Feb 2023 Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feb 2023 Grow

Day 2 for the Afghan auto in the fabric pot. The GSC and Pineapple Chunk sprouted today. Growing them under 2 ES180’s in AutoPots. Currently under 200w T5’s. I’ll put the Afghan in its own tent to finish once the other two get big. I thought about growing two autos but I’m trying to scale down my grows
    Attached Files

Hey bboyfromwayback you know Imma pay attention to your autopot grow. Those things are the bomb. I have some Pineapple Chunk seeds that I've had a good while. It'll be good to see how your grow goes.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man! My last Pineapple Chunk was flowered during the winter, the buds ended up Purple and Pink. It’ll be warmer by the time this one flowers so I’m interested in seeing the difference

Will also be following along! 🙂✌
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Week 1 is over, starting to see daily growth and all 3 plants are happy. I’m running low on Chocolope so I decided to add one to the mix. Just dropped that seed

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome I grew that chocolope 1x several years back think it was a freebie i choose LOL don't remember it at all musta been OK for me LOL.

Week 2 in the books, seeing daily growth so I removed the T5 and have them under two ES180’s at 50%. Started training the first set of colas on the Afghan auto

The Chocolope has taken longer than expected to sprout (as always with the strain) I moved some soil to check things out and she’s close to surfacing

Comment

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that 5 nodes? Do you normally wait for five before training?

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        I gently pin the colas down to grow out wide once they’re long enough. I’m calling that node 1 because I’ll eventually remove all growth below it. The first set of colas never seem to amount to anything so I’ll remove them when I top the plant. Plan is to have 8 main colas spread out wide. That’s worked fairly well on my last few autos

90Gizmo here’s some better pics. The two bottom colas have grow out a couple inches already. As they grow I move the pins further out until they reach the edge of the pot the I can use safety pins and plant ties. The two above it are just big enough to start bending them down. If done properly it’s completely stress free and doesn’t halt any growth

Comment

End of week 3. I topped the Afghan auto. I’ll get her on the Autopot system in a couple days. She should start preflowering any day now.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
          90Gizmo commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm interested in following an Autopot grow. It seems at odds with the advice to never let plants sit in water. My experience is that often two sides of a story can both be truth if you have a deeper understanding but I don't have that yet.

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          I’ve been using AutoPots a little over a year now. The plants love the system plus it makes watering super simple. Once all the plants are on the reservoir I’ll only mess with water and nutes once a week and no more lifting pots to see if they need watered, After week two of flowering, other than filling the reservoir every Sunday it’s cruise control until harvest. Plants do their thing, I just peak in once a day to make sure everything is running properly

Lookin' good BBFWB! I don't think I have the patience or the skill to do the manifold, yet. Here's my girls...from seed 2/1, final home 2/12, Turned on the AP's 2-21, flipping today to the 12/12. Temps 78-80, RH 67-70% day 50% night. They've got some light burn. I'm on my third grow with this light, still learning it. I blasted them with nutrients and caused some nute issues, and I forgot to add Wilt-gard for a few days, (gardening while stoned) so the girls are a little droopy.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

The Afghan auto is in preflower and on the reservoir. I removed the 4 biggest fan leaves to allow more light to the lower growth.

Have some type of a mutant Chocolope sprout. It’s barely grown in 2wks so I popped another seed. I love the smoke but haven’t had good luck with the strains seeds. Will likely grow a Chocolope mother plant eventually

Comment

• golfnrl
            golfnrl commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder where these strain names come from? Chocolope? How cool is that? Was someone eating chocolate and lookin at their jackalope or what?

• bboyfromwayback
            Editing a comment
            Good question, there’s some crazy names out there for sure. Chocolope definitely has a chocolate taste. Pairs really well with coffee

Today is week 5 day 1 for the Afghan auto. The GSC and Pineapple Chunk are starting to reach the edges of their pots. The Chocolope is alive. The second Chocolope seed didn’t sprout 😤

Comment

Cant remember...you're in coco/perilite on those autopots, right? Not soil.
            Back to playin in the dirt!
            Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
            I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              Yep! I mixed up some coco and perlite in a big tote last year. After each grow I pull all the plant matter out, rinse the medium real good then reuse it.

Did some thinning out this morning on the Afghan auto and we’re starting to get that level canopy. This girl should produce

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I really like your manifolds. I topped at the 4th and did a hard LST again on my 2 newer autos. I really just want to manifold and not LST but i'm like on auto pilot when i train it's bent over before i remember not to damnit. I'm gonna do 1 photo and just try your manifold

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              My last few autos I’ve grown out 8 main colas and keep them spread out as possible as they grow. Each one will have a few side branches off of them as well. These plants mature so fast they don’t leave many options. I’ll keep the photos 4 way’d until I put them under screens

A couple colas have already grown past the edge of the pot so I added a 18” board. Hopefully there will be a noticeable difference in a few days

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              How clever you are. Looking real healthy and great color

Took a pic to show the growth in 2 days after opening the auto up a little wider. She’s getting big!

Did some LST on the photos. Pretty soon they’ll be trained and on the reservoir. After that I can go back to growing weed one day a week again 👍🏻

Comment

As week 5 for this grow comes to an end I did some cleaning up and thinning out today. The photos are big enough now that I removed all the big fan leaves and downward growth so all the energy goes where it’ll matter later and them little colas can grow big. Everything is getting good light now 👍🏻

I’ve been removing big fan leaves off the auto every 2-3 days as needed. The leaves on this plant are really big for an auto flower

The Chocolope is slowly starting to grow. Other than the first node her growth is normal looking now. Hopefully she gets it moving soon

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X