New to the forum + Ongoing first time grow = lost in space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the forum + Ongoing first time grow = lost in space

Hello all and thank you for letting me join! Have been reading the forum as a guest for a few days now and the knowledge, support and comradeship is outstanding + its also lots of activity here which is excellent for a newbie like myself.

My case is a bit complicated because i didnt start from seed... My friend germinated the seed and have no idea what strain it is and then put it in the window to grow just like a normal flower. So when i got the plant she was stretchy to say the least, i have no idea how long she has lived since birth. My first action was to cut her down a few levels and i regret this because i think i stunned her but she was so long. Then i bought a tent and some supplies to "do it the right way" (details will follow of my spec) and 5th of July i transplanted her to a 11L pot and put her in my tent, so she has been there now for 10 days.

My setup:
    Secret Jarden DS60, 60cmx60cmx158cm
    TGL Star 60 LED
    Clip-on fan blowing from above
    CAN-Lite filter 150m3
    Biobizz Lightmix soil
    Biobizz grow, bloom, top for nuts

I will share some photos of how she looks now and maybe you can look closely and tell me whats what? My feeling is that she is growing very slow and she looks nothing like all the other plants i have seen pictures of. Almost everyone has more like a bush while mine is like a flagpole with a little fuss for leafs. Maybe i am stressing myself and i should obey more to LITFA but its hard hehe its like having that first baby again
    The enviroment is 27-28C during lights on and 26-27 lights off, the humidity is pending between 50-60%. I have measured the water from run-off and it was 5.7 PH. Everytime i water i add 1ml/l BioGrow and she drinks about 2.8L when she has dried for 3 days straight.

So please have a look and help me develop green fingers!
    Last edited by baffe; 08-24-2021, 02:42 AM.

Here's my what's what..........over watered, not planted correctly in the pot not enough soil, over fed. Could be a male who knows? Oh and removed to many leaves to young Buy some good seed genetics and try again but read up on basics of growing weed.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Welcome baffe, I think if you wish to finish this girl you will need to listen to SoOrbudgal advise re: water and soil. Add more soil to the rim and water just enough to settle it a bit, do not press it. Let the pot dry until she looks thirsty again then weigh it. This is your dry base weight. Then water and weigh again. The diff tells you how much water you are giving. Do not water again until it reaches the dry weight. The amount will increase as the plant grows. Go easy on the nutes but I think overall she is fairly healthy and can recover and flower but you'll need to be patient cuz it's gonna take time. Read More! Good Luck!
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Thank you both for your advices! I have been thinking about the amount of soil and that i should add more but can i do that now or do i need to exchange all the soil? Regarding over watered, i dont water much at all and i have weight it newly watered and when its dry and i know the difference and i never water in between. Should i not add Biogrow 1ml/l everytime i water? Since i got it home i have kept a close journal everyday just to understand what is going on and how the development looks and all in all i have watered it 3 times when the pot was completely dry and very light to lift.

Comment

When transplanting put them deeper into the soil, dont cover leaf, but one can cover a few limbs, this gets more roots on the plant.
          I dont use the nutes you are, so no help there.

Comment

You don't have to replant. This would just set it back more than it has been already. Just add more soil and cut nutes to every other watering. After a week you should see new growth. You can add more if it looks needy.
            Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
            Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
            Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
            Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
            Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
            i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
            My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
            make pH correction unnecessary
            Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
            8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
            Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
            Semper Fidelis!

Comment

baffe Welcome to the forum!! That's a helluva stalk she has. I agree w/ advice above: read, read, read!!!
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Originally posted by TOKABIGONE View Post
                You don't have to replant. This would just set it back more than it has been already. Just add more soil and cut nutes to every other watering. After a week you should see new growth. You can add more if it looks needy.
                Thanks, thats exactly what i did. Just added more soil and topped of with a little water and i think she is loving it. To my untrained eye she seems to be in good condition and i also think she has for last two days been growing faster. The poor girl got a really rough start in life but it seems she has acclimatized now, what do you all think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	525464

Comment

Originally posted by alltatup View Post
                  baffe Welcome to the forum!! That's a helluva stalk she has. I agree w/ advice above: read, read, read!!!
                  Haha yeah the stem is crazy due to being growned in a window for a few weeks in her earlier life but she is coming along now. I have been reading believe me, reading and watching videos and i will keep at it and i do love all the articles on this site.

