LST Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LST Training

Hey so this is my first grow and all the lst training guides I've seen look nothing like my plant, they're all tall and mine are short but bushy and I'm just not sure how to go about using LST techniques on these, I know that you want to make all the branches kind of level however at the top it seems hard to do that as they're not very maluable, hopefully you could suggest some ideas or tutorials on lst training for plants like this it would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!
    Attached Files
    Current Grow: 1X Mimosa Evo - 1X BCN Critical XXL
    Medium: Atami Coco substrate with 30% perlite mixed in 1 gallon fabric pots until 3 gallon transfer

Space​​: 3 foot X 3 foot X 6 foot lined in pandafilm

Lighting: Mars Hydro TSW2000 at 20 inches away using dimmer to control light output

Nutrients: Shogun A+B, Vitamax Calmag, Shogun pK 9/18, pH up & down

Average Room Temp: 22°C night - 25°C day --- 71.6°F night - 77°C day.

Average RH: 50% - 80% in seedling stage, 50% - 70% in vegative stage, 30% - 50% in Flower

Methods Used: TBD

You are a little bit too late. I start LST when they have the 3rd node.

Comment

You definitely need to lay them colas down. Just be gentle since she’s bigger the may need some slight supercropping but they should’nt be woody yet

Comment

You don't need to lay everything over at a 90°angle all at once. Over time gradually adjust until you get to your end point.
        On your next grow, break apical dominance early and go from there. I find my plant nodes and stem are more pliable
        (metals are malleable) and less turgid just before a water cycle.

Comment

quirk has the right idea.
          I've found that using a foam-covered wire soft tie to tether the branches allows you to develop a broader, more squat canopy.
          On indoor grows, that's the most efficient use of your lamp's footprint.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I agree with the above. Next time you should start earlier while they're still bendy. It's still possible but you have to be a little more careful so you don't split any stems at the base or snap them in half. Here's a few of my ladies for some examples of just being tied down and after a couple weeks of growth. The after pictures were also right after a heavy defoliation. I always learn something new every grow so they just keep getting better and better.
          Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X