Powdery Mildew? Not Sure Anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Powdery Mildew? Not Sure Anymore

Howdy. New to the forum. Outdoor grower in San Francisco. Had 6 plants. Two were definitely taken down by PM and Bud Rot. Two others had a little PM, but I've cut most of it out and will do cannabutter with it. I have two left. Used Dr. Zyme's on them. I don't think there's PM on these two, but honestly I don't know anymore. Can you help? Thanks in advance. Appreciated.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0116.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.78 MB ID:	538556Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0114.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.24 MB ID:	538557Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0115.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.69 MB ID:	538558
    Last edited by tallbobsmoke; 09-24-2021, 04:14 PM.

The more I think about it, I'm pretty convinced it's more PM.

Comment

Before you take my opinion on something this important, see what others say.
      I see frosty nugs and sugar leaves with 99% cloudy trichomes, and late stage, minor fan leaves. Keep 'em dry. Keep 'em circulating. Check the GWE website about trichomes and harvesting. When you harvest, keep on keepin' 'em dry and circulating.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

That's the thing that's driving me crazy. It is pretty important. I don't want to F this up and give or smoke bud with PM.

Comment

Do you have a jeweler's loupe? Look at them through one, you should be able to tell if it's trichomes or WPM. If not you can use a black light. WPM will glow.
          To me it looks like frost.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Ordered a jeweler's loop, but it won't be here until Monday and as you can see it's pretty late stage, but it's prob safer to wait. I've got a magnifying glass app on my phone I'll try to use. Didn't know about the black light trick.

Comment

• PLreef
              PLreef commented
              Editing a comment
              I ordered a black light flash light off of Amazon last year just for WPM checking.
              Definitely wait it out till Monday. WPM spreads pretty fast. I have a feeling you'll know what you got going on by tomorrow or Sunday.

Google 'Wesley's jewelers loupe.' They have pieces with LED and black/UV light.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

I am willing to give you a definite answer. That is not WPM. Those are trichomes. I can see the round heads in one pic.

Comment

Agree with DD, those look like trichomes to me. Some strains are super frosty. Once you have a jewellers loupe or even a strong magnifying glass you should be able to see the mushroom shaped trichomes.

I didn’t realize WPM would glow under a blacklight - that is really cool, I am going to get a blacklight flashlight as well. With that said, I read an article recently that said WPM is a fan of warm humid air but doesn’t like rain (more of a summer problem than a fall problem). Not sure how warm SF is this time of year but since you are outdoors it may be too cool now for WPM to really take hold (would love to hear if anyone has experienced different). Bud rot (botrytis) likes cool wet weather, which makes it the bigger problem where I am this time of year, with temps mostly 10-20C and more frequent rain.

EDIT Click through on the second pic to the full size and expand it - you can clearly see the bud is covered in trichomes.
                Last edited by DeadlyFruit; 09-24-2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• PLreef
                  PLreef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The flashlight has really helped me spot and treat wpm. Since getting it I have not had any major break outs. It's easy to catch it early with the light.

• DeadlyFruit
                  DeadlyFruit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very cool! I literally went straight to Amazon and ordered one. Comes tomorrow 🙂

WPM is a flat powdery coat on the surface of a plant. Yours are frosty and clearly shows trichomes. No worries there.

Comment

Thanks for your opinions and help everyone!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X