No announcement yet.

Bloom Stretch??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 48 of bloom... The buds are really starting to fatten up nicely... The pistils are starting to change colour and bend in toward the bud... On one of my plants the pistils are turning a red colour, not concerned but was wondering if this was normal. The plants are all the same strain... Watered with nutrients this morning, will watch and consider starting to flush next time...

Click image for larger version  Name:	mJLuaGm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	503.0 KB ID:	507258Click image for larger version  Name:	FfwdlCQ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	521.0 KB ID:	507259
    Last edited by MuskieMan; 04-14-2021, 10:49 AM.
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhhh interesting never saw that pheno color so soon

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Are the buds feeling tight? Looks like you have a bit to go yet.

Day 52 of bloom, buds are continuing to fatten up and some of the pistils are turning brown, some are even turning a red colour. I think that I have about 2 to 3 weeks before harvest. I think they are almost ready to start flushing with just water... Still having fun...

Click image for larger version

Name:	0XD96LH.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	510.5 KB
ID:	508453Click image for larger version

Name:	rrT4EEH.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	356.3 KB
ID:	508454
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

I used to go fishing around Minocqua WI but I never caught a muskie. Plenty of northern pike, but no muskie.

Comment

They are looking better and better as flower continues and I can only imagine the smell! A year ago I had a serious inner ear and sinus infection which ruptured my right eardrum. Since then I have lost my hearing in that ear and also my sense of smell. This is a real bummer as I'm in the 8th week with buds fattening and trichomes all over but I can't smell a damn thing. I know they must be very aromatic by now but I can't tell. I don't have anyone nearby who could smell check for me that I trust. I just now remembered that I used my exhaust fan thru veg without the filter in place. For all I know the neighborhood may reek of cannabis.
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterMatanzas View Post
          I used to go fishing around Minocqua WI but I never caught a muskie. Plenty of northern pike, but no muskie.
          Hello Peter, I used to fish Wisconsin a lot around the Chippewa Flowage. Caught some nice Muskie up there... Now I am in Ottawa ON and fish the Ottawa River... It's a Muskie factory...

Name:	JlS52Nt.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	508463

Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
            PeterMatanzas commented
            Editing a comment
            now I have envy

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Muskie, Have you tried around Kettle Island in front of Manor park ? I hear some have caught some nice ones.

Pic from the Florida keys, fishing trip to Dry Tortugas, but I live now in the Blue Ridge mountains and never go fishing at age 68. I have a slight paralysis in my left leg from a stroke two years ago so the steadiness is not there anymore. Falling is a real bad thing for old people.

Name:	258702_2161583639992_5559613_o.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	508468

Comment

• MuskieMan
            MuskieMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello Peter, I am 73 years old and have 8 grandchildren anywhere from 17 to 32 years and they all come fishing with grandpa. They also take care of this old fart... That looks like a nice pile of Snapper...

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Man we fished the Keys 6yrs ago best times great fun. Sat a the bar at the end of a street watching the folks out on the Island. 50mi from Cuba

• panalilies
            panalilies commented
            Editing a comment
            Blue Ridge Mountains in NC? I have family that lives in Asheville, its beautiful over there.

Day 56 of bloom... Buds continue to fatten up and get longer, most of the pistils have turned brown and are turning into the buds... I figure about 2 weeks to harvest, any opinions? Would like to get some close ups like Farmbuck, something to work on next grow... I am using a printers fine glass and the trichomes are all milky white...Started my flush today...

Click image for larger version  Name:	dpyx49Y.jpg Views:	0 Size:	484.9 KB ID:	510062Click image for larger version  Name:	DslkLvv.jpg Views:	0 Size:	440.6 KB ID:	510063
          Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• HobbitGDF
            HobbitGDF commented
            Editing a comment
            They look great. Very pretty. I dont know what to say about due date. Trichomes tell all .
            great job

Day 60 of bloom. pistils are 90% brown and turned in toward the buds. Buds look to be still getting a little fatter and longer, could be my wishful thinking. Will do one more flush and might harvest next week. Any opinions greatly appreciated....

Name:	GqgloK0.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	459.6 KB
ID:	511167Click image for larger version

Name:	CrdAc0G.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	425.0 KB
ID:	511168
          Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice frost! I'm a novice but I know I would wait a bit longer, depends on what you're looking for from them.

• PeterMatanzas
            PeterMatanzas commented
            Editing a comment
            It's always a decision that takes me awhile; what kind of affect do I want. If day 60 of flower, when did you start that count? At flip or a week later? SoOrbudgal has a good point about leaf yellow, there is none. It's as if the plant hasn't fully realized it's winter. I'd go longer, probably 2 weeks maybe more but I go way too long too often.

