Smoking Powdery Mildew Laden Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking Powdery Mildew Laden Pot

Helping a friend of a friend today and harvested their 100 plant indoor grow. It was heaven for this newbie. Free labor as I am learning. Various strains . Indoor and crowded grow though. Thought I was looking at some lovely frost when I realized it was mildew. I asked and nobody seemed to care in the room but confirmed indeed that is what I was looking at . Mind you ..their grow. Being a newbie .............should we be smoking that s... Isn't mildew a form of mold ? Thoughts please cause its out there being consumed. Once it was run thru their bud buster you couldn't see the mildew just beautiful nugs . I have a few plants myself but never experienced powdery mildew.
    Concerned Canuck .
    2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

It's a total negative to smoking that shit. Look up what PM can do to the lungs.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

As more and more people get sick and have health problems from smoking mold, it will be cannabis that gets the bad name, not the drug dealer. If I were you I would never trust that friend of a friend..
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

This is exactly why many of us grow our own!
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Here are some good links to bring you up to speed:

White Powdery Mildew (aka White Powdery Mold) can be the cause of white spots on your leaves that looks like patches of flour. Learn how to get rid of it!

Ask Erowid Question and Answer: Are there any negative effects to smoking moldy cannabis?

Stay up-to-date on the latest happenings in cannabis culture. Read recipes, skim news, learn cannabis basics, & discover the best new cannabis products.

Fast Buds GSC & Green Crack Auto's

Veg:
          4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LED's - Flora Trio + CalMag

Bloom: 4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LEDs - Flora Trio + CalMag & Superbloom

“…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.” – Judge Francis Young (DEA)

Comment

• desertdan
            desertdan commented
            Editing a comment
            That stuff can make one really sick. Just breathing in the spores without smoking it can make some very sick. Bad news man.

To some it's.all about the $$$$$ I play it safe and grow my own!

Comment

Wondering, would they eat a slice of mildewy bread?
            x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Dudes giving Canadian weed a bad rep. I'd delete his ass off the friend of a friend list.

Comment

So u didn't even get paid in pot for your time thts bullshit newbie or not I've worked in gardens but at least u didn't get stuck with some poisoned weed I definitely wouldn't be buying or listing to anything tht guy had or said

Comment

That's messed up. Even for a healthy person to smoke that it's bad news.
                  Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
                  600W HPS
                  Coco
                  GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
                  Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

I cant help think of the 25 lbs or so of that crap now circulating. The dude is a legal grow and should have that privilege revoked I think ! Cant believe it . Beware ! Glad I too grow my own .
                    Keep it real !
                    2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

Feel like I left the scene of an accident

Comment

Welcome to the world of Big Canna: just as corrupt and greedy as big pharma...
                        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I read through everyone's reply's and I will just toss this out there because honestly I don't know what to think when you hear this and you know the source of this information is one of the big name cannabis authors out there who teach so many people. I am going to say it, and then you can line up to disagree with me, tell me I am wrong and this information is 100% wrong... but I am backing it up with a video straight from the horses mouth. According to Jorge Cervantes you can wash away powdery mildew and still be able to smoke the plant without any issue, watch the YouTube video yourself to hear him say it...

Jorge Cervantes Washing Away Powdery Mildew
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Now I personally would not jump on board with this belief, I have trouble believing this is true and accurate information, and I am only posting it because it comes from a well known cannabis author who many people claim to be a well known and trusted author. All I know is that I would love to hear what others think on if this would really make it safe or not...
                          The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
                          http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

