No announcement yet.

Outdoor Grow 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update….my last Fastberry was ready and looked fine, started trimming her and saw fuzzy stuff deep inside her buds, tossed it. So far I’ve lost both Fastberries, 1/2 of a GSC auto, a bunch of nugs off another GSC auto and I just removed the first brown bud off of the Gorilla Glue auto. All of these plants have been under cover with two fans on them since the storms started brewing last week but it’s been so humid it doesn’t matter. Wake up every morning to a thick fog and everything outside is wet. The Banana Kush buds are just now starting to fill in so hopefully by the time they thicken up it won’t be as humid. Fingers crossed

FYI for anyone curious about how the Fastberry growing in Miracle Grow did…it was healthy throughout the grow, no deficiencies or nute burn, just a healthy plant. The buds however didn’t thicken up like the other Fastberry. Could just be the plants, who knows, would need to grow a few more to see. That’s not going to happen though. Unless there’s an apocalypse or something to force me to grow outside I’ll spare myself the heartbreak moving forward

Comment

• Smoklahoma
      Smoklahoma commented
      Editing a comment
      Hate to here that, that really sucks! I put 3 extra seedlings outside just to remind my why I built our grow box. Too much heart and soul and emotions involved to get shit on in the end. I thought about building a screened in area with greenhouse panels on top with some fans in it. Just to take advantage of the free light. Who knows, maybe some day? Right now I'm digging inside where I run the show!

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s like a reoccurring bad dream to cut a different bud off everyday. Especially this close to harvest. I’ve thought of building a cover, kinda like a pergola only with a plexiglass roof and lots of fans fir airflow. But that’s time, materials and money plus it’s outside in the south east so you’ll still have the crazy humidity. Yea, ima indoor pot grower

I feel your pain. Autos just don't dig heat and humidity. Haven't run fast berry inside yet but it's on the list. My servicing 3 outdoor are chugging along. Snowcaine reeks and is showing signs of maturing already. 6 weeks into flower already. G13 Hase is about 3 weeks in and freakshow is about 2 weeks in.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210814_103401893_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	5.80 MB
ID:	534763Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210904_122011091_BURST002.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	5.69 MB
ID:	534761Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210904_143127033_BURST003.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	5.19 MB
ID:	534762
      Attached Files
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Luv that Freak!

To stop the daily heartbreak I cut down and tossed all the autos. Now I’m down to two outside plants. A Banana Kush with tee ball bat sized colas I’m hoping wont rot as they turn into baseball bat sized colas.

Decided I’d show the little Bruce Banner plant I experimented with. First pics of her, wasn’t sure she’d turn out. She was a little late to the party but starting to fill in nice. She’s been outside her entire life. Sprouted July 4th, gave her 2wks in a cup then moved her into 5 gallon pot on 7-20. Topped above 5th node then spread her out a little. She’s needed little care

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well our summer is the opposite hot, dry. So i would not feel like a failure it's not for the folks who are unattentive to the grows being in a hot,humid an rainy summer. I would not grow outdoor an count on it for my only resourse of weed. I know you don't do this an was just trying out outdoor grows. It's gonna be a battle here soon for me with bud rot i fear, very warm nights. Had gusts of wind last eve knocked over plants, i set them upright an secured them i'll check on them when it gets light out to dark to see any breaks? Yep i'm glad for only 4 outdoor big gals. Get's to be a test of nerves feels like the older i get, less i want to fuss with them.

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        A test of the nerves is well put! Lol. I’ve always known outdoors was more challenging but good night!!! Much respect for the dedication it takes from those who do this battle yearly

Lookin good 👍sucks to hear about the other ones 😕.... I still have the little duckfoot auto outside it is just a little Christmas tree plant but is starting to stack on some fat
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks like a little " wizard" MeEasy

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        Hahahaha it does! Cannabis the Great 😂

Just cut a couple nice buds off the Banana Kush, until now it’s been spared. This is breaking my heart. If she wasn’t so damn frosty I’d just throw the whole damn plant over the hillside right now and spare me the daily agony

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man! Good thing is I can just walk inside and feel better. Bout to go harvest one now but damn it sucks! Lot of TLC down the drain. I feel bad for the people who have to deal with this every year. What a gut punch, tend to your grow all summer knowing you’ll likely loose some, most or all of it 😱

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. Two or three buds every three days. Sucks. Thinking of tossing it but it smells so good. About a month away. Just want something to finish.