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's awesome, baffe. She looks strong and hardy!

Thank you so much alltatup! Tomorrow she is on week 3 of veg phase and she is really starting to "bush out" now, lots of new leaves and i have seen pistills on two branches. Would it be wrong of me to go to bloom phase after week 4, is it too early? And i also would like all your opinions on my light for the tent, i have a TGL-Star 60 LED and i wonder if its to weak, what do you all think?

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Baffe, I'm no expert on lighting, but 60w seems low. Check this out: https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...-the-best-size

I can't tell you when to flip to 12/12: it depends on various factors in your grow environment. I wait till week 6 or 7 of vegetation before I flip. You won't get much yield if you flip now.

When you do flip her, you will probably have to come up with some plan to stabilize the long stem so that she doesn't fall over. Eventually she will be very top heavy and off balance, I'd assume.

Hey alltatup! I also feel that 60w is a little low and if i compare the balconyplant with my girl in the tent then the balconyplant is growing alot quicker. But its really happening things in the tent and she is bushing out and filling up the space so i think that i will run this grow with this light and then replace next grow with this https://www.mars-hydro.com/buy-mars-...s-for-for-sale
                  What do you think?

I will add some new pics from today so you can see how she looks. And yes i will stabilize her when i switch, gonna do some lollipopping and add some bambusticks that you put on the sides of the fabricpot for support on all sides, it will be good

Not much more to report, we are in week 3 now of veg and i keep to my water/feed schedule which is every fourth day when the pot is almost as dry as the desert and weigh nothing and it seems to work fine.

Any thoughts or suggestions just let me know and have a great day
                  Last edited by baffe; 08-24-2021, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    baffe, make sure to read the article on light because the one thing I do know is that without enough light you will grow mediocre weed at best. Light is really the food cannabis needs to grow phat and sticky. I don't know anything about the Mars Hydro lamp. A good place to know what buyers think about lights is AMAZON. I see it as a very good resource for reading the reviews that customers leave about products.

She's looking AWESOME!!!

• baffe
                    baffe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey alltatup, how are you today? Weird that we seem to have our own little forum but i dont mind at all having a one on one conv with you hehe, love your knowledge and support that i get

I read the article and some reviews and from the manufacturer and they all say that this light i got is good for 1 plant and should yield around 1-2 Oz which is totally fine since i am no big consumer and this run is really an experimental/learning/making mistake run. Next week i will buy the SP-150 since the reviews are thru the roof with this light and maybe i exchange the light before flowerphase or untill next grow. I have some plans for the next grow hehe.

I think i will make the switch after week 5 and remove all lower growth and put up a net that she can grow thru and have support also since she is so long (50cm today), you think this is a good plan?

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey baffe, it's a great day! Hope you and yours are all well.

She is really looking good, so I think your plan is a good one. And I certainly could be wrong about your bulb: like I said, I don't know jack about lights. When I started growing 5 years ago, I decided to go with BCNL grow boxes because I had no idea of how to put together a grow room, and I wanted stealth. So I let BCNL do all the work--which is why I didn't learn about lights. But I do love my LED Cobbs.

And here's the place to post your questions, because often the newbie questions get lost in the shuffle, but this is a group that really cares about supporting newbies:

You will get a lot more input from these folks, among which I am included!! ;-}
                    Last edited by alltatup; 07-22-2021, 10:29 AM.

Hey alltatup, i am doing wonderful, have vacation now so couldnt be better! And the grow is moving along so good. I have some new pic for you. Last sunday i flipped to flower and also put up a net as i said and just two days later there were so much progress

First two pic is from last sunday and the other two pics are from yesterday, enjoy!

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	527822

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	527823

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	527824

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	527825
                  Let me know what you think and if i should do anything different.

Thank you very much for that forumthread that will be really handy later on. I wonder is it ok to msg you privately if some question pops up later? I do think this light is just perfect for one plant, it do seems that way so far and the flowering phase is moving along also but i will replace the light for next grow because either i will use a much bigger pot and do some heavy training on the plant or i will use two pots side by side so i am pretty sure this light wont cover the whole space as good as it does for one plant like now. I am thinking for next run to grow Northern Light Auto just to get a feel how that is like, any thoughts on that? Its so hot and moisty here now so i am keeping a close eye on the temp so im actually longing for growing in the winter and i can have the tent closed up and still manage the temp/humidity.

