending on how many watts you have running.

HPS well im sure we are all aware of how well HPS works so I'm not going to get into it most people want to switch due to heat and running costs.

CDM On my second run with CDM so far very happy with the quality, not finished any known genetics yet so don't have too much to say although I will say 2x 315w CDM's still run slightly cooler than a single 600w HPS.
        The Pheno Hunt Begins Bubblelicious @ Nirvana seeds 2017

Comment

I noticed when I installed my led 315 the plants nearby all noticed and leaned toward it. They were under led lights.
          Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Does anyone know where to buy a lec for a reasonable price?

Comment

• LuckyAcres
              LuckyAcres commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably not helpful but my grow shop has their $355 sale until the end of the month. Order by phone possible I'd guess but then you'd have shipping costs

Thank u lucky

Comment

I have a 600w hps in a 4X4 that averages 42-52 grams per 2 to 3 foot tall plant. I'm satisfied with the results but not my electric bill or the heat it produces.

I want to switch to a 315 LEC but everywhere i read it suggests no bigger than a 3X3 setup. A 630 LEC is expensive as 4.5 months of electricity bills!

If someone can chime in on using a 315 in a 4X4 with at least 4 plants i will order one ASAP! Until then i will wait on the price to drop lol. Peace!
              Perpetual setup!

Comment

Ive run hps/mh cfls for veg. This is my first led run Im pulling 740ish from the wall with all switches fired up. I honestly feel that led is a deceptive light and until you have one it seems weird in photos but I have never experienced any light that conpletely felt and looks like actual sunlight and this one does. When your sitting under it. Not from anywhere else though. Im excited to see how it comes out! Theres some good side by side journals on youtube. Ill try to post one. Led gives more resins and terps. Better smell taste and stickier denser buds. Weightwise was only a few grams less than same wattage hps/mh but better "bag appeal" as they say it
                Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
                4'x4'x7' grow tent
                General Organics Go Box
                ProMix HP
                1>3>7 gal smartpots
                Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

Comment

Hi Tyler, my first grow is in day 36 of flower, 42 day veg. I have cheaper HPS 600 W x2 and 2 cheaper LED's, actual draw is 600w. Plus I have three t5's on the sides. Be advised they are different strains, but so far, HPS seem to be leading the way.

Comment

I use led 650w from the wall with 5autoflowers

Comment

Awesome plants chowder it looks like u have a mix of indica and hybrids they look awesome can I add something please dnt take offecnce but it looks like ur light stressing some of the plants, those ones the leaves have almost a 90degree claw if u add co2 this will cure this issue and ur buds can have up2 20percent growth from it other than that there amazing!!!

Comment

Are ur plants autos or photos? I grow autos check out my fourm if u want (autoflower time line)

Comment

Thanks Tyler, this was my setup grow so the bank is broke, but I do want to experiment with CO2 in the future. Plants are not auto's. I too was concerned about light stress, but my Lux meter is reading under 85k and physical heat is not an issue, so I'm not sure what to do. Right now I'm just watching and inching lights up each couple days but am concerned about the lower plants loosing out.
                          Almost forgot, my ppm was up slightly as they're drinking a lot of water. I've added ph water to my reservoir. Wondering if slight nitrogen toxicity? Any suggestions would be great as I'm hoping to be a month away from a successful grow.

Comment

Nitrogen tox could make the leaves claw but it doesn't look like that as u have no nute burn on the tips or down the leaves u will get nute burn before u get any toxic stress. They look amazing tho. Flush ur plants with room temp milk any kind will do and also a very cheap way to add a gd amount of co2 to your room is this and I do this every grow and have amazing luck boil 1liter of water add 1 cup of white sugar mix till desolved and then add 1table spoon on tradishional yeast mix and done co2 for 7-9days for a grow space of 3x3x8 roughly if u have a larger room just make more also try to put them up high as co2 is heavier than air and will fall to the floor. Now there's 2methods to do this and I use both methods. Method #1 put this mixture in an open container with no lid and put above the plants anywere. Method#2 put this mixture in a bottle with lid drill a hole in the lid put a hose in the hole and put the end of the hose over ur plant. Method #1 is way better if u have more than 2 or 3plants. The bottle method is better for 1plant. I have told a lot of people to do this and they all have success with preventing pretty well any stress to the plants and also can increase growth by 20percent. I do both methods every grow. Check out my grows if u want in the above post

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X