No announcement yet.

Lets Grow Trees 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the plant thats hanging now, I find a praying mantis in the house. I reached for it and to my surprise it jumps into my hand and looks up at me. I take it outside and to the Bruce Banner 4, held it up to the plant and it crawls onto the bud.
    The yard looks empty without all those big autos!

Comment

• Floopydoop
      Floopydoop commented
      Editing a comment
      I. Am. SO. GD jealous can't even english right.

I would if i had your problem DeadlyFruit i'd spray late eve or early morning. Not too consentrated mix then give it a shake on main stalk.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a plan - that’s what I’m going to do!

Spraying done. I needed a dang step ladder! There is definitely some bud growth visible now beyond pre-buds so I expect that will be the last time I can spray them before harvest. I really am ridiculously proud of the height but unless I get like 2 lbs per plant I may take steps to limit that height next summer. Needing a ladder to manage the top third of the plant is funny but means it won’t get inspected as often.

(the white stuff everywhere is just diatomaceous earth which I like to spray occasionally on the soil to keep away the fungus gnats)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2EDA049F-E470-4FE2-8378-1ADBC6703EE0.jpeg
Views:	274
Size:	4.27 MB
ID:	531288

Attached Files

Comment

• amy24
      amy24 commented
      Editing a comment
      They look like Christmas trees! 😍

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice Christmas trees, I had to top my Christmas because of bore worms.

Drag it over a couple feet and you can tend it from the roof! LoL! If it stretches you might have to..
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      I can clean the gutters while I am at it. Multi-tasking!

I grew a monster jack herer 3 summers ago as tall as yours if not more. I had to super crop the top 2 ft to fit inside the garage we layed it sideways drug it in it was huge. Took till mid oct. to finish it drug it in an out of garage daily and it did finish and i waited for cloudy an amber mix. I also think i took branches more mature than others and left the rest to ripen further. Do to many of those monsters and work full time was kinda bothersome. But young folks got more energy to work these bigger plants. Folks think it's easy growing giants but it's far from it. And doing some breakage did not slow it down at all.

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      I can totally see that. This has been fun but it is indeed more work. I’m going to be watching the harvest numbers to see if it was worth it from that aspect. Do you remember how much the JH harvest was?

I know i had 8 wide mouth jars full of dryed cured buds. And trim well i froze 2 quart zip baggies of suger trim and mini buds for making butter. I would guess nearly a pound?

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

K I’m just posting galore but, let’s grow bushes? Two plants in this pic, stretching them out to keep them short has turned them super bushy…hopefully I’ve done the final stretch but I do have a dream of reaching that lattice…
      Attached Files

Comment

• amy24
        amy24 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s so exciting!!! 🤩 I always appreciate your positivity!

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        amy24 Very nice bush you have there.

• amy24
        amy24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks 😊

What, if anything, can you do at this point to restrict a plant from getting much taller? This one is about 6'4" (planted in the ground} and is peeking over the top of my fence. There are a couple of trees that block it a bit from sight, but it could outgrow them before it's through.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m not sure there is any way to restrict it from growing further but your other options are to super crop it or use LST to bend it over a little more gently. You could also build a privacy screen between it and the fence line (or extend your fence upward another foot or two using that wooden lattice stuff). A more simple thing you could do is disguise it - go buy bright plastic flowers and attach them here and there to your plant - people don’t expect something that looks like a giant daisy bush to be weed. I would honestly be worried more about smell than sight if you are concerned about your neighbours. Once it goes into full bloom it will stink up your neighbourhood (unless you chose a low smell strain). Hard to confuse the fabulous smell of a weed plant with anything else.

• amy24
        amy24 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with DeadlyFruit if you look up at my pictures in the post right before yours, that’s what I’ve done. I see you have that wire mesh behind the plant. I put a circle of it around my plants with a wide berth and then tied the tallest tops of branches (bending gently) outward. I used soft Velcro ties as twine can cut into the plant. This allows all those little branches to get more sunlight and reach up. I’d also probably top that tallest branch a bit, but that’s personal preference.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I am with them, bend her over and tie her down, she will luv it. Do be gentle as at this age they do get brittle and will break if you go to far to fast.

Can't believe it. Was defoliating and spreading the biggest white widow and noticed some spotting on the leaves. Got out a loupe and sure enough spider mites. Tried two doses of iso first at 25% then 40%. Didn't help. I think they liked it. Even cut a branch and went behind the shed to spray it with "Seven". No effect. Ordered some Lost Coast but it won't be here until Saturday. Thinking about cutting it. It's about 50 ft from the other two and they look clean but I'm sure they're probably contaminated with eggs. I tend all three consecutively every day. Very disappointing. Its about 3 weeks into flower and the buds are really stacking. Man what a bummer.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I have used ISO for spider mites, I run 50/50 mix and spray every other day as it wont kill the eggs. And you must get it on them, it kills from contact. Good luck with the borg!

