Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Good news on the whispy hairs....I bet you'll see some at the bud sites by the time you get back.

• VBBassBlue
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Jeff JeffInCanada .... I see some wispy hairs at the nodes, but they've been there for weeks.... I'll take another look tomorrow to look a little more closely. Will be going out of town for a few days, and can't wait to see the difference those few days make at the current growth rate...

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    I know what you mean about pistils or new thin leaves at the bud sites...I wonder the same most grows when waiting for flowers. Yours look like just leaves though...so far. Do you see any preflowers hairs down by the nodes, near the main stem?

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    I can't tell if these are actually pistils, or if they're just soon-to-be leaves...About a week and a few days into 12/12.... I swear the girls are growing an inch a day! This is when it gets exciting, I think!

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good in there! Someone just posted about a bowl trimmer...Keep up the good work.

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    Pic from today... 5 days after 12/12... and really starting to stretch... trying to keep them even under the lights is a time-consuming task, but I kinda dig it.
    Starting to look at bowl trimmers, even though we're still a good 8-9 weeks away from that I think... trying to leave them alone (vs trimming) for another two weeks (trim at week 3 after shift per tutorial)..that's harder than I thought!

Leave a comment:

• VBBassBlue
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you much, Jeff JeffInCanada . Always appreciate your good words... a newb like me always appreciates hearing that they're doing OK from someone who knows what they're doing, so I appreciate it! Very curious to see what happens in these next 8-10 weeks. And I'll be keeping the CalMag going with the Bloom, I think... of course, if everything turns crazy yellows or something, I'll re-evaluate...

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Looking real good @VBBassBlue
    You're doing great. Good idea to list "lessons learned" every once in a while...I do the same. I do not think any of your listed "lessons learned" will cause this grow much trouble. I think that you're going to do very well. My opinion is to keep up with the Cal/Mag during flowering but I am not familiar with the Dyna stuff.

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    Just some grow pics to commemorate 12/12 Day!

Leave a comment:

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    Made the switch to 12/12 starting today.... let the games begin! With a 60" tent, just a little nervous about the potential growth and consequences of LED lights being too close, so thought we should get to it... will bend and limit height as best as I can.... a few things learned already in these past 6 weeks; 1) don't mix sativa and indica in the same grow... 2) use the same pots for all plants in the tent, vs one large, one small, etc. Will use 3gal fabric pots for the next cycle.... 3) Get a taller tent. I think I have done fairly well with the training/shaping...like quick-growing bonsai! Now let's see what the next 8-10 weeks brings...

A question for the Pros.... have been using Dyna Gro for the Veg stage with Cal/Mag... will now switch to the Dyna Bloom... but should I continue with the Cal/Mag in this stage as well? would think so, and Will search through the tutorials again, but looking for advice here....

Leave a comment:

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    Wasn’t happy with the single KingLED1000 light for the entire tent, and thought that when these go to 12/12 and hit the stretch, that single light might not be enough. Problem solved.. bought another! I think the lighting should be set now for all three plants the rest of the way.... and to think initially thought 4 CFLs were going to do the trick.... I thought also got another in-line fan... have a 6” with an 18” filter exhausting, but have now added a small 4” as an inlet, stealing some a/c from the vent to keep things cool... starting to almost feel like I know what I’m doing here! Now if I can just keep the canopy even for another few weeks so I can hit the 12/12 about right...

Leave a comment:

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    Just putting this out there, as it’s not a terrible problem, but puzzling to me, and maybe someone had some insight...
    My two Blueberries (Bella and Beatrix) both germinated within a few days of each other, and have been in the same environment their whole lives. Both are working on natural (apical) node 6. Yet Beatrix is a little under 4” tall, and Bella is about 10.5” tall.....Is that typical? Assuming the same difference/ratio will exist during flowering stage?

Leave a comment:

• VBBassBlue
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, JeffInCanada ! Now if I can just figure out these Blueberries!!

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good, you have the idea of it for sure...Marjorie's looking very fine!

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    Was having a hard time visualizing the manifold process with this plant ( I don’t think “spatially” very well), but I think by following Nebula’s tutorial step by step, I’m starting to see the light!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X