When 8=68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When 8=68

What you see are an 8ish pound bag of trim and 39+29 grams of 220 micron hash.
    Neighbor buddy's buddy decided to go to TJ and have someone fill up his gas tank with meth, and got caught at the border. Busted buddy's old lady started selling whatever she could to get bail money. NB spent $200 for the bag. He then spent three hours picking buds out of a shopping bag full of trim. He asked if anyone wanted to buy shake. As long as he's been smoking, he doesn't know the difference between trim and shake. Told him he wouldn't be able to sell it to the homeless folks.
    I spent an hour with a one gallon 220 micron bubble bag. My glasses got kief fogged. Arm hair, fingernails, clothes, table. Everything covered in kief. If to dust is to remove dust, I have to kief.
    I'd like to turn this stuff into hash but am wary about filling a glass bottle with real hot water. I have in my mind that I will fill the bottle, the pressure and me rolling the bottle will further stress and break it, causing uncomfortable gashes in my person. Even though this is how it's done, I still have that wariness.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

29 grams in a 100 micron bag shook me out 13 grams. I'm keeping that and giving neighbor buddy the rest.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Send me your Kief and I'll do your hash for you.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure. It's in the mail. Wait for it.

Looks like you need a smoklapapaginger press. But I bet a wine bottle would work.
    DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
    TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
    Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
    10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
    50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
    8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
    2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
    w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
    2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
    2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
    GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
    Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
    . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
    Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

If you already read this in another post, good for you.
      Finally figured out how to get something out of my pollen press.
      Filled with kief, closed, not pressed. Left in a bath of hot water for a few minutes. Twisted the press handle as hard as I could. Put back in hot water for a few minutes. Then twisted out.
      You can see in the picture which of the pucks had the most hot water treatment. The darker they are, the more hot water. They have cooled into hard little things.
      Is this hash? Hard to tell for sure with the likes of Farmbuck . He'll have an opinion.
      The press is fresh off the lathe and has sharp edges. I have three cuts. Got them all at once
      αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Also how much does it hold before press?

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm Canadian so I don't have an opinion.

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Well not really I do have one..... Let it cure for a little while. The smoke will be smoother as it age.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hashman-Dark-Chocolate-Marijuana-Edibles-Review-2.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	545863
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Wow Bucky, I love your new avatar, big improvement over dog!
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          TOKABIGONE A young local in Mérida doing her traditional dance. I think it's called the jarana dance. I have a lot of pics taken a few years back from the main square them dancing.

How much does the press hold? No clue. How much did I put in? Between 2 and 5 grams. When pressing, the hash gets squished between the metal puck and the side of the tube, making things real tight. Filling the tube would be a mistake because I wouldn't be able to screw it down too far.
        This stuff might be as cured as it's going to get. The trimmings and popcorn kernel nugs were super dry. I don't know if it was from this season or last.
        αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Listen to the Hashman it will get better. It's the same thing when aging wine in a oak barrel. Do the test, put one puck in a mason jar store it in a dark and cool place for a while and you will see the difference. Trust the Hashman !!

It'll be easy enough to let the stuff age as I am not a smoker Farmbuck .
        In the mean time, the pucks are too hard to break with fingers, even the thinnest. I have to chop it up with a razor. No micro grater.
        Burning a bit before I dab to get the full effect. Time to put the rest to rest.
        αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

My curiosity asks if you don't smoke it, how are you using the hash? Trade maybe? idk

Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Since I have it, I'll smoke it. It's just not something I do very often. My first homemade hash is an exception.

Final answers.
          I'm satisfied with two bowls of a couple BB's worth of hash, each. Super smoothe. Nary a cough or hot throat. Full body high with the face and eyeball affect.
          Even with a razor blade, it is damn hard.
          With all the kief dust, when I poured the hot water down the sink I got a full face of a magnificent miasma of the hash I've been making.
          There isn't as much smoke as with flower. I like that.
          Will I do it again with my own flower...
          αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok final question what's the brand and whereja get it? Expensive? Sorry 2 questions.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            The brand is 'Casolly' but I really don't think it matters. Just google 'kief press.'
            Or maybe it does matter. Even with the cap end being submerged in water, there were no leaks inside the tube. That probably matters.

I have a similar press. I don't understand the reason to add heat. I get my discs hard as rocks with no heat. Am I missing a step?

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Yours is more badasser than mine or you can twist tighter than me. Pressing with no heat, mine makes loose pucks.
            I used the heat because it seems to be the way.

OK now I'm wondering about that too. Even boiling at 212 degrees is not hot enough to decarb it so is it just to get it harder? Could I heat it in the oven and use gloves with the same effect? What if I went to 240 for 40 min so it would decarb or would it. Complete newb on this so bear with me. Farmbuck any input? I know you use a diff method so your opinion please? Thanks guys!

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            TOKABIGONE I don't decarb kief cuz I don't do edibles. Mine is very simple : Now I'm using very hot water to mix it with kief. I made sure it's very saturated to create the paste. After I use a iron cast press to "compress" it . Again after I hand roll it into little balls. My opinion ball tend to stick better well like I say it's my opinion. After I let it dry for a few days so the water can evaporate leaving a hard chunk of hash. I tried the boiling water bottle method with gloves but I found it a bit too clumsy. So yes decarb it if your intention is to do edibles.

You may want to read this article: https://news.green-flower.com/articl...o-decarb-kief/

The cheap version of the cast iron on Amazon is: https://www.amazon.com/Tortilla-ARC-...152204&sr=8-15
            Last edited by Farmbuck; 11-05-2021, 05:44 PM.

desertdan I've known simple pressed kief to be 'green hash.
          αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

I have a sharpstone brand press expensive but I can make a lot of pressure with it. I also sift through a 99 micron screen before I press. I tried 76 micron but lost too much taste. I get full melt at 99. What does not pass through 99 I give away.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              What I was sifting was very dry. There was no way I could not get plant matter. Full melt isn't happening. Happy, gray ash is what I get.
              Do you grind or sift nugs?

Suuuuuuper mellow. Super, super mellow. Relaxed without being tired. My feet and hands feel lighter and more comfortable than usual. Thinking is getting to be too much of a hassle.
            Hardly a being. A consciousness waiting for it's consciousness. Anti-nirvana. Filling the void... ah, shit! I'm high.
            αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe I should try me some hash for tonite after all it's friday non ?

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Since it's [sic] friday, pull out your aged stuff

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              So now do you want to make fun of Farmbuck, lol! So i been shopping around today and researching kief pressing. The one I want is the large heavy duty Grindhouse 6" x 1.65" dia stainless steel model for $160. Almost impossible to break with hands only. What I will start with is a cheaper smaller ss 3.5x 1 for $15. If I had lbs to do maybe but let's start small. Interesting thing is cold press gives you blond hash and heated gives you black tar hash. i believe there is more flavor in blond but maybe a more potent tar?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X