Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBBassBlue
    commented on 's reply
    Tersky That's probably a more feasible explanation! Good to know! Whatever the cause, I'm happy to see it, and hope the two Blueberries can catch up to the Blue Dream in time for the 12/12 switch.

• Tersky
    commented on 's reply
    More than likely the roots were still filling out pot. Usually when repotting or with newly started plants there is a period where it grows in height very little and this is because it is stretching out the roots to fill the pot. Once the roots have filled up the plant growth explodes.

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    Update!! Feels like someone has hit the accelerator in the last few days, as both Bella and Beatrix have really gained some mass and height seemingly overnight... could it be that I’ve shifted to full strength Grow and CalMag nutes? So far, that’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it! Marjorie has been topped initially, and about ready for second round to complete the manifold base... at that point will let her do her thing.. up up and away! Still Planning to quadline Bella and just lay Beatrix on her side just to see what comes about....
    enjoying it immensely!!

Leave a comment:

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    Ok.... so a day short of 4 weeks from “seeds wet,” and Marjorie has been topped, and doesn’t seem to have minded it too much... waiting for the growth tips to produce a fourth node, and will then top those at the third and remove second, starting the manifold system. So excited!! Heh.. doesn’t take much with me, I guess... The two blueberries (Beatrix and Bella) are doing well, but fairly slow compared to the Blue Dream... primarily sativa vs primarily indica, I guess? Either way, will try to keep them as close to the same growth level as I can to produce the tabletop effect we’re all looking for.... having a great time with this!!

Leave a comment:

• Catfish22
    commented on 's reply
    Happens all the time!
    We just put some sort of risers under each pot as needed to maintain a flat canopy so each plant can be the same distance from the light.

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    Ok... so valuable lesson learned... when multiple plants are in the tent, ensure the pots are the same height due to where the primary lights need to be positioned... sounds like common sense? But I wasn’t bright enough to figure it out this go-round!! Got it for next, though...!

Leave a comment:

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    More or less as a journal for my first grow, Marjorie at 2 weeks and 1 day after poking her head out of the Jiffy pod. KingLED 1000 at 22", feeding DynaGro at 1/2 strength and a CalMag at 1tsp/gal. The two Blueberries are slow germinating/moving, but starting to come alive. Feeding BBs 1/4 strength DynaGrow until a few more leaf sets arrive...Planning to manifold Marjorie (per Nebula's method), quadline Blueberry 1, and top/LST Blueberry II to experience the different methods..... Using coco coir (2/3 to 1/3 perlite). At this point, feeding every other day. Lux meter coming in 2 days to ensure correct lighting being transferred at the leaf level.

Leave a comment:

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    That's an upgrade Good luck.

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    Just a quick update.. shifted from the 2 CFLs to a KingLED 1000 sitting about 18” from the top... she looks happy, I think!

Leave a comment:

• Earlygrower
    commented on 's reply
    I have a 2x4 tent as well with a sf1000 and a viparspectra p450 LED. I was being cheap with lights at first and am already looking to replace these.

When you say 1000 LED, you need to look what it actually pulls from the wall. My SF1000 pulls about 100 watts only.

FYI- I typically grow 3 plants in the 2x4. The 2x LEDs work but I will upgrade soon.

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure about the 6 inch deep pot that is 24 inches long. It may work just fine. Try both, put one plant in a 3gal and the other in the "long pot". See what they do.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Cool beans welcome to kindergarden LOL

Leave a comment:

• Farmbuck
    replied
    Welcome ! Bienvenue ! Bienvenido to the family !

Leave a comment:

• VBBassBlue
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!

• VBBassBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by Earlygrower View Post
    Welcome and looking good so far. I’d imagine you’ll want to invest in lights soon.
    Thank you, Earlygrower. I have my eye on a 1000 LED... do you believe that's enough for two plants, or should I look into either the 2000, or maybe just 2 each 1000's daisy chained for correct spacing?
    Last edited by VBBassBlue; 05-04-2021, 05:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X