Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeterMatanzas
    replied
    Like I wrote above, a trim bag or a similar device is a matter of personal preference. I do not want my buds rolling around against each other and the side of the bag or the hard walls of a device, it is abrasive and it is inevitable kief will be lost. How do you capture the kief that fell off the buds? <---- The kief that the buyer is not going to get. If the product works as well as it's advertised trimmers would be out of a job overnight, and that's not happening.

EDIT: Let's not misinterpret something here. I am not attacking those who use trim bags. I'm attacking the bags.

Leave a comment:

• Walty
    replied
    Hello,
    im hooked on this watering wand (liquid transfer pump) that was highlighted at GWE. I also am hooked on the trimming machine that bboy mentioned above.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PeterMatanzas
    commented on 's reply
    This is more of a personal preference instead of someone being a "dummy" because they hand trim.

• Phlash
    replied
    This is what I use in my cloning bucket it’s inspired by a Dewey mister, it utilizes air to move the water instead of a hydraulic pump, I chose this instead to minimize clogging and thermal creep.

The single bubbler works well in a 5gal pail, I’ve used the bucket and have had excellent results, usually 14 days or so for strong root growth with either seeds once germinated or clone stock, when it comes to clones time is definitely impacted by how high up the stock is taken so of course there is some variation.

The trough is the newest version that I’m working on, I’m trying to get things sorted early before the next grow cycle.

When filled, either system can lose a gallon of liquid through evaporation and still function, of course prolonged aeration and evaporation will require ph adjustments but this holds true for all methods utilizing a system that includes a reservoir.

Also shown are rooting cube holders along with light covers set into the bucket lid

Leave a comment:

• Phlash
    replied
    Mounting adapters for grow tent poles.

Leave a comment:

• Phlash
    replied
    A few different sized lst clips.

Leave a comment:

• Phlash
    replied
    Growing has presented various challenges that prompted me to make different things to fill the need. Most of these I drew in ACAD and then 3D printed. I’ll make a few posts as trying to post multiple images with labels just wasn’t working for me

Here are rings for drip watering, currently I have them attached to modified soda bottles that are hung along the side walls of the tent. I have 4”, 6” & 8” versions for different size containers with either 90° & 45° inlets.

Last edited by Phlash; 10-02-2021, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    replied
    My simple gadget is a garden sprayer. I use 2.5 gallon sprayer for watering. Makes life much easier in regards to pulling pots out, reaching around plants to water. The wand is around 18" and has a 3' hose. It's also nice that it has measurements on the side. This way I can keep track of how much water each plant is getting.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    At the top of the list is my bud spinner, it’s priceless come harvest time. If anything would ever happen to it I’d have to buy another right away without question. No way I’d go back to hand trimming everything again

Im only on my first grow using AutoPots and asking myself why I let this system set for so long before actually using it. I upgraded to a 25 gallon slim line trashcan for a reservoir and added a rain barrel tap so I can shut the system down at the source if needed.

Wanted to add that since I added the 25 gallon reservoir I spend less than 5min in my grow room per day. I’ve been adding 16 gallons of water to the reservoir every Sunday. Add my nutes, ph it then I’m done for the week. My lights come on at 5pm so I go down around 6ish, take a peak inside the tent to make sure everything is on and operating properly, check the ph in the reservoir real quick just because I’m anal about ph then that’s it. I’m telling ya. EZPZ

Work smarter not harder my stoner friends
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 10-03-2021, 06:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    replied
    BTW- this can be used as an engine oil vacuum if you are working on a boat or similar machine.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    started a topic Simple grow room gadgets that make you life easier

Simple grow room gadgets that make you life easier

Show us some simple grow room gadgets that you have either made or found that make your grow room or outside grow a bit easier. Here is one:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-2-5A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	490.3 KB ID:	540240

Water vacuum attachment for the shop vac. 2 x 5 gal plastic buckets with lid. In lid cut a hole for vacuum hose and for .5 inch vinyl tube. First bucket goes inside the second bucket. Turn on vacuum and use vinyl hose to suction out runoff water. Why 2 buckets? Because if you use 1 and the temp is above 70 ish the bucket will collapse from the suction. Putting the first bucket inside a second one prevents this.
    Last edited by Ckbrew; 10-02-2021, 09:12 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X