Bloom Stretch??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SensiStarship (Sensi Star x Island Sweet Skunk) x Blueberry

This is day 16 of bloom, the plants were 13 inches when I flipped them and are now 23 inches. They have also started to produce buds. I really didn't expect them to grow this tall, this fast. If they continue at this pace I will have to some how raise my light. Tallest plant is only 16 inches from the light now... Still having fun with them though...

Click image for larger version

Name:	va1jBq9.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	498574Click image for larger version

Name:	hcHg20R.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	498575
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

Comment

• MuskieMan
      MuskieMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SoOrbudgal, Yes I understand, I can get another 14 inches higher by tying the light to the top of tent from the rods that support the light... Will give it a few more days to see how much more they're going to grow before raising them... What is the best height above the plants?...

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Look at them go!!! Wheeeeee!!! 👍

Correct light height is set by your plants. It’s better to err on the side of being a bit too far away. Keep an eye on the growth and watch for the plant to say if she needs the lights moved closer. If one single kola starts getting too close, it’s better to bend over that one, instead of raising the lights to the detriment of all the others.

• Ejay
      Ejay commented
      Editing a comment
      I drilled 2 small holes in the top of my tent for the "pulleys" attached to my lights. I can now raise my lights to (almost) the full 7ft.of my tent height.

This is day 20 of bloom. It doesn't look like the plants have slowed down their stretch yet, hopefully they will soon. Buds are starting to develop nicely and the leaves are still a dark shade of green. All girls for sure... Really getting crowded in the tent...

Click image for larger version  Name:	gHAHlu6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	492.6 KB ID:	499661
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd say that net is barely holding them in good strong stems and pretty green all around.

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good.
      A second layer of trellis will help with floppy colas.

Day 24 of bloom. The tent is filling up fast but I do have a lot of bud sites starting to show nicely. Approximately how much longer do I have to go before I can expect them to be ready for harvest??? I think that it might be time to do a lot of defoliating???

Click image for larger version  Name:	8NvWOpj.jpg Views:	0 Size:	511.9 KB ID:	500671
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• Cheeba
      Cheeba commented
      Editing a comment
      50 days or more until harvest.

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Hard to give a prediction.
      Most of the strains I've run take at least 8 weeks before I think about chopping them.
      I wouldn't do any defoliation to them yet.

Day 28 of bloom. It looks like the stretch is slowing down, the plants seem to be putting more energy into producing buds. You can actually see some resin forming on the lower part of the buds...

Name:	t3th6dr.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	446.2 KB
ID:	501666Click image for larger version

Name:	mL8smTj.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	501667
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
      JeffInCanada commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good MuskieMan, this is the exciting part, watching the buds get fat...maybe move that net up, when the buds start to pack on the weight they are going to sag over (it's really a good problem). If you can't move the net up maybe you can figure out another way to support them. You're doing great...they start to smell wonderful at this point too! Have fun!

• MuskieMan
      MuskieMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey JeffinCanada, I have a lot of buds below the buds at the top of the branches. Will these be producing as well? Are these what they call popcorn buds?

• JeffInCanada
      JeffInCanada commented
      Editing a comment
      MuskieMan, yup, that's where the popcorn buds come from. They will produce but of course will be smaller because of less light down there. Some growers cut them off below a certain level trying to put the plant's bud-making energy into the top buds but I think you should leave them for this first grow. They will give you an idea of how much they produce. It will give you a better idea for next grow if you want to remove some of them below a certain level at early flowering. By the looks of things your going to get a great harvest. This is also the time when leaves start to yellow or other things pop up. Don't be too worried if you see something.

Day 32 of bloom, it looks like the stretch is over and the buds are starting to fatten up nicely. I don't know what kind of harvest that I am going to get but for a first time grower it looks good to me... The plants are really sucking up a lot of water, 2 litres twice a week per plant, humidity at 50% and temp at 78 F. Should I be about half way to harvest???

Name:	2KAnTWZ.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	490.7 KB
ID:	502881Click image for larger version

Name:	M5n7ozI.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	502882
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      How pretty they look MuskieMan yes approx. 1/2 way. Then add more when that day comes and don't be surprised when they just look cloudy in the trichs. I'm finding certain strains just don't go by the description it's way off. Thank goodness no more stretch boy that took along time to stop.......i guess ya never know?

MuskieMan , you are looking good. Plants are still nice and open but if you were to do any defol, now would be the time, but lightly! Just a few fan leaves here and there to remove some shade from the lower buds. Not too much tho, you have a ways to go. Continue with whatever bloom nutes you are doing and maybe some unsulfered molasses, otherwise leave them alone to do their thing from here on out.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Day 36 of bloom, buds are starting to fatten up, no problems other than they are taking lots of water. They are taking 2 litres of water twice a week at this point. When should I be thinking about flushing the plants? Leaves are still a nice dark shade of green with no hint of any getting yellow yet...

