Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baffe
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks alot! Yeah i was thinking myself that its probably two more weeks. I have a great loupe that Alltatup recommended and i can see real good that triches are still pretty much transparent and the hairs are still like 50/50 white and brown and most of them are not curled in. i will look again tonight at the triches and see if something has changed, the process is moving pretty fast now But then i think i will start to flush now or is it to early you think?

• Going2fast
    replied
    Looking good baffe. You are getting close. I would say another week or two. Hard to see the trichs but the hairs haven't curled up yet.

Leave a comment:

• baffe
    replied
    We are in week 8 now and i took some new pics this time in the dark to try to see better. I have the loupe that you recommended now alltatup and it is amazing and i can see very clear now if the heads are clear or cloudy and my estimation from yesterday is that most triches are still very clear. Can you determine from these pics how many weeks approx i have left? I wanted to start with the flush when its like 2 weeks from harvestday and i cant really tell myself. It is a mix with white/brown pistills on each bud but i would say mostly brown hairs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto 2021-09-13 11 58 47 (2).jpg
Views:	159
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	536171Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto 2021-09-13 11 59 17.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	536172Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto 2021-09-13 11 59 03 (2).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	536173Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto 2021-09-13 12 02 29.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	536174

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    You have to distinguish between the trichome head before it gets full and looks like a mushroom head, and after: https://www.growweedeasy.com/harvest

Deciding when marijuana is ready to harvest is still a fine art, but methods may be improved as cannabinoid testing continues to advance.

You start to notice the subtle differences after lots of practice.

• baffe
    commented on 's reply
    So you are looking for triches to be most milky white?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Looking awesome!!!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    baffe No, I don't go for couchlock, never. But I want to make sure that the THC is at its peak ripeness; sometimes the weed can be too "racey" if you harvest too soon. So I never wait for lots of amber triches.

• baffe
    replied
    OK time for some new pics taken tonight!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto 2021-09-01 19 59 21.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	534160Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto 2021-09-01 20 00 24.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	534161Click image for larger version

Name:	Foto 2021-09-01 19 57 52 (2).jpg
Views:	171
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	534162

Leave a comment:

• baffe
    replied
    alltatup That was a great post you did so thanks again for your knowledge! I have ordered BelOMO 15x Triplet Loupe Magnifier. 9mm (.35"). In the meantime i go by the pistills and right now its a mix with white and brown and they are all standing right out. What i can understand about when you harvest it sounds like you are looking for the "couchlock" effect? I will harvest one bud at milkywhite to try it out and then wait for a mix with milky/amber. Will take some new pics tonight so you can see how she looks now, buds are starting to fatten up hehe love it!

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    baffe It took me a few years to stop harvesting too early. This post may help you with how to get used to trichome viewing: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...chomes-clearly

It takes practice to see when the trichome heads really swell up and kind of hang over the stalk: practice, practice, practice. I like to see all the brown hairs (pistils or stigmas) nice and dark and curled in, shrivelled, not moist; that's one thing. I like to see very few clear trichomes, not a lot. I like to see a few amber triches, but I don't like a lot of it. You get to this place where you look at the bud and it's not changing anymore; it's done, it's baked!!!!

Leave a comment:

• baffe
    commented on 's reply
    Ah ok i will look that one up, thanks! And what do you say about when you harvest then?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    baffe I have found that a 15x belomo triplet loupe gives me the clearest view of triches: much better than a 10x or a 20x.

• baffe
    commented on 's reply
    Hahaha yeah i really hope so! She is looking so good and i tried to look at the trichomes with a 30x loupe but it was really hard. The hairs are mostly white with a few orange ones and they are all standing right out so we have atleast a few more weeks. When do you usually harvest, all milky white or mix with milky and amber?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    baffe's gonna get big buds, baffe's gonna get big buds....

• baffe
    commented on 's reply
    I think i figured it out so if you have problem in the future check if the filesize is over 8mb, it seems to be a hard cap that you cant post pics over 8mb. I just reduced the size of the one pic i couldnt post and the other pic was 7,55mb and that worked.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X