X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    An airstone to oxygenate water.
    12" of stiff irrigation hose pushed through and caulked into the lid of a flat, half gallon juice bottle. Makes for an easy watering to the plant in the back corner of my tent. I do half a gallon, per plant, then go back and give them another. It slows down the watering so less runs out.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    I think sometimes the answer to how to trim is- it depends. The last harvest I did, hand trimming was best due to the beautiful buds that were formed in some amazing shapes that I wanted to preserve, and did not need any trimming at the tops. The next harvest coming, the buds have almost no sugar on the sugar leaves, but plenty of them and are already a uniform shape. These would be ideal for a bowl trimmer.

An inspiring story Poppa . I can relate. Thank you for sharing. Best wishes and good health to you.

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    I hope you all feel better. I’m not sorry my spinner got you all worked up

• Poppa
    commented on 's reply
    I have an innate need to be busy doing something productive every day it's what my daughter calls my ADHD. When I worked for a living I'd always say work smarter not harder when when finding the most efficient way to do a job/project. Now when friends or family ask why I did something a certain way I reply "Cause I'm Lazy". I can see where it could be quicker or more efficient to use a trim bag or bowl. But for me the spending 8 hours on average setting on my ass listening to music while hand trimming allows me to sleep at night knowing I've had another productive day on Earth. For reference and understanding let me say I learned back in 2010 or 11 my mentality shifted when I came face to face with the fact I will die from complications or from a side affect of COPD I would toss and turn at night mentally beating myself up anytime I was healthy but unproductive for wasting one of my remaining days. I'll end by saying I DO NOT plan to go any where soon and hope to be around and productive for another 10 years or so if lucky. We all have our own way of doing things.

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    That’s nice to have

• Smoklahoma
    replied
    The probe floats in the reservoir all the time. The control only does above or below, not both. I have mine set to activate if the PH rises above 6.2. The control turns on the pericalastic pump and adds drops of PH down until it reaches 6.1then turns pump off. It usually floats down to 5.8 after pump turns off.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting. How does that system work?

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I swear i get more info off you guys and your McGuyvers some of you are just natural tinkers Smoklahoma that's a awsome setup for doseing.

• Smoklahoma
    replied
    Didn't make it ,but these PH dosers sure make life a little easier.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    I don't quite know what happened on page one so I'll start this thread on page 2 with Ckbrew . It's a positive post.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    replied
    Opinions are like a box of bag seed, you never know what you are going to get. Everyone be polite. This is a place for information exchange and helping each other. Most people come here to relax, learn, and share.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Specify PeterMatanzas , please. Who's passive/aggressive?

• PeterMatanzas
    commented on 's reply
    bboyfromwayback And you are posting comments about my contribution to this website that are clearly out of bounds.

• PeterMatanzas
    commented on 's reply
    Passive/aggressive behavior here

• PeterMatanzas
    commented on 's reply
    Should read "argument against the man"

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X