First time grower: White Widow Feminized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grower: White Widow Feminized

Hello! These ladies are 2 weeks in (day 1 being paper towel germination). They are in solo cups with Happy Frog soil. I will likely transplant into 1 gal then 5 gal final fabric pots. Simple question here is : when should I transplant these to the 1 gal? The leaves have reached the cup edge (which I have read is a time to transplant), but it doesn’t seem to have as many established nodes as others have when they transplant.
    looking forward to learning from, and growing with you!!

Multiple transplants in most grower's opinions is unnecessary. If they were mine I'd give them another 10-12 days in their solos and then go straight into the 5 gallon. The better the root ball in the cups, the less problematic the transplant will be. Seedlings need very little in the way of nutrients so they'll be fine for a bit longer where they are.

Comment

Good deal and appreciate the insight. I was unsure about multiple transplants, but figured that I wouldn’t wear shoes 4 sizes to big as I would “grow into them”, so why not for the seedlings!

Comment

Oof crucialbunny I just posted this to another thread. You might see it...

Hey ...You will want to add perlite to your coco. 30% perlite to 70% coco. My towel sprouted went to coco on Oct 1 and poked out on Oct 2. All are starting to grow their first one finger fans. Better results than I had with FF Ocean Forest.
        A popular seedling grow pot is a Solo cup. But whatever works. Some people think a second transplant and root trimming helps growth. Trimming roots is a common thing to do when transplanting vegetables from trays, if you do anything outside.
        Since I have sun to use, I go with Solo cups for sprout, then into one gallons. This allows me to go from tent to sun without much fuss. Once I put them into their final five gallon fabric pots, they stay in my tent.
        Since they need constant nutrients, I've been giving 1/16 tsp of veg nutes and CalMag. Since I'm using a new nute, I'll be increasing strength in a day or so.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

I'm assuming you have holes in the bottom of solo cups so you should be seeing some roots coming out of those holes in 10 to 14 days. That is when I transplant to final container. I used to use 5 gal fabric pots but switched to 3 gal for the last couple of grows and everyone did fine. Good luck!
          DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
          315 LEC
          6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
          6" Carbon filter
          3- 6" fans
          humidifier
          temp and humidity gauge
          5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
          FF trio nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X