Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90Gizmo
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks AGH. I'm hoping for the big yield too. Last grow I did an early defoliation that was much less work and had good yield too. I'll do another try at that after this grow and compare notes.

• AGH
    commented on 's reply
    Looking nice and green and healthy! Training to keep all the sites exposed to light is gonna make a big difference in your yields!

• 90Gizmo
    replied
    Days 27, 28 - what a difference a day makes. Yesterday I couldn't really get a hold on the new stalks. Today they are tall enough that I can start pushing them away from center. Secondary stems are pretty much sorted to one side or the other. Flower sites are forming. Training the first five nodes will just be gently guiding them away from each other. Training the taller part of the main stalk from here on will be mostly repeating what I did for the lower nodes.
    Yesterday.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230317_102110~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.47 MB ID:	591574
    Today.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230318_103146~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.58 MB ID:	591575
    I've reduced the light intensity about 10%. As suggested, the DLI was a little bit high. Thanks for the suggestion! People following please remember I'm a newbie. If it sounds like I know what I'm doing that's just words not experience.
    Last edited by 90Gizmo; 03-18-2023, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 90Gizmo
    commented on 's reply
    changeofpace2014 - thank you. I'm not experienced enough to know what's the best internodal spacing but I understand the instructions to reduce the lighting.

• changeofpace2014
    commented on 's reply
    you could raise the light a bit and help them stretch to your ideal..then lower the lights back down...I think my lst was helped by the strong light being really close...

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    You and Farmbuck with them sticks LOL she doesn't seem to mind it so far.

• 90Gizmo
    replied
    Day 26 (since dropped in water, 22 since sprout) - secondary stalks are getting leafy but are still tender and I'd like them to get taller before I spread them too much. I've added a thicker stick to support the main stalk as it goes up and over the edge of the container.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230316_104615~2.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	591446

Leave a comment:

• 90Gizmo
    replied
    Day 24 - Main stalk is getting too thick for wire hooks so I have switched to kabob skewers. I am also starting to spread the secondary stalks. Now at 450 par for 30 dli.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230314_141110434.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.61 MB ID:	591294
    Last edited by 90Gizmo; 03-14-2023, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 90Gizmo
    commented on 's reply
    I'm concerned. Am wondering if that section of stalk will root on the bottom side. I'll prune fan leaves 1-3 once there's enough other green. But now that you mention it I think I'll prop the them up a little bit until then. Node 5 and beyond will angle up in the air to keep them on an even height with the older growth.

• AGH
    replied
    Nice tight node spacing! Looks like a happy healthy plant!

With it being trained so close to the soil, are you concerned that the leaves will stay too moist after watering or that you'll run into any issues with condensation/moisture?

Leave a comment:

• 90Gizmo
    replied
    Day 22 - I think this one is going to be a stinky one. There are five nodes and it's starting to grow quickly. I continue to tuck fan leaves away from the center. Lighting is around 30 DIL ... about 60% for 18 hours.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230312_194315249~2.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	591172 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230312_194453818~2.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	591173
    If it were topped at this point there would be an eight stem manifold but I will let the top continue to grow and the plant will have as many nodes as it wants to grow. I think I'll be able to start spreading stalks at the first node RSN.

Leave a comment:

• changeofpace2014
    commented on 's reply
    your on the way now...;;looks good

• Blowdout2269
    replied
    Loving the LST pics 90Gizmo! I got some sweet training images to share on my thread soon.
    Check it out. 😉
    Beautiful grow AGH. 👍

Leave a comment:

• 90Gizmo
    replied
    Day 20 - I did a little twist on the second node this morning mostly just fidgeting. I can see the fourth node spacing out from the third. It should be ready for a tug downward tomorrow. I read a recent post asking if 5 nodes was too soon to start LST. Definitely not! Might be there's no point starting as soon as I did but I think it helps to get as much light as possible to the lower nodes as soon as possible.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230310_082001~3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	231.3 KB ID:	590885

Leave a comment:

• 90Gizmo
    commented on 's reply
    That's a beautiful grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X