And how are you and how is your weather now? are you growing atm or in between? Have a wonderful day man and see you soon.

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey baffe, Wow, she was ready to TAKE OFF!!! I love it when you get the plant good and primed for the switch to flower, and the stretch is explosive! She looks awesome. That stem is something else!!!!

I have never grown autos myself; I prefer photoperiod plants for various reasons: I've seen too many tiny autos that just don't seem worth the time or money to grow. I know that's not true of all autos, but I just don't get the shrimpy plants. I also prefer not having any ruderalis genetics in my plants, and I just enjoy the whole photo growing process and my interaction with the plants. I like to make the decision as to when they are ready to flower.

You already know this: try to keep grow room as cool as you can during flower. And as dry. I had to invest in a 50-pint dehumidifier because my climate is quite humid much of the time. You don't want to take any chances with mould-creating conditions. A lot of folks don't realize how much they're going to have to spend to fine-tune the environment and create ideal conditions. I always say, This ain't no cheap hobby!!

For the first time in 5 years, I have no grow going. I just had my house appraised, so I shut everything down and covered it up so they could look in that room. I'm also trying to plan a visit to friends in Texas: I literally have not been anywhere in 5 years because of my grows! But I'm not much of a traveller anymore and I'd prefer to be at home anyway. It feels really weird not to have big green girls growing. I may scrap the trip and start a grow!!

Feel free to PM me any time!!! (I'm in the Southern US: where are you?)

Haha thanks alltatup! She is really having a growthexplosion now and its so fun to follow it day by day. Yesterday i water and fed her for first time with bloom nuts so we will see tonight when she wakes up how she liked that. I have put the day/night cycle to 06-18 sleep and 18-06 wake just because it is so humid right now but it will pass soon and then it will be colder and drier here. I am in Sweden so we just have like June-Aug when its really warm and humid but so far it is manageable and i am keeping a close eye on leafs and smelling the dirt for mold as long as the weather is like this. Is that the best way to notice mold, to smell it?

I am not sure if i want to go auto, i do wanna try this strain Northern Light and it seems the seeds for it only are Autos but i feel more like you with photos because you have total control then and i can take my time to form the plant the way i want, as i understand you have a very narrow window to do that with Autos and also if some problems arise you have to be on it right away, feels to me a lot more timeconsuming.

I try my hardest to obey by two rules. 1. Less is more. 2. LITFA

Its so damn fun to do this and i am really curious what the end product will be hehe

A question for you: Is it possible to grow two plats in same pot? Like if i have a 36L pot or more can i plant two seeds in it or is it not a good idea for their roots to mix?

Have a great day man

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                    TOKABIGONE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pssst, hey baffe, alltatup is a lady! Thought you might want to know. ;<)

• baffe
                    baffe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh my lord.... I feel like a real jackass now hahaha. So sorry alltatup! Since i am no american i have no idea if that name is gender specifik but now i know, thanks a bunch TOKABIGONE

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    TOKABIGONE Hahahaha!! Thanks for calling me a 'LADY'!!!!!!

baffe Not a problem at all!!! Actually, my name is because of all my tattoos; it's not a girl's name. I teach at a small university and when students see me for the first time, they say, She's all tatted up. So that's where I got it from.

One of the things I like about cyber relationships is that none of that shit matters: we're colorless, genderless, bodyless!!!! We're just BRAINS with typing fingers !!!!!!!!!
                    ;-)

Hey alltatup! Been gone a while but vacation is over now so back to the grinder... How are you? My girl is doing so good, she is in week 4 of flower now and i will get some pics so you can see the development. You are so right about cyberfriends, nothing matters we are just signals

Have a good day!

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    baffe All is well here; getting ready to start teaching next week. Can't wait to see pics!!

Welcome, I am a newbie also and I will tell you that the expert advice is outstanding here. It’s an invaluable wealth of information . Best of luck on your grow!

Comment

• baffe
                    baffe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey LissaLou, thanks and you are so right, these veterans sure have alot of knowledge and i am trying to be as humble as i can hehe
                    Do you have a grow going yourself? You can follow mine here and i will add some new pics soon also of how she looks now but everything is going really smooth and she is so beautiful.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X