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        That’s exactly how those autos were doing me. They were all within 2wks of harvest 😢

Dig into that bud in the second pic, it looks like what I am seeing here, hemp borers. I am picking off at least 3-4 buds ever day to these damn things, dig in and kill the worm.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        I pulled it apart yesterday but didn’t see anything inside. I haven’t sprayed it since the last time I gave her a haircut. I’ll do that tomorrow morning

Early morning Banana Kush pics. It’s been very comfortable the last few days. Mid 80’s during the day and only into the upper 60’s at night with low humidity. The current forecast has similar weather the next 10 days with little chance of rain. Fingers crossed they’re right and it last 3-4 wks

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Man that's pretty structure on her beautiful

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love that plant. We have upper 80's and 90's for the week ahead with little or no chance of rain, after raining all dang summer. The humidity will be hanging around for another week. My AC was running during the night last night, set at 71.

It was a beautiful morning, the forecast today was mid 80’s and mostly sunny with very little chance of rain. The humidity has chilled recently so no pop up thunderstorms. But as I type this and screenshot the current forcast, it’s a f’ng downpour outside on my last two girls I’ve managed to keep dry so far 😵‍💫🔫
      Attached Files

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        Same thing happened to me yesterday. Weather people said less than 15% chance. Left them out for the day, and it poured all afternoon. WTF

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        On your 'nana kush?

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        Im sure we aren’t the only ones bitching at the meteorologist lol

Yea man, the Nana got drenched. The sun came out for a bit afterwards but like Bowhunterwoody said, WTF

There’s no humidity and no rain in the extended forcast for what it’s worth. Hopefully they can mature properly. All the tris on both plants are white, barely any clear but no amber

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here with mine. Just went out this a.m. walked thru the dewy grass checking on them. Took 2 lower branches for a indoors trich check. All cloudy on peanut butter breath she's the one gonna finish hopefully within the next 7-10days. Suppose to get some drizzle on monday maybe some rain? Under cover they will go, it's getting zzzzzzzz now and impatient for it to end. Loving how they look and amounts look real good for how short they are, getting heavy with bud.

They're lookin good 👍 happy n healthy glad to hear there's no rain over there... I'm not so lucky we're supposed to get rain all week and I'm concerned for duck of course it's a week or three away from harvest, I'm probably going to strip the leaves off and keep an eye on it
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what i did yesterday MeEasy big defoil on my oldest outdoor floppy. Lots and lots of yellowing on my 2 furtherest photo plants. They know the end is coming. Thank you summer and fall for a real decent outdoor grow. Forest could use the rain, but the weed crops are bumper

May the forces be with us all these next couple weeks lol

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Dear Mother Nature please allow me to harvest without mold an budrot this fall. We thank you for the rain you are now giving us but please be gentle with us growers.

• gbauto
        gbauto commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm afraid that bridge has been crossed here...
        Even with a hoop-house and ventilation, the constant wet weather is reaping havoc on my 3 girls.

I went out this morning and duck was just soaked to the bone and it stopped raining at around 9 last night. I decided to trim it up for better airflow and found a small spot I'm pretty sure was rot and a few caterpillars. I trimmed it up better than I do before jarring my buds 😆 I'm gonna watch it closely but leave it out there as long as I can to see if it will finish up. It's not a very impressive little thing anyways but still hate to see it go bad
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        Oh man! Hopefully not too bad

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        It was just a little spot like the size of a nickel, I cut it out and washed my hands n shears with alcohol then sprayed close to a pint of peroxide water mix. I went out and checked it just before the sun went down and found another caterpillar on it.... I have a feeling it will be cut down very soon

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        I’m thinking this weekend myself. Afraid to keep going

Anytime I see a brown leaf I freak the F out now but I looked her over and we’re good…have to remember it’s the natural process not just bud rot ….it’s been getting down into the 50’s at night, still no amber but we’re solid white with nothing clear that I can see so I’m thinking Saturday morning will be a good day to harvest just to be safe. Saturday will be day 56 from first sign of flower. She’s lost a few big tops, a bunch of big lower nugs and I had to cut one cola off at the base….I’ll feel blessed to get whatever I get off this girl
      Attached Files
      Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 09-28-2021, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        Yea it’s definitely a challenge, we’re limping across the finish line but hopefully we’ll finish lol….if I was to grow outside again I’d have to have some type of shelter with lots of fans to keep them out of the rain and help combat the humidity

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        It sucks I remember all the plants you started with and how pretty they were, so if I lose little duck it's not that big of a deal especially compared to your loss. I went to take another peek a little while ago and I saw brown inside the bud and went into a panic lol it was pieces of leaf I cut yesterday, I thought I got all that off guess not

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        I’ve done the same thing the last few days lol yea all those autos just went ripe at the wrong time. Their last few weeks we got hit with storms from the tail end of a couple hurricanes along with the typical August humidity. Not a good combo for dense buds

Banana Kush 56 days from first sign. About 20% amber. Starting on her this evening, hand trimming the tops and spinning everything else.

Comment

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations 🤩 🥳 happy for you at least you were able to save one

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X