No announcement yet.

2 plants one container

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bingo!! I’m so short sighted. I don’t even really “need” a tent for a mother or two, right? I could put them in a closet or really just have a 2x2 short here in a few days. I have the HLG 65, and really just need airflow, right? I know it’s strain dependent (probably like my set it and forget it outdoor friends). They all had problems this past summer too so I give myself a little break for what happened in my yard. But they will have just a slight sweet odor, right?

I only ended up with one GSC so I’ll keep her a bit and run a clone next time (once someone teaches me, so maybe not exactly next time). Along with 1 each of the other two strains. What in my head was a problem, is solved. It would have taken me a long time to figure out I don’t “have” to flip them, and in my rookie mistakes have extra stuff. Hahaha.

I’m in the capital region of NY. 15 miles west of Albany, bordering MA & VT. I can drive over the border and buy seeds, the “weed formula” soil etc. But we had a really bad summer. Wet, super hot and humid. In the high 80-90% most of it. Temps in the 90’s. A lot of crops had problems. We have a bunch of energy competitors and pay a much lower rate than from the main power co, although that’s where it comes from so I don’t really understand it but not my department. I know you are right and they will rise but I believe it’s a contract every two years. This is also why I want, or need to figure out hanging distances and power levels to give them what they need. I’m winging it right now. I know what it puts out at distance, but at 100%. Why run it full if not needed?

Thanks for coming back to this. You sorted me out ✌️❤️🎼
    Last edited by GD69; 12-05-2021, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Odor can vary from inside to outside, soil/media, etc. I grew a Greasy Grapes inside very nice, outside it produced well but did not have the same smell or flavor. I see that with many plants.
      As I understand it the best time for mothers is 8/4/8/4, you dont want them to grow to fast. You could take a cutting from the GSC to make a mother (if you want more to deal with LOL), I use fresh aloe for cloning gel, and straight into soil.
      I had issues as well, mainly bugs, hemp borers mostly, I burned all limbs, stumps and etc. from the plants to help with next year.
      I run my LED 100% from sprout, the LEDs may last longer at less power IDK.

Comment

I think I can hold off on the GSC for a bit. I do have 2 more of those seeds as well. Although they may be hit or miss like these 3 were. They don’t seem very strong. Everything else went like clockwork (so, I’m really just guessing of course). I can and will eventually just experiment on my own for the cloning. We both know it can be done. I need some more confidence first. I’m still seat of my pants riding the edge. I didn’t know that about the light schedule for them and would have done too much. I’ll pull 2 out and still run an extra in a small pot. The HLG will do a 2x2 space so I’ll have to keep it tight. Should they be 8/4 8/4 starting now? I’ll get it done outside the tent until one gets here.

I could run the light 100% but I have this controller full dimming for a reason. If I don’t need 600w 18 hours a day the whole way I’d rather do that. They seem ok again today. I may just accidentally doing ok with it. 🤞

soil is driving me nuts though and is another example of a great idea, just maybe for someone with more exp. It’s been 6 days since transplant and they don’t need water. They did get too much but are really at a perfect level right now. When it is time, while still damp but nowhere near dry, I have to slowly add 5% of the pot volume. lol. Preferably with a wetting agent. We’re taking 19oz tops. How am I going to do that evenly? It’s too little for the sprayer. I have a fine mister for chalk painting but that would take an hour to give. lol. Especially half at a time.

Am I having fun yet with this new hobby that will be good for me? 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by GD69; 12-05-2021, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I like to use "Voodoo Juice" when I transplant, it helps with root growth.
          Before they get to large to manage, adjust the light time and use a low power light, no need for intense lights on a mother. Just keep it alive and happy until ready to take some cuttings, then turn the light power up so it grows.
          19oz tops wow! keeping things even can be a task.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
            I like to use "Voodoo Juice" when I transplant, it helps with root growth.
            Before they get to large to manage, adjust the light time and use a low power light, no need for intense lights on a mother. Just keep it alive and happy until ready to take some cuttings, then turn the light power up so it grows.
            19oz tops wow! keeping things even can be a task.
            Thanks again. I’m really gaining a better idea of how to handle the situation and am less stressed. Today we have a new problem that just shows again I didn’t learn enough or think it through. The soils couldn’t be more different. Happy frog and the living. The living is perfectly moist. The Happy frog in solo cup shape is dry. It was time for lights out. I don’t know that it matters so much at this stage but it’s rest. I’m going to wait to water till just before they come up. And only the center and see what happens. Hopefully I can get it sorted. Will start next time in a lighter formula of the living soil for consistency. So dumb.

