Spots are getting worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Spots are getting worse

Growing in soil and week 5 after switch to 12/12.
    Temp and Humidity have been high these past few days, 80/85f and 60rh. Plants are not under or over watered, ph is 6.5 according to strips. Usually water nutes every few days and regular ph in between. The only thing ive done recently (past week or 2) is add gh series calmag, bioroot, and flora blend. My light level is fine. I have another growing in coco coir next to it and it has no issues. These brown spots startes on the mid to lower leaves and seems to be working its way up and the leaves are getting a yellower color, maybe around 10 leaves. Noticed on one of the bigger fan leaves a more bigger spot. Not sure what im doing wrong. Seems to be only on the inner leaves of each stem. Could the plant be eating them for bud growth?
    Attached Files

I have another growing in coco coir next to it and it has no issues. this tells me its your soil try adding some nutrients to it ,the other thing is fungus knats or other pests ,try looking in trouble shooting problems
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Yes the plant will eat leaves to get what she cant from the soil/medium.
      Did this start with the new nutes?
      Are they both the same strain?
      It reads to be a root zone issue causing lockout. See the "Plant Problems" link at the top of this page.

Comment

Can you post some photos in normal light? That would help.

Comment

A big mistake made by people who grow in both soil and coco is that soil has to be fed more and they'll try feeding them the same. I know you don't use fox farm but it is the only schedule I have downloaded but look at the two and compare the ppm recommend for them. The first one is soil
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Tedtheclown
            Tedtheclown commented
            Editing a comment
            Big difference. Im dreading my first grow 😆. The nute schedule was off since i gave them life, learn from mistakes. Hopefully my next journal will be of some use.

Here are a few pics with normal lighting, they do look a bit lighter? Because of the nute burn, i went light on the N. I flushed it a bit and will start a new feeding schefule. I have never dealt with planty that is picky as my sister. Time will only tell, making adjustments tomorrow for my grow space, will let you know how it goes. Im going for organic super soil next as this nute feeding throws me off.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm willing to bet you got root issues due to ph being off. Spots like that show up quick with root problems. Your gonna wanna nip it in the bud sooner than later.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

It almost looks like manganese def. my ph for runoff is always 6.5. I do agree with a root issue. I have a solution, will let you know how it goes

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Correct the environment......meaning pot size, soil and what's in it, proper lights nothing will change until this changes.

Agree it’s clearly a root issue you got.
              maybe too much salt build up in the medium
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

A good PHed flush and some VooDoo juice would be my route.
                5x5 Gorilla tent
                Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                Technaflora nutes
                Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Small pot, who knows how big roots under are

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                    CaptainWiese91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The reason why I use 40L pots, I don’t have to worry about roots hehe

• Cunjo420
                    Cunjo420 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @CaptainWiese91
                    I am germinating 4 seeds of Skunk XL, and 3 seeds of unknown name but I smoked the buds and it was amazing, look. smell and high. Now I will probably keep 1 skunk XL and 2 of unknown seeds for this year grow. About pots... I am going hardcore and putting them directly in the ground outdoors will be really hard keeping them safe but Ill take the risk

• CaptainWiese91
                    CaptainWiese91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have always been doing outdoor grow. Normally just autos because of the danish weather, but here now in Portugal I’m going to make a 20-23 plants outdoor garden this summer.
                    Half may be photos and the rest autos.

Are you going to dig a hole and use store bought soil? Or do you have some nice soil in the garden you can use. ?
                    I like the pots because I can move my plants from one side of the garden to the other side, gives a little more mobility

Update, i had to take the chance and transplant! Either deal with a plant getting worse and loose the harvest or make it right. What i did was cut the bottom of the pot out very carefully and put it in a way bigger pot (lesson learned on pot size). No sign of root rot, no bad smell. They didnt seem too root bound like ive seen before, i think it was drinking too much water because the soil had been depleted and that explains why i had to water often. Hope it didnt stress too much. I mixed the medium with coco and perlite, would you just feed plain water for a few days or is it safe to add nutes? And which nutes would you do first off? I was thinking about making some fish meal and seaweed kelp tea.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Cheap ass meters. No wonder im going in circles. Time to order a few decent ones
                    Attached Files

Comment

How they looking today Ted? Any better?
                    5x5 Gorilla tent
                    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                    Technaflora nutes
                    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

No sign of shock, i think its actually improving! Past 2 days ive given it gh flora trio nutes with calmag and some fish meal. The cool temps this week will be a plus. Will shoot some pics tomorrow. Im wondering if also dropping the N down 2 weeks ago had anything to do to it also. PH runoff past 2 days is 6-6.5. Ive been feeding til i get a good runoff, about 2 liters of water is going in and ill say i get about 20% runoff. Im glad i changed to a bigger pot. Keep ya posted

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                        oldjarhead100 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ted the ph range for soil is 6.5 70 7 and coco is 5.5 to 6.5 ,take a look back in show your grow I had huge problems with not rinsing my coco out enough from last grow as well as my water system not giving enough water to get runoff from a couple of plants , when I was watering by hand I had to flush about twice a grow and I would take a 5 gallon bucket put a plant saucer on it with holes drilled for drainage ,put a riser on that and plant on top ,I recently found that if you run a gallon or so check runoff ph dump if bad then do it again and again and again but eventually you will see stable numbers again good luck

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X