Name:	FFVGw90.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	523.7 KB
ID:	503863Click image for larger version

Name:	aDlrqBC.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	503864
      Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        They look great.
        You’re still a few weeks away from flushing. All those white hairs....you can start flushing when about 60% of them are brown and shrinking. More importantly, keep an eye on the trichomes and watch for them to start turning amber color. I think you are at least 3 weeks away from the start of the harvest window.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Not for another month your getting impatient no where close. Slow down and enjoy the smell LOL

• MuskieMan
        MuskieMan commented
        Editing a comment
        You're right SoOrbudgal, I am impatient, but I have learned patience is the best tool that I have... Also since switching to Flora Nova nutrients things have gone by the book... Just now I am starting to prepare some plants for an outdoor grow...

MuskieMan Have to agree with others, your a month away. What is going on with this one leaf? It's pointed the wrong way
      I marked it with an arrow.

Name:	image_135032.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	523.7 KB
ID:	503944

"That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL good eye GreenState

• MuskieMan
        MuskieMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't know GreenState, will have a look, not too concerned...

Hello GreenState, no problems, the leaf was turned around from leaning against the side of the tent...
      Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Mystery solved . I didn't see it as a problem, just caught my eye.
        At least you know people do look at your pictures closely(g).
        Enjoying watching the last of the snow melt out of my yard. Although now I can see
        all the blow down crap. I swear when the dead branches come off the ash trees, they stick in the
        ground like spears. You wouldn't want to get hit by one that's for sure.
        I can also now see the 4 cord in log length wood that needs to be cut up, split and stacked.
        Thinking it may be time to have a new heating system installed. If electricity was cheaper here I'd be tempted to add
        a heat pump. But our power is expensive! 1000kwh in florida costs about $100/month. Here, I pay that for under 500!
        In fact I just paid my bill $99.93 for 461 kwh...@$0.16859/kwh , plus the added fricken fees
        Last edited by GreenState; 04-04-2021, 06:56 AM.

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's cheap! I wish my bill was under $100! My last one was almost $400 because of the grows and running my heaters lol In all fairness though, I have 5 tents running with a total of 2400W worth of lighting.

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        dphipps1020 It's only cheap because of my low consumption

Day 40 of bloom, buds are continuing to fatten up and are starting to get very sticky. Some of the buds are starting to get a red tint to them... Have to check my watering every couple of days, taking a lot of water. Approximately 20 days to harvest

Name:	nAUu4o8.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	522.2 KB
ID:	505062
      Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

Looking good MuskieMan Ya, they really drink the water at this point. They are working up a thirst from fattening all them buds up. I bet that they are starting to smell good too. You're going to get a great harvest!!
        Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
        I like weed and science.

Comment

They are looking better and better as flower continues and I can only imagine the smell! A year ago I had a serious inner ear and sinus infection which ruptured my right eardrum. Since then I have lost my hearing in that ear and also my sense of smell, go figure! This is a real bummer as I'm in the 7th week with buds fattening and trichomes all over but I can't smell a damn thing. I know they must be very aromatic by now but I can't tell. I don't have anyone nearby who could smell check for me that I trust. I just now remembered that I used my exhaust fan thru veg without the filter in place and have never installed it since. I'll do that tonight when the lights come on. For all I know the neighborhood may reek of cannabis.
          Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 04-06-2021, 01:34 PM.
          Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
          Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
          Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
          Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
          Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
          i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
          My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
          make pH correction unnecessary
          Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
          8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
          Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
          Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• MuskieMan
            MuskieMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey TOKABIGONE I have the same problem, I suffer from nasal polyps and it robs me of my sense of smell. My sweet girl has a nose like a bloodhound and she says that my grow smells heavenly. I to wish I could smell it, not to worry I will try it myself in a few weeks...

That's a really nice.grow MuskieMan , very impressive.

Comment

• MuskieMan
            MuskieMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Hammer53, after all the problems getting started, wrong PH, wrong nutrients, and too much watering, I got it straightened out with some help from people on this forum... Biggest thing that I have learned is patience and a little knowledge goes a long way...

Day 40 of bloom, I might cut and dry some of the small buds beneath the canopy and give them a try... What do you think? Getting awfully sticky...

Click image for larger version  Name:	tpatj8W.jpg Views:	0 Size:	427.9 KB ID:	505578
          Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes they do get sticky and i do when i'm low on weed prior to harvest i'll take those small immature budlets to mix with my cured weed. Enjoy

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd wait, even for a sample. Those still have a ways to go, probably 3-4 weeks I'd say. Would be pointless to try now because they haven't even come close to maturity yet. You'll be much happier with the results if you wait. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Day 44 of bloom, Buds continue to fatten up nicely and resin is starting to get all over the small leaves near the buds. When I harvest do I cut those resin covered leaves off?

Name:	LsLY0xW.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	537.3 KB
ID:	506134Click image for larger version

Name:	aYalG0v.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	345.9 KB
ID:	506135
          Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Depends how well you want those buds groomed? How close you want them to look like dispensary spinner weed? You want it finer than frogs hair close? And those are looking fine give them time.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X