Tower Fan For A 2 x 2 x 5' Tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Fan For A 2 x 2 x 5' Tent?

Northern Lights Auto, in a 15" DWC bucket. My main concern is not blowing the plant against the other side of the tent.

Equally; Could one of these '13", Desk Top' ones do much more than blow out a close candle?

I really know jack, so any insights would be a bonus.

Thanks
    Older bloke. Eire. Chatty as all fuck.

Gearing up to grow Northern Lights Auto by DWC + Dribbler, with a " Spider Farmer Grow Tent Kit Complete SF-1000 Dimmable Full Spectrum LED Grow Light Samsung Diodes 27" X 27" X 62"Growing Tent 4 Inch Fan Filter Combo " from Amazon.​

Never point your fan directly at the plants in a small enclosed space. Point it at a wall, as to bounce to wind into the plant. 👍
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

I put a tower fan in a 2x4 tent and it was too much even on the lowest setting. Thought it would be good but it wasn't. I use a small desktop oscillating fan pointing away from the plants. But oscillating fans take a lot of space you might not have... One of those fans that clip on top the poles might do the trick.
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Originally posted by Blowdout2269 View Post
        Never point your fan directly at the plants in a small enclosed space. Point it at a wall, as to bounce to wind into the plant. 👍
        Damn! That's the tricks of the trade I need! Nice one! (Er. We haven't got a 'Thumbs up' smiley in here. Ye phone, I'd believe? Anyway: 'Thumbs Up'! Thanks!)

Gearing up to grow Northern Lights Auto by DWC + Dribbler, with a " Spider Farmer Grow Tent Kit Complete SF-1000 Dimmable Full Spectrum LED Grow Light Samsung Diodes 27" X 27" X 62"Growing Tent 4 Inch Fan Filter Combo " from Amazon.​

Comment

Originally posted by 90Gizmo View Post
          One of those fans that clip on top the poles might do the trick.
          Ah! Now, here we hit the meat of the thing, see? Just like absolutely Anyone, starting out, I was biding my time before ticking, like ' 7", Clip On Fan. £17.00 on Amazon.' off my list.

Job done!, I thought. Until the Green (Haired) Goddess pointed out; 'Have you Any Idea how much juice those sukkas can suck?!'

Yeah. I just edited that 'next' bit. I was gonna mention what's going on with electric bills, here in Eire. Perhaps much of Europe? Dunno. But, ..... Yeah.

Seems ye get more push for ye bush and bang for ye buck, using a tower.

So, now, I perceive the question narrows down to a possible compromise then. Tower too strong. Clip on too juicy. How about a compromise? ..... (Purely a random example. Grabbed on sight. Didn't even read the details. But ...)

That sort of thing? I mean, " Desk Top "? Can't be so powerful it's blowing ye papers everywhere, can it? Wondering if That could live with my precious plant?

Fact is, I can't be the First disciple to have trod this path, surely? Someone out there must have bought my same 'kit' (It comes without a plant fan). Then, read Gweezys 'Fans' piece and .....

We Need that soldier!

Comment

You only need a fan capable of sufficiently moving the air around in the tent to prevent condensation on/between leaves. As long as you have fresh air input and an exhaust output almost any small fan will do. I use a six inch low speed equipment fan that cost about $12. I have a 30"x30"x60" tent. The idea that weed is wind pollinated so it needs a breeze to grow well is incorrect and illogical. You are not pollinating anything. All you require is something that will prevent the air from stagnating.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Originally posted by OldManGrower View Post
              You only need a fan capable of sufficiently moving the air around in the tent to prevent condensation on/between leaves ..... something that will prevent the air from stagnating.
              Excellent! And, the less juicy, the better. Now the Dog can see the rabbit!

So: If I get a little 'Desk Top' ~ obviously, I'm about to rush back to Amazon and scour such for their Wattages ~ I could, quite likely, set it facing into a corner. And the turbulence that alone should kick back, especially given that there'll soon be a bush in there, reducing even further the air volume that needs shifting ... Chicken dinner?

Remember: It's All about the Watts, with me. The Green One tells us this. No skin off my nose if I'm paying 17 or 70 for the fan. It's the absolutely unimaginable stuff the 'wrong' one could do to my electric bill.

Incidentally; I read ye sig. Northern Lights and this 'Gorilla Glue'? I could go to my fridge, get my camera out, etc. Too much faff. Suffice to say: This Very Afternoon, I put my Own NL and GG seeds away!!! Courtesy of The Vault, as Also recommended by Gweezy!

See? Boss Lady say? This monkey do. I'm just needing to tweak the basics to my particular situation.

Comment

I always keep an eye on my power consumption aswell.
                But fans are the least of your concern. Even the large desktop fans rarely consume more than 20 watts .
                Back to playin in the dirt!
                Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
                I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	588522

17 Watts. One year warranty.

And, yeah; Heat is my next hurdle. I'm waiting for it to get less brassic, here. And, I have this vague notion about insulating the tent.

Couple more things to sort out and buy, yet. But, some sort of tiny heat source and a thermostat are definitely in my peripheral.

Absolutely wide open to suggestions and tips. Though, I'll also be posting another thread about my crackpot scheme regarding these insulation boards I've accrued .....