Comment

In living soil that’s the best thing you can do specially in 30 gallon pots you can go 3 plants even 4 I believe. Only thing is the more the faster you have to flip to flower which is good cus you get to harvest quicker. Go to YouTube and look up Buildasoil, Jeremy the owner makes videos and he grows in 30 gallon pots 3 I believe in a 4x4 space and he shows you exactly what he uses how and why. This way of growing is not like with bottled nutrients which I believe makes it harder to grow multiple plants in one pot. This is the true way to grow weed easy in my opinion. Go check it out all your questions will be answered by someone who has successfully done what you are trying to do

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                In living soil that’s the best thing you can do specially in 30 gallon pots you can go 3 plants even 4 I believe. Only thing is the more the faster you have to flip to flower which is good cus you get to harvest quicker. Go to YouTube and look up Buildasoil, Jeremy the owner makes videos and he grows in 30 gallon pots 3 I believe in a 4x4 space and he shows you exactly what he uses how and why. This way of growing is not like with bottled nutrients which I believe makes it harder to grow multiple plants in one pot. This is the true way to grow weed easy in my opinion. Go check it out all your questions will be answered by someone who has successfully done what you are trying to do
                Thanks so much. I really wish I had found them and him before I picked a soil. A friend (guy who gave me clones in summer) just bought property near me, is starting a tree farm and building a house. He was having tons of soil delivered and said what I need wouldn’t even be noticed missing etc. So, I looked up the Company. Vermont Compost Co. Being the hippie I’ve always been, I fell in love with the farm, process and history. Then I saw the “Jolly Roger” formula, specific for marijuana (Vermont) and the rest is semi sad history. It’s not the soil though. It’s me. To be honest, even having not seen, touched etc, I don’t regret the brand. I’m not going to replace hundreds of dolllars in soil either. Well, I couldn’t either way. This farm is not Build A Soil though and you aren’t going to get all that great advice, amendment ideas and products (they do have a recharge). Certainly not the hours of free YouTube knowledge. I watched two 10 episode series over night two nights in a row…barely any sleep. Which is why I need to watch them again, and the tons of others. I was stoned and tired and also checking phone etc. I missed some stuff, but I also ordered some stuff.

I agonized over everything. Products, seeds or clones, flipped out while seeds were soaking, thought I’d never make it happen and almost drove 3 hours for clones out the back of a dispensary. I read and watched. I went slowly so I’d have a better chance. 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I don’t know anything. I’m stressed. I’m tired. My body is aching because the tent is upstairs and I’ve had 4 back surgeries and a bunch of metal. That’s actually the first mistake. I need to change the story. That thing is coming downstairs to my bedroom. Who needs a dresser and the bed in the middle? Weirdos.

I can get this far and I have learned some things…

Comment

Another hard lesson. The Jolly Roger is not for germ or seedlings, it’s a little too much. You can use their fort Vee, or even the “lite.” I mistakenly thought, “I’ll just start in happy frog.” Still having no idea how completely different they are. The living soil was perfectly moist yesterday. But the ladies looked like they had been through hell. I was heartbroken for them. I put it together pretty quick, and checked. Happy frog, as well as root riot (which does draw up and evaporate) were bone dry. I think I just didn’t expect problem so quick or happy frog to dry as quick. (It’s not the first time a mistake made because I forgot the most important part. These plants I’m trying to grow, are going to grow 🤣). It happened with the 12” seedling light too. “Oh, this is perfect for a tray with 9 cubes in the center.” 🙄
                  They did what they’re supposed to do. Used the water.

Now, I have to say, even being the complete newb that I am, I realized when I was transplanting the first little one that it was going to be an issue. I wondered about knocking the soil away and even googled it. It can be done of course but I really decided it wasn’t a good idea for me at this point in my journey. I’d have killed them. I still may 🤯.

