No announcement yet.

Feb 2023 Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginning of week 7. Starting to bc see some flower development on the Afghan auto. The Pineapple Chunk is getting big. The GSC growth has been a little slower

Comment

You’ve adapted well my friend. Your grows are still da bomb! 🫶🏽 all my best.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks buddy, I’m getting there 😉

The Afghan is no longer stretching so I went ahead and trimmed her up, tamed to a nice level surface.

Continuing to keep the photos growing wide and flat throughout veg. The Chocolope and Dos Si Dos were transplanted to 3 gallon pots since they won’t get a long veg before flower. Oh yea, I popped a Dos Si Dos as well when I thought the Chocolope wasn’t going to sprout

Comment

Week 9 and the Afghan is starting to fill in and fatten up. I’ll be thinning her out some this week

Comment

I went out of town fishing for a week and the Pineapple Chunk had a growth spurt. I went ahead and tamed the photos down and got them ready to flower by removing all downward growth, placing them under 21”x22” screens then removing any big leaves that were blocking light. The Pineapple Chunk screen is already full, the GSC should fill hers in a week or two. Timer set to 12/12, lights 30” above canopy at about 60%.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            So did ya wake up wondering how the plants were doing being away? I can't sleep well after 3days away i think something goes wrong but it hasn't yet an hopefully won't. I sure like seeing the growth though at certain stages they really show it.

• bboyfromwayback
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! I’m trying to do better with the pics , sometimes I forget to I get in there and do what’s needed then remember pics lol

The AutoPots give me freedom to leave my grow unattended for about 10 days if needed. It didn’t do any good for the two babies forgot to hand water before leaving though 😬

I’ve been seeing a lot of post recently from new growers who seem to be hesitant on plant training. I took a pic to show the benefits. I grew out 8 main colas on this auto off the main stem and trained them to grow outward, not upward, from the start.

Fast forward to today, we’re about mid ways through flower and if you spin this plant around it has 8 chunky buds forming on the end of each main cola along with 2-4 side branches growing off each one to fill in the center of the plant.

Not only does this increase yield but it improves the overall quality of the bud produced. There won’t be any immature popcorn buds at the base of this plant

Comment

I started tucking stems under the screen and redirecting some then remembered to take before pics. I’ll probably do this one more time to the Pineapple Chunk in a few days then let everything grow upwards. The GSC still needs to stretch a bit more

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh man it's been a long time since i had a crowded tent and great technique on the training really alot of effort goes into doing so. I know you enjoy it so do i too much alot of times so hard to keep my hands off my scissors. I've tucked but i usually decide to clip days later. I just don't like to fiddle with nets. I gotta pull the pots out and give them each one on one attention. I so glad that watering system gives you relax time.

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              This 4x4 is a shorty. A regular sized tent is too tall for my basement so I’ll be growing all big strains under a screen now. Thankfully with this setup I can pull each plant out individually

It’s the beginning of week 10 for the Afghan auto and some pistols are starting to get a little color. I removed any big ‘inward’ growing leaves that were shading bud sites. She smells really sweet.

Seeing the first signs of flower on the photos. Went ahead and tucked the Pineapple Chunk down again.

Comment

The Chocolope mutant has been growing really slowly so I decided to manifold the Dos Si Dos to slow it down some for now and moved them into a 2x4 tent to veg a while

Check out the twisted growth on the Chocolope. This strain usually grows fast and gets big but this plants stems are naturally twisting as it grows. Crazy

Comment

The Pineapple Chunk could have used a bigger screen. I’ll pull her out of the tent this weekend and get her thinned out a little, no more tucking though

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't understand why on some pics i can view the big pic when i click and i can't on others like yours on this post, not all but some. Anyway.........hell of a scrog picture perfect. In your case with so many bud sites i would care if i broke of 1 or 2 bringing her out and getting her to the hair dresser.

• bboyfromwayback
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m not sure either, I post all of the pics the same way. It definitely wouldn’t hurt to loose a few. Those colas in the back over grew the screen and got hard while I was out of town. They’re already 6” above the others lol

Pineapple Chunk before and after pics. Got her cleaned up underneath. Did some rearranging and selective thinning out. Should get a nice yield off this girl

Comment

GSC before and after. This plant isn’t nearly as big as the Pineapple Chunk

Comment

The Afghan auto is starting to get chunky.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Man oh man you just floor me with you mainlines they are things of beauty.

• Ckbrew
                      Ckbrew commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You mainlined autos? Nice.

• bboyfromwayback
                      Editing a comment
                      I didn’t mainline this one but it turned out to look like it. I topped it above the 5th node then removed all the growth from node 1. I started pulling the colas down low to grow outwards when they were about 1/2” long. Maintained a pretty level canopy on this one. The tabletop really helps grow the taller colas really wide

Retucked the GSC one more time. She almost filled the screen. Flowers are starting to develop so I’ll leave her be now.

The Pineapple Chunk is a beast of a plant

Comment

I’m going to make room in the flower tent for the Dos Si Dos soon. Nice looking mainline going on her and all colas 3-4” long

This Chocolope mutant is really compact with a lot of bud sites. Going to let her veg until the auto is finished

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X