Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adding hydrogen peroxide good idea or bad???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding hydrogen peroxide good idea or bad???

I have been readying that adding h202 to your water at 1pint per gal of water adds extra oxygen to your water to help your plants has anyone tryed this and is it a good idea?

ive added pyroxide with exelent results also kills alot of bad bugs. i use it in soil to help with gnats and mights and it give faster growth to

Comment

Awesome thank you very much what is ur mixture ratio?

Comment

bout quart per gallon of water
        for gnats i add 3% directly no dilution hard on plants but they recover fast

Comment

Awesome thank you have u ever tryed adding sugar? If so how much and how did it affect the plant and buds?

Comment

What are you growing in? Soil, coco or hydro? If you're using any sort of beneficial bacteria (for example in hydro or organic coco/soil) than you want to avoid using H2O2 because it will kill all your good bacteria, which can end up being more trouble than it's worth.

As far as adding oxygen, the H2O2 will have completely broken down and be out of the water within 24 hours so it definitely doesn't offer extra oxygen for long.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? That helps determine whether H2O2 will be right for you. If it's just to sort of improve general growth, often the best thing you can do is first focus on fixing any problems (which are the main reason plants don't grow as well as they could), then improving your growing environment (light, temperature, humidity, etc)

Comment

• OregonTentLife
              OregonTentLife commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha I added a homeade co2.. Quick yeast and sugar. Seems to work well.. Don't know if has side effects I guess but its effective

I was just hoping to add more oxygen to my water to grow faster I'm growing in 3parts promix 1part perlight in 5gal pails with tons of holes drilled in them. Should I just focus on the enviroment being better if so what kinda envirmonetal factors should I look at?

Comment

• OzBud
              OzBud commented
              Editing a comment
              why not just throw an air stone in your water for a while before watering?

• furrysparkle
              furrysparkle commented
              Editing a comment
              You shouldn't need to add more O2 in any situation. If soil use fabric pots and you'll get more than enough O2, if hydro you should already have a air pump and air stone.

You have made an amazing site nebula haze I'm very thankful to have this site it's helped me out so much and I love learning thank you for makeing this site

Comment

I run two 15 gallon water tanks and have a medium air stone in each tank running a dual port fish tank air pump. Runs all the time so the water does not get stagnant. My water situation right now is not ideal but hopefully will be fixed this spring.
            Also what nebula said. The h2o2 will kill the bad and the good bacteria so use only as needed in soil

Comment

Im running a drip system and don't have airstone/pump but the circulation pump and the pebbles do the oxygen filling..As the rest said,it will kill any good bacteria in there also!!It would be good if you have issues with roots and you don't have hydroguard,again though recommendation is a day of use maximum,then use something appropriate for your issue!And i don't see u having any issues tyler,they will get big and they will flower for you,all you gotta do is witness it!!And as Nebula has been saying,LTC
              Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
              600W

LED
              2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
              BioBizzLight Mix
              Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
              Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
              Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
              CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
              Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Originally posted by tyler_ hobbyist View Post
                I was just hoping to add more oxygen to my water to grow faster I'm growing in 3parts promix 1part perlight in 5gal pails with tons of holes drilled in them. Should I just focus on the enviroment being better if so what kinda envirmonetal factors should I look at?
                Here's a quick summary of what I recommend focusing on as far as environment to increase your yields and growth rates (from most to least important):
                1. Light - Bright but not too bright - you have lots of light with your LEDs and are currently getting them dialed in so I think you're good here
                2. Temperature - Comfortable for you, comfortable for your plants - 70-85°F is a good range
                3. Air Circulation - Fresh air plus a gentle breeze will help prevent mold/mildew, strengthen the stems, and help plants get access to fresh air/CO2
                4. Reflection - Cover your walls with a reflective material so more light gets delivered to your plants (instead of being absorbed by the walls)
                5. Humidity - Controlling humidity helps plants grow faster and can increase resin production - if you can keep it around 40-50% humidity you're golden!

Comment

Awesome thank you nebula my next grow will be much better. Right now my plants are in my basement in a huge open space with polly around them to reflect light, my next grow I will buy a tent there's not much air curculation so I open the down stairs door and put fans on to try to get air, plus I have a 3 peice window fan on the babies all the time, tempature is now set at 80 all the time. Humidity once my scale finally comes in I will be able to tell humidity I really appricate your help thank you everyone

Comment

You're doing great! Just one last thing. You mentioned you're growing in the basement; I just wanted to double check that your plants are up off the cold floor (even being on a block of wood or something like that can make a difference). The plants don't like cold roots

Comment

I did not know that I will definitly put some wood under the buckets thank you

Comment

Originally posted by crovax667 View Post
                        bout quart per gallon of water
                        for gnats i add 3% directly no dilution hard on plants but they recover fast
                        Did he say, "bout quart per gallon of water"

Comment

• cyberaktif
                          cyberaktif commented
                          Editing a comment
                          i seen that too

• crovax667
                          crovax667 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          yes i did use more if heavy infest less if light
                          not exact but dont gotta be
                          and yes this is a one time thing not all the time because it does kill good bacteria

• cyberaktif
                          cyberaktif commented
                          Editing a comment
                          right on crovax. A friend of mine had to do that a while back. He said it is a last resort and quick in a pinch.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X