Ok all y'all, I found something to help with stink bugs, but not where to buy them, or IF I can buy them. Does anyone know where I can find and purchase samurai wasps! These are tiny little things, check this out

Comment

Went out and took a bunch of blurry pics, 'cept these 2. The Black Domina BB3 cross gave it up (sativa dominate by looks), I was told these were highly bug intolerant and would get eat up outside. Looks like they were correct. I spread all purpose floor around the girls so the hoppers can eat it (and then die), the second pic is my view of the plant standing under it.
      Hot and dry continues, no rain for me, even the spring is now just a puddle. The water pig tank has a leak, it was full of water and not leaking when I drained it to do this with, crap! I'll have it for next year anyway, for now the trash cans hold enuf to keep the soil moist. Of course the tree does not get any of it, it must do its thing without my help.

Comment

• soonboomer
        soonboomer commented
        Editing a comment
        Hottest day of the year so far here in OKC. Not much relief on the way according to the 10 day forecast. At least there is a decent breeze.

IDK what to say, tragedy, bugs have pretty much killed the Sour Tangie White Widow cross, I cant catch them there, damn, just damn. I may harvest as she has amber trics, and with the bugs eating her faster now than she is growing. Time to cut my losses with this one, and for next year, unless this is some outstanding bud, I wont grow it again.
      And Wild Thing was blown over yesterday, a hard gust from the west and she broke over just above the ground. She has never been feed, nor watered, only what falls from the sky and what is under her. No PHing, just tossed the seeds on the ground and kicked dirt over them. I guess it will be easier to measure her to see how tall she was. She is also very sticky, I may put a larger patch there next year. Grasshoppers are a problem though.
      Since I cant get what I want I am experimenting, the Blue Dream BB3 cross was thin and wanting nutes. I picked up 2 sacks of over ripe bananas, ate a few while the others became very dark and runny. Then I put them around the plant and covered them with about 8" (or so) of soil. The buds have started swelling, I'll do more 'nanas next year.
      The Black Domina BB3 cross is doing ok, a bit of a bug magnet, the sativa dom one was killed by bugs leaving those that show Indica dom.
      The BB4 IDK if I have time to feed her some 'nanas, but that may happen tomorrow.
      Its still HOT outside, not 100's but close enuf, RH has been low and nights have been cool (upper 50s, low 60's), may get a few drops of rain Wednesday but I aint counting on it!
      Time to go cut down the STxWW, bugs you get no more of it!

Comment

• amy24
        amy24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Aw sorry for your loss!!! Pretty amazing they are all so resilient under those circumstances.

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        That sucks hard. The wind was blowing so hard here yesterday that I went out and rigged up support lines on my plants. They are big enough that they are like sails. The wind was almost doubling them over and I was afraid they would either snap or uproot.

• soonboomer
        soonboomer commented
        Editing a comment
        The wind is still pretty gusty here today, and temps are around 90. But, the humidity is low, so I'd easily take 3-4 more weeks of this.

Snowcaine is done. Gave her the chop yesterday. She shed most of her leaves on her own. Ran low on nitrogen 3 weeks into flower so I just let her cruise. Will amend the soil more next year. Not a big producer but a breeze to trim. Some of the dankest weed I've ever grown. Smells like strawberries and skunk. Did find a few small spots of bud rot but I would say this strain is good resistance being as hot and humid this Summer has been. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210912_102315579_BURST001.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	5.47 MB
ID:	536191Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210912_102219132_BURST004.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	536192Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210912_102158712_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	536193Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210912_161004022.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	536194
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Luvely plants!

I am watching Wild Thing very closely, they are again telling us we have rain coming, but I dont think it will make it here. IF it does, or looks like it will, I think I'll take the big buds from her and try a double harvest from her. I may take buds that are now under others just to stay ahead of bud rot. I did take a look with the 30x, milky and a few amber so it wont be a total loss. As of yesterday it has not wilted, so it may do something IF we have time.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Rumor has it we will get rain in Oregon over the weekend......i've only got the 4 plants in pots to worry about. One i already stuffed in the greenhouse she takes up all the space, other 3 will be dragged under a carport already blocked off an area so deer can't get to them. Since i'm now on my own for the a time i'm not gonna set up a canopy over them just move them in an out of rain.

Good luck with the rain, I got none, not even a sprinkle. Looks like we will have hot weather until the day fall arrives, then we drop 10* on the high end and drop into the 50s at night I heard the words "Dust Bowl" on the propaganda. Myself I expect changes, I think Death Valley will become an ocean again, maybe in the next 20 years it will start to refill.
      I did the deed on the Wild Thing, better safe than sorry. Nice sticky smelly, now IF there is time for a double harvest, that would be cool.
      The last few days I have been finding huge grass hoppers on my plants (and a few stink bugs), they just set there while I pick them off and remove there guidance systems and release them back into the wild.
      Things that have helped, all purpose floor spread on the plants around the grow (while the dew is on). Spinosad sprayed on the ground and plants (dusk) around the grow (not on the girls) helped a lot, this thinned them down. In the fields I cut the johnson grass that was near 10 feet tall so the birds can find and eat them.
      My new to me toy is a Kubota L345, this thing out mows the ford 3000 by a long way, no more fords here! BTW that ford is not really a ford its a New Holland, the New fords are Chinese, beware.

Comment

• Floopydoop
        Floopydoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Curious about "release their guidance systems". I usually just stomp on them.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Some might not like it if I said I pulled their heads off, LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X