The living soil again was perfectly moist and began overwatered. I was so afraid. There were no plans to bring water anywhere near them. I had to do something. I mixed up 23oz of water with wetting agent, made a circle approx the size of the solo cup in the cover straw, and watered center out, all around with 3oz. I closed the tent and just hoped. I went up an hour later and no change. 2 hours, maybe a bit, 3 and I could tell they were responding. It’s a lot of trips up and down the stairs. There is too much going on to even think about taking them out, taking the tent apart, and back together downstairs right now. It will have to happen but I just have to deal right now. Carefully! Haha. We don’t want to end up with a 5th back surgery trying to grow medicine. I don’t know why I put it up there. I knew I’d have to go up and down, maybe just not quite as much. It’s not even always to open the tent. The climate control needs different things etc etc. Now I’m complaining 🤣🤣🤣. I know I talk and write way too much but there’s just no one to talk to about it. Family members are bored. Including the few that will enjoy the harvest if we get there. When it’s time, they may have to suffer a bit in some fun torturous way. Anyway, I think I’ve rambled enough. Here’s the girls yesterday just before lights out, and the same time this morning.
                  Last edited by GD69; 12-07-2021, 01:15 PM. Reason: To add a photo I thought I had…🤣 I promise it wasn’t just to talk more.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	173F8FDB-480F-4332-92EC-2783B65B546C.jpeg
Views:	394
Size:	4.76 MB
ID:	549336Click image for larger version

Name:	CC182C0E-5D8C-4E2D-A427-A229835DD884.jpeg
Views:	395
Size:	4.10 MB
ID:	549335Click image for larger version

Name:	EFFC9787-B50B-4E96-83B6-B4A183C2FB64.jpeg
Views:	378
Size:	3.87 MB
ID:	549334Click image for larger version

Name:	9CD3800B-3CAA-4EF5-9865-75D36A54E4E1.jpeg
Views:	377
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	549333Click image for larger version

Name:	8C8BA0B0-D836-4349-9B92-A39D581BE007.jpeg
Views:	381
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	549332Click image for larger version

Name:	C15FD8D6-718D-4E3D-8818-C38040EFB8CF.jpeg
Views:	428
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	549331
                    Originally posted by dilvish View Post
                    I think you may have put the horse before the cart but having said this yes it is possible to grow 2 plants in one pot. Would you want to as a beginner grower? probably not. but it is possible. Just make sure you know what kind of soil they are in...is it a type that will sustain the plants through their entire cycle as many super soils only have enough nutrients for 3-4 weeks.

do you check the PH of the water going in? do you have any supplemental nutrients?

Unfortunately a lot of beginners think that soil, water, and light are all they need to grow cannabis. It will grow, but it will not produce flowers (buds) or if it does they will be very small and not very potent. proper PH levels, full spectrum light, proper nutrients, temperature, humidity and good watering practices are all very important steps toward a good yield.

P.S. is that straw on top of the soil? Why?
                    I was just reading through everyone’s advice to make my decision and came across the the reply about absolutely needing to ph. I really have learned the things I know about the soil. Although I’m stumbling through sizes etc. I just learned that too late. I don’t even know that this soil maker agrees. That’s what build a soil says. I have no reason not to trust them though. Same concept. Maybe it’s the formula or main ingredients, which are different than most “super soil” recipes and brands I’ve seen, including build a soil etc. those seem fish based and this is equine manure and compost. Same concept, different percentages and sources of organics. The maker of this soil says not to PH the water. I don’t want you left with the idea that I just blew off your advice. I didn’t and would never. I appreciate every singe word. Truly. I also forgot to mention before that in Vermont, where the soil is, you can also buy seeds. No ordering and waiting. No shipping mishaps, privacy. I scored some sweet stuff from top genetics co’s. Now if I can only successfully grow these first girls. 🤣🤣

I am not running multiples in a pot. Even if it can be done, like you (i think) and someone else said, it’s too much for me to deal with. I am going to keep two (all I have light for) just in veg outside the tent for now. I’ll let my friends take some clones or practice producing them when it’s time. I do have what seems to be just a really weak plant. At least to what I can see. She’s just not performing like the rest and has had the same life. I may have to scrap her. I could and may try her in a 15. Probably won’t decide until day of transplant. I don’t like the idea. Haha.

