No announcement yet.

***compairing lights*** yeild/watts/flavour/taste/ quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello guys, long time haven't wrote anything and now is good chance to share my experience with all of you. More or less something about 10 years was growing under HPS/MH and results were nice, but after I got some interesting strains like Frisian duck on my hands and it didn't go well with these lights I had to change it to LED lights to get a full potential and colours of this strain. after a research for a price and quality with a golden middle I found one manufacturer who can offer what I need. Prices are middle ones, but product worth each cent! I'm not promoting anything, but these lights do the job perfectly for me. Will add photos soon. You will see the huge difference of 600w HPS and 630w (actual draw from wall) ZNET lights.
    ​​​​​​
    UPDATE:
    Strain blueberry cheese, flower week 2, veg. 40 days.
    P.S. one under HPS is a mix of blueberry cheese and Frisian duck so it doesn't count and sorry for mess in grow room, was too much busy to clean up for a while..

​​​​​​Kind regards,
    Natural Garden
    eCa
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eCa; 02-24-2017, 01:00 PM. Reason: Photo upload to show difference
    Regards,
    Natural Garden
    eCa

Comment

• eCa
      eCa commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that's true, but you already noticed the difference good eye! Plants has more bud sites and stems with branches are thicker so it means they will ready to hold more flowers! Will post growing journal after harvest in any case.

• bobsakamoto
      bobsakamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      what tyler said, please. so many times on here i see people doing little mini-experiments, either side by side 1:1s or from previous grow to current grow, but then they don't end up reporting back what happened/what they found... NOT complaining, i know people get busy and other stuff, just sayin'....

• eCa
      eCa commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't worry, will share details with all of you currently waiting for new lights with different spectrum ratio, so it's not the end. There will be more and more info about differences

Thank you for the link dontknownuttin

Comment

I'm going to try this expraiment mybe my next grow mh/hps v.s LED actual draw, wattage for wattage this summer probably. I bought cheap led lights under 200bucks with shipping should I also use a low end bulb or a high end bulb? I was thinking a low end bulb because I have low end leds, it seems to be more fair what do you think?

Comment

Low end and high end? You mean hps? You see there is also a difference when using HPS what spectrum it has. It can be full spectrum for flow and veg or just for flow with all red what needed. You won't see big difference if you use some kind a cheap LED lights. As I told before I'm not promoting any of lights, but if somebody need contacts I can share it will get a discount with my recommendation and etc.

Regards,
        Natural Garden
        eCa
        Regards,
        Natural Garden
        eCa

Comment

• furrysparkle
          furrysparkle commented
          Editing a comment
          Oooh yes when I go LED I will hit you up!

• eCa
          eCa commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, that's for sure! Send a message to me and I'll give You contacts and promotion code for discount! Fast delivery in US, local warehouse.

We all apricate that. What u ment about low and high end in like sunmast/hortilux/ some low end bulbs like ipower/appol horticulture seeing that I'm useing low end led lights like bestva and 1200W LED Grow Light Lamp Full Spectrum Panel Veg Bloom Flower Indoor Plant

Comment

• eCa
          eCa commented
          Editing a comment
          Bestva lights tend to have problem with overheat, so they recommend to turn off lights after 8 hours of work for a short time. So keep in mind this light won't be best thing for autoflowers. But I keep thumbs up and wish success!

The lights are off ebay and are under 200bucks. That's why I'm wondering if I should use high or low end mh/hps in the battle against my leds lol

Comment

BTW, about the rest. I haven't saw big difference in taste or smell, but colours, yield, potency has a huge difference. Same strain can have 1-2% more THC if LED has UV and IR spectrum so it make the job quite well. It's third grow with both lights on, checking how does different strains respond to LED lights and can say 100% that blueberry cheese, northern lights, frisian duck, sweet tooth, white widow has better results! So seems after checking my last strains I will put HPS under the bed and use only LED lights even I was sceptic about these in the past.

Regards,
          Natural Garden
          eCa
          Regards,
          Natural Garden
          eCa

Comment

Ok, now I get it. It depends on what reflector you will use, but I would suggest low end HPS. I was using Lumatek, but all the rest companies I think has the same so no big difference.. please note that there will be a lot of heat using both of lights

Regards,
            Natural Garden
            eCa
            Regards,
            Natural Garden
            eCa

Comment

Thank u eca that really helps thank you

Comment

Just get a cool tube mine keeps my 2 foot by 4 foot space cool when running a 600 watt bulb 24/7 DAY 57! Christmas IN MARCH? WHY NOT?
                Attached Files

Comment

• eCa
                  eCa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cooltube + extract fan! without it won't get any results I think

Originally posted by Beach_Town_Brit View Post
                I've used CFLs and LEDs thus far and I'm happy with those solutions. One thing I notice in the typical HPS vs. LED online debate is that no-one ever seems to account for HPS bulb replacement when comparing the two techs.
                REPLACEMENT MH AND HPS BULBS ARE EASY TO EXPLAIN, Simply screw a new bulb in the socket every 3 grows. THIS IS TECNOLGEY THAT WORKS

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
                  Beach_Town_Brit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was thinking more along the lines of cost comparisons. This said, in my book "do nothing" always wins over "do something" as long as the result is the same : )

The problem with comparing LED lights to a HPS lights using wattage draw as the measurement is that LED lights have huge difference in quality from one manufacture to another.

Better built LED light will use more efficient LEDs and drivers so more of the power is used for producing light and less power wasted in the form of heat.
                Also there are differences in the number of light bands that different LED lights produce, anywhere from a 3 to 12 band spectrum. Some brands even have UV and IR.

So comparing any LED light whether low end or top of the line to a HPS light will only tell you how that LED light compares, not how all LED lights using 600 watts compare.

Comment

Originally posted by fozzy View Post
                  Good question! I have once wondered that same thing. I really want to know what the difference is between HPS and LED's. And even different qualities of LED's
                  Your quote romans 10:9*10 is wrong, check it out! Unless that wasn't a quote and I got it wrong, if so, nevermind!
                  Last edited by Sonnyhad; 02-26-2017, 08:28 AM.
                  Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• fozzy
                    fozzy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol that's not a quote... I guess I should have put more spaces in those 2...thanks for letting me know that's what people might think!

Hey Tyler dunno if it's too late but I found this review of lec315 by someone who writes better than I do!😅
                  x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

That's a really good read luckyacres. My question is the 315lec if it opnly produces 315wats how strong is it really for growing plants would u have to buy 3 lecs to grow in a 5x5 space?

Comment

• LuckyAcres
                      LuckyAcres commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just started a side by side, 2 leds 1200w each and 1 brand new lec 315 in between them, 5x7 scrog. Lec came in about 2 weeks into flower to replace a t5 bay and despite late start it's already hard to tell the difference. Will continue reporting on this page if you don't mind, looks like a good place. Check out green75 lec journal, he's the lec og around here! My grow shop owner swears by them too ...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X