Comment

• AGH
                    AGH commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Have you checked to see what the temperature is inside your tent with lights on? Not sure how chilly it is where you are growing, but my lights (2 Electric Sky 180v3s) at about 55% power keep my tent at a comfortable 72 degrees F which is right where I want it. I grow in my unfinished basement in a 178 year old house so it can get pretty cool down there. To be fair, I have a small heater (outside the tent) that runs on low when necessary. But if you haven't, see what the temp will be with lights on to see if you even need any insulation, heat source, etc.

Hang on!!! How come it says " AGH commented " and there's none of the usual, 'Quote etc. along the bottom? I've never worked a forum format quite like this before

Anyway; Yeppers. Thing is, Agh, I'm in Eire and live in a stone built cottage. Now, this place probably runs very close to a basement such as yours. I have these eighteen inch thick walls and a thatched roof? So, glancing up at my thermometer? I'm sitting here at 62F

But, this is my living room I have a bloody great, open tank of water in here which is heated to 70F. I'm sure that must make at least a slight difference? Where as the room I'll pitch my tent in is well away from this one. Completely uninhabited and, frankly? Very probably *Bloody* cold!

Conversely though; These walls keep the heat out on our " Summer Day ". 78F outside? Lucky to get 68F in.

Either way, my cunning plan is to see if I can't bang out Two Northern Lights, one after the other, before the winter cold shuts me down again.

Past experience in other things has taught me that even a 60 Watt light bulb used to generate some fierce heat, if properly contained. (Incandescent's, anyway) And I know my way around decent thermostats too. Keeping creatures, see? So, I'm sort of looking at treating the tent much like I would a tank with a warmth needing creature in it. And, I've long since found; A bit of insulation can Really hold that warmth in.

Trouble is, of course; My LED's won't really generate shit, by way of heat. An HID would. But, Christ! The Wattage on Those things! :O So, yeah: Foam insulation boards it'll be. I can easily set up a thermostatic probe inside the tent, with the control outside. See how I get on. Then get cracking with a seed.

Thanks, by the way. Sorry I can't give ye an official 'Like'.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                    90Gizmo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool house. I guarantee that a 60 watt old-school light bulb and a 60 LED generate the same heat... like about 60 Watts worth.

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    90Gizmo but a 60w LED will produce far more usable light than a 60w old skool globe

• OldManGrower
                    OldManGrower commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have a very small electric heater such as one would use in an office for desktop or under desk placement. Attached it to an aquarium heater control and thermostat and it works fabulously.

You're definitely thinking through everything before you get started and that's great! Often problems happen when things aren't thought through so you're a step ahead of most!

Keep us posted with how the set-up goes along!
                  Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
                  Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

*Thank you!* I know a lot of people would sooner have posted, " For god sake stop rabbiting! "

Comment

90Gizmo slipped in, unnoticed: " I guarantee that a 60 watt old-school light bulb and a 60 LED generate the same heat... like about 60 Watts worth. "

Really?! (Have I listed my 'kit', on here, yet? Can't remember. I get about and am doing the Chinese Plate Spinner routine as it is)

Once I get my head better around what I'm doing here, I'll ~ believe it or not! ~ actually Open the bloody box, from Amazon, I have sat in my kitchen! Set it all up and do some dry run testing.

Rate I'm going, I'll have spent an absolute fortune. Will be Just ready to harvest my first perfect plant ..... Then the fucking door'll come in and I'll end up in The Joy, just in time for them to Legalise it for medical cases! (Hollowly 'LMFAO')

Be just my luck, that. Because I *AM* a 110% Genuine medical case. Cannabis has proven the only hope I have. And my GP is 1000% behind me!

Not actually certain of the SOP. But, I *Think* they're supposed to be legalising it later this year?

Comment

• Puglover1
                        Puglover1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi, I don't know what lights you got but my first LED lights were hot. Would USB powered fans require less energy usage?

Pugger; Mine's an SF1000 Dimmable Full Spectrum LED, according to Amazon. Thought I'd shown the page? Maybe that was somewhere else? Bought a 'kit', see?

Fan arrived today! Straight in the back room. My collection of 'Bits' is growing. USB? Saw a lot of those! No USB's in that room though. One I've got, I got after a Lot of 'comparing' and searching out the sneaky little details. I hope I did alright

Oh! I put a min / max thermometer in there, last night. *Think* I remember it was at 50F, today? Still bloody cold here yet though, anyway. Colder end of the country.

I'll be formulating my questions for a new thread, presently. Have a couple of things in mind. Just waiting on an emailed answer.

Of course, I'm going to field trial the whole shebang, well before I let a seed near it. Only, right now, it'd be a waste of time and electricity Because it's brassic. I don't intend trying anything till shit warms up here. No point trying to see if it can get up to temp, when I'd be asking it for ten more degrees than I intend to use it in.

Anyway; Tons more money to throw at the whole idea yet

Comment

OMG ~ If ye ever find this? Never encountered a forum of this format before. Totally confusing

Would ye have a link to, or at least a brand name for that heater, please? I do like a good recommendation from someone who's put a thing through its paces.

Thanks.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X