Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90Gizmo
    replied
    Harvest. Dry. Dry trim. Weigh. Into the bags. 108 grams including 10g of sugar leaves. 3.8 ounce. .6g/watt. .75 ounce/gallon container.

Leave a comment:

• 90Gizmo
    commented on 's reply
    After a 30 year break I'm barely past the "oh wow I'm stoned" experience level. But I'd definitely like some hold-on-to-the-couch-because-it's-spinning-too-fast weed too.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    WoW you are in for a treat i love the color. Hope you feel better real soon. Couple draws on those buds i'd be night night sweet dreams.

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    Looks tasty

• 90Gizmo
    commented on 's reply
    LOL. Well, I'm thinking its nearly done. The catalog says 74 to 84 days so it's about time. I am providing end of life care. The watering was a first flush.

• PRIMO
    replied
    Sometimes the trichs. don't turn to amber. Also, here's a solution to your Co2 problem. See? no problem. Click image for larger version

Name:	A-Public-Transportation-Photos-11.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	595685

Leave a comment:

• 90Gizmo
    replied
    Day 82 - I was unable to tend the plant for several days but I am back. Dumped a gallon of pHed water on it last night and was greeted by a pleasant aroma this morning. Very little green left in the leaves but the buds look good.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230511_092112.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.01 MB ID:	595679 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230511_093231.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.39 MB ID:	595680 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230511_092135.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.46 MB ID:	595678

Leave a comment:

• 90Gizmo
    commented on 's reply
    In hindsight I think you were right as the first two node show stunted growth. As an experiment I see if I can still bend the stalk early if don't twist the leaves. I'll try that on a future grow.

• 90Gizmo
    commented on 's reply
    Bluey I like the way you think. I remember I wanted to silver my own telescope mirror. My reference book was full of explosion and blown out walls. That convinced me and I sent the mirror to a commercial service.
    Last edited by 90Gizmo; 05-05-2023, 03:43 PM.

• Bluey
    commented on 's reply
    re the CO² thing. I've looked right into this as I have a reasonably well sealed room with really good Climate control. I have 2 full CO² bottles I picked up for nothing also.

The cost v's return/benefit with safety considerations and required climate control put me off.

You need a good controller and reg. If it's in your house and something goes wrong..well. The units that use LPG/Propane/Butane are extremely dangerous..unbelievably dangerous, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT THESE!

You need to run daytime temps at over 32⁰C from memory. You'll need 50% stronger light. You need an extremely well sealed room. The best you can hope for is a 20% greater return. It will reduce the frequency of and/or eliminate some pests and diseases...

So add the cost of electricity for the 50% more light, adjust for maintaining higher temp environment, say 15% higher yield, throw in the cost of decent regulator and controller and a decent safety management plan to cover all the above and the risks associated with managing and containing a 3 to 7 times higher CO² environment and not worth it IMHO SoOrbudgal & 90Gizmo

• 90Gizmo
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal re the co2: I'm in the thinking about it stage. Inevitably I get to the obsessed about it stage where the only way to stop it is to buy the d@mn thing. But probably not until next fall. My fans run/ran very little in the winter so I think I can keep CO2 in the tent but they run all the time in the summer because I'm cheap with the air conditioner. You have to have climate control to use co2 and I'm glad I do. I had some 24 hour bug thing and could barely walk to the bathroom no way I was walking upstairs to the grow room. I wasn't worried about the established plant but I couldn't mist the seedlings. But they are temperature and humidity controlled and were fine this morning. I have a camera in the grow tent but not the seedling and drying tent. Next Gizmo to do. BTW from your post in show your grow: We are the same age give or take my September birthday.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Good attitude about these autos. Yes i find they have a place during my bored winter. My outdoor from last season is in low supply it's been long time to grow photos indoors thought i'd make it with 4 autos till another run but nope going to run out before next 2 are done. It just takes more plants to last me an friends. And a slight enviornment issue also wreaks my yield.

• 90Gizmo
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal I think you have more light than I do. That's a 230 watt light at 18". In the past I've run it at 80% for veg and flower. But I've upped it to 90% for now. I see little brown leaf tips in my pictures too. Not too bad. It's one reason I like pictures - I see more stuff, particularly small stuff, than I do looking at the plant alone. I wish I knew why the first and second nodes produced short branches. Last grow they were the tallest. I cut two of the smaller colas a week ago to make more room. I could have taken more but didn't think what was left was blocking anything so I left them to mature more. I can see that this isn't going to be a record breaking yield so I'm hoping for potency. Having vaped the stuff I cut a week ago I think it will be okay.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    We are just a few days apart on our auto grow Gizmo. I'm only at 75% with my lights. Your's beats my 2 autos by 3" in height and i only have 6 cola branches on each plant. I don't use C02 stuff LOL just ambiant air flow an a fan. Mine are 20" from the light. I'm giving mine till this coming weekend check an hopefully chop. P.S. my leaves are green on my strain with abit of brown crispy tips LOL yours looks great.

• 90Gizmo
    commented on 's reply
    Bullseye! Thanks a lot Bluey. I'm running at the same lights I've done for my previous grows. I did have it turned up a few days ago having read of higher DLIs helping at the end of the grow. But I turned it back down because I'd lost my nerve. I was conservative toward change because I have just one plant in this grow. But I thought it might do better with more light too. In fact, I have a controlled CO2 regulator on my Amazon cart just haven't justified the cost. Thought I already have a nearly full CO2 cylinder on the counter from making my own soda. Currently my tent exhaust is only running about 10 seconds every 7 minutes so I think I have good control of the environment. I think it's doable but I'm already growing more than I can use so I'm leaning to learn to grow better before I work on more. But the geek in me won't let the CO2 go.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X