• alltatup
                            alltatup commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ok! I'm all in favor of NO PESTICIDES etc. with cannabis; that is a policy that makes perfect sense to me. What you're saying makes me realize that while growers may be able to cultivate cannabis just about anywhere in the world, not all outdoor conditions are favorable to producing the results we seek. Farmers of all types have faced similar crises or loss of crops when the weather takes a bad turn. As for Canada's Space Station, this may not be such a bad idea, although I don't think it will ever wipe out closet growers because this IS an art form, and those of us who wish to cultivate our own won't stop perfecting our own techniques. As Nebula said, it is becoming more like micro-brewing the perfect beer in your own home.
                            If cannabis were legal where I live right now, and I could go and buy top quality bud from the pot store, I'd still grow my own. I have invested in the grow equipment and I deeply enjoy it as a hobby and a creative act. Plus, I have always loved working with plants, and this is the most special plant I've ever worked with. As for the guy who's had a "touch" of mold and doesn't want to get rid of his crop, well, folks gone do what folks gone do. Private growers will continue to have varying degrees of knowledge and expertise about what they are doing; they will continue to produce bud that will range from dangerous, to so-so, to top notch. This is inevitable. Some of us will become masters and many won't. You can't be a dull-witted person and do this well, that is for sure. There are too many factors to balance and juggle.
                            It reminds me in many ways of how I perceive my students: some have never learned how to juggle multiple factors--let alone five times as many factors involved in the process of earnng As in all 5 classes they are taking--; some don't have the foresight to figure out how to improve their juggling abilities; some are satisfied with mediocrity; some can't stand hard work and challenges; etc. Different abilities, different priorities. It may be true that many growers won't care about all the factors you mention, and moldy bud will get harvested, gifted/sold, and smoked; to me it's clear that not very many of my students at all really care about honing their intellectual skills by really learning to be excellent students. I accept that most will settle for mediocrity, because they don't want the challenge of striving for excellence. I see it as the way of the world: a relatively small group of true masters or experts or geniuses exists in any endeavor involving this kind of complexity.
                            As for the book you read and compared to your other pot books, lemme just say this: throughout my career, I have seen so many freaking mediocre textbooks in my field it's just not funny. Whenever there's money to be made, you'll see this phenomenon. I have ended up using mostly my own materials because of the weaknesses and flaws I find in the commercial products. Yeah, like you said at the start: don't waste your breath arguing with idiots. Write your own book, share your knowledge with those who are smart and receptive enough to appreciate your hard work and insights, and don't cast your pearls before swine. They just won't know how to appreciate your pearls of wisdom.
                            As for Jorge, I'm still going to write to him and confront him on this PM video. I ain't tryna change the world here, though...

• PigSquishy
                            PigSquishy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I read what you said and then I've spent the past few hours really thinking about it, you are 100% right, whether Jorge hears me or not, like you I think I am going to write him and spend the time putting together some facts and figures to back up my points on molds. He posted the video, he needs to debunk his own claims as being wrong, I'm sure you and I won't be the first to tell him... but hey how can we complain about something if we aren't willing to put forth the effort and work to try to change it. Sometimes a single man can change the world or at least change the minds of a larger volume of people... we don't know what might happen, until we put forth the effort to make the attempt... I will try to work on something to him soon.

• alltatup
                            alltatup commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You go, GT: you clearly have the knowledge and experience!!!!! I will write to him too.

I think for many of us we would control PM on first site . To allow to remain thru to harvest I think is criminal and pure laziness. I would like to do an intervention and recall. Wish all could be warned somehow. These guys have more than one grow and should have none in my opinion.
                          I appreciate all the feedback . I kinda knew the answer just more perplexed about stopping these guys from distribution.
                          Cant wait for the grow legalities to get done here in Canada and full organic testing will be the norm . Everyone will demand it I hope. You can get full testing now on your crop for about 200.00 so why wouldn't you if you have pounds and pounds ! Unless you don't give a crap and in for the loot alone .

Comment

• LuckyAcres
                            LuckyAcres commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The testing required here is pretty rigorous and cost about $370 for up to 10lbs per harvest per strain. I'm glad there's pesticide testing but as a small grower who doesn't use any non organic pest control and with a small harvest it stinks. I do appreciate the safer products being sold in dispensaries, no doubt.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X