Again though, thank you for offering advice and I do and will listen to all of it. When it gets confusing and different, I realize everyone has their own way and does what works for them. The way I chose, is really the only way it’s going to work for me, once I know what I’m doing. I’m not interested in being a chemist if there’s no reason. With all of your help I will get there. That and the hard lessons seem to be the only way. Here’s some pics after todays watering of…..9oz for a 3 gallon pot. It’s hopefully exactly between dry and wet.
                    ✌️❤️🎼
                    Last edited by GD69; 12-08-2021, 12:10 AM. Reason: Added photos

Comment

Any idea what’s up with the tall lady in the back of the room? One of 3 of her kind in the joint. She’s so leggy and likes longer node space. Dad a basketball player? An incorrect seed? Just differences in genetics? She did get real early stretch from the seedling light only being 12” (so dumb) but it was off them quick. I’ll use it for a reading lamp. Haha. Sorry, I talk so much and leave out info. I can’t remember what she is right this second. I’m stoned and tired. Time for bed. I will update. I can say she is Gorilla Glue or Bruce Banner. Sorry.
                      Last edited by GD69; 12-08-2021, 12:19 AM. Reason: To update strain of tall plant even though 50/50

Comment

I hate to say it but watch for that one to be male, these are what a male does. That does no mean it is a male, just watch close.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
                          I hate to say it but watch for that one to be male, these are what a male does. That does no mean it is a male, just watch close.
                          That’s gold right there. I was going to be watching anyway because I know feminized isn’t a 100% thing. Now I know to watch this more closely for sure. As well as a good reminder to be sure. I am pretty sure I’m good on what I’m looking for. Both are literally just what they are 🤣🤣.

Thank you!

Comment

Ok: so, this is why I need to say things out loud, take in the feedback, then think about them a bit before I make the moves that are best for me. I take every single suggestion with the same weight and appreciate them all.

30gal pots, for a guy who’s had 4 back surgeries and is full of metal and in pain a lot (no sympathy, just stating, been too long to feel badly, I’m good 🤣). Is going to be too much. What if I have to move them for any reason? The water they’ll take needs to be carried up etc.

I am using pots designed to keep moisture in and root trap, not air prune etc. I also will not be using any single pots for all that long. Even if I germ right in final pot. I can’t do that because the soil is too much. I have the lighter formula for next run so mediums are matched. It can and will just need a good recharge and a little time before the next use, as opposed to right away. I’m going to go with 7’s.

The 30’s will not go to waste because I believe they may grow me some fairly large outdoor girls this summer. I still need that fence though and have spent it all. Haha. I had to scrounge for Christmas presents for others. I still had them go in on something too expensive for me and not really necessary. The light controller. Haha.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                              SoOrbudgal commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Ya know you over think alot of this. Those look like fabric pots nothing special about them. Keep it short and simple.

• GD69
                              GD69 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The pots they are in right now are just simply Root Pouch fabric pots, yes. The newest pots, have a liner either inside or outside to prevent the overdrying. In all sizes, and each company is doing it differently. They weren’t here when promised and it was time. The ones I have that will now be used outdoors are coated on the outside, made by the original “Root Maker” people. They’re all the same price comparatively etc. That’s all scratched and I’m doing earth boxes, because I will get full soil benefits and be able to move them easier. Just overthinking so it’s done right. Not thinking it through fully is what got me here. I get your point though and do it a bunch. Part of it is getting differing answers but I’m also learning what’s true for one is not the same for another, and I have to see what fits my situation and use it all.

I'm late to this thread and luckily you've already been steered to Build-A-Soil's channel. Just make sure you don't add pH adjusters to the plants' water. pH Down will kill off the fungi and microbes that make living soil (or any organic method) work. I fill a few buckets ahead of watering and by the time I use it, the water has sat at least 24 hours with an airstone going in it to keep it from going funky.
                            Coconut Grove
                            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                            32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                            Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Originally posted by UndergroundFarmer View Post
                              I'm late to this thread and luckily you've already been steered to Build-A-Soil's channel. Just make sure you don't add pH adjusters to the plants' water. pH Down will kill off the fungi and microbes that make living soil (or any organic method) work. I fill a few buckets ahead of watering and by the time I use it, the water has sat at least 24 hours with an airstone going in it to keep it from going funky.
                              This is also driving me a bit nuts at the moment and I’m still just using regular spring water. I know I don’t have too. I don’t even have chloramine that would need a carbon filter. I can evap the chlorine like you said. I haven’t and won’t PH, even though I get yelled at…hahaha.

I do have a sodium level of 70ppm from the source. I’ve read articles that say anything over 50 is toxic to plants and in the 20’s is cool. I’ve also read it can be tough over time for our soil. Everyone looks at me like I’m crazy. Haha. Maybe I am. I’m just trying to learn and keep it going. The first 2 of my “earth boxes” arrived today so I’ll be getting those setup. I’m so busy right now I’m not sure how but it has to happen. My legs are jelly and I’m falling apart. Next run the tent comes down here. I don’t need an office. 😎

Thank you! ✌️

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X