Can't see the trichomes. I'm not comfortable without looking at trichomes with a jeweler's loupe. Clear trichomes -> racy high. Cloudy -> in between. All amber -> couchlock. This works for me but maybe not for others.

• JeffInCanada
            JeffInCanada commented
            Editing a comment
            Hang in there just a little bit longer. They look great!

Some strains don't yellow. Go by the trichomes. 90% brown. Ive never gotten 70% brown when I was trying. The bending trichome is new to me .Love to hear more. Based on how you figure day 60 these girls have 2 weeks none to barely a yellow leaf. Ive grown 70 strains in 7 years and Im probably dead wrong lol. But it would be the 1st. Good luck and drop me a line on the trichome bend.
          I grew some Indica heavy and the leaves reminded me of an Evergreen bush my mom had in Ct. They refused to yellow or even look mature. I purposely left one growing bc the trichomes got milky and only 60 % of them. It was 90 days after I let them stretch (10 days) I cut all but one. After another 40 days at best 30% brown and minimal yellowing. Piney aroma a little harsh. Ive seen a lot of irregularities in cannabis and learned that soil is forgiving. Mywife loves the runts. Savedthe unsavable.
          Last edited by Emomajic; 04-27-2021, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Sometimes I'm wrong enough, with my comments above about leaf senescence (yellowing). My plant pictured below was harvested this a.m., there's very little leaf senescence. It is ready though, a bud was cut off days ago, dried, tested, it is very effective medicine. I need again to pause before I spread misinformation because ... (above) I am arguing don't cut it there's no yellow.

The pictured female is a cross I made, it is a Dr Grinspoon X Clown Royal (the male). (Breeders: Barneys/Second Generation respectively.) The plant pictured below is harvested green, and ready. There are no cookie genes in this plant, and no blueberry genes. Most of what I've grown lately has blueberry genes. I bring up the blueberries and cookies because my experience is: there is pronounced leaf senescence (i.e., tons of colors, yellow, red, purple) in cookie and blueberry strains. Emomagic 's point about some strains don't show leaf senescence is correct and I was wrong.

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	511391

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
              PeterMatanzas commented
              Editing a comment
              I was thinking about that too, I think it's more at day 50 and has 2 weeks to go, maybe more

EDIT: reason why I think that, is many breeders say their days-to-end-flower is X days after flip but there's a duration of time for transition s/he doesn't include. Let's say a grow begins:

Day 1 germ; Day 50 flip; Day 60 end transition. Now begin flowering day count at day 1. I might veg the plant 5 weeks or months but I'll start the flowering day count 7-10 days after flip. If all of a sudden there is a proliferation of flowers, start the flowering day count. This works for me maybe not someone else.
              Last edited by PeterMatanzas; 04-28-2021, 02:07 PM.

• HobbitGDF
              HobbitGDF commented
              Editing a comment
              Peter that makes alot of sense. I've also read that somewhere. Day one flower dont start at the flip. That's when I count but know it's like week unless buds already formed (like my jolly rancher gelato clones)

• PeterMatanzas
              PeterMatanzas commented
              Editing a comment
              I just looked at a seed packet and it reads: Flowering Time: 60-75 days. Nothing else. And we are not blowing smoke, Hobbit. If I attempt to read this article I don't get very far. It just illustrates that a plant goes through a transition process to flower. There's a duration of time in transition.

ADVERTISEMENTS: In this article we will discuss about the process of transition in flowers, explained with the help of suitable diagrams. Reproductive apex exhibits plastochron size fluctuations during the development of floral parts/primordia. The apex may widen and become slightly flattened. In Liriodendron the apex becomes conical and elongated. Smith (1966) reported the horizontal and […]

Day 64 of bloom, picked up a jewellers loupe and the trichomes are all still a milky white. Will check them closely for the next week until they start to show some amber. I did harvest my smallest plant, this one I christened the Runt, it did produce some weed. The rest of the plants are doing great, buds are nice and fat and seem to be getting even longer...

Name:	wPkxadd.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	505.9 KB
ID:	512010Click image for larger version

Name:	f8WtgK1.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	426.0 KB
ID:	512011
            Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              There ya go MuskieMan waiting pays off. These are all lessons we need to keep reminding ourselves of . Just cause it gives a general time line on flowering does not mean they are " ready " keep doing what your doing till you see what you want. Great looking grow

• MuskieMan
              MuskieMan commented
              Editing a comment
              I am learning SoOrbudgal. I had one plant that was the runt. I am chalking it up to a half assed seed. It was always smaller than the other plants, when I switched to flower it was only half the size of its sisters... I am curious, would you say that it probably the individual seed??? Or just a bad start???

Day 68 of bloom, Sorry no pictures today, not much to see... I picked up a jewelers loupe and WOW can I see the trichomes now... Upon inspection with the glass I found that most of the trichomes are still clear. I did notice that there was a little milky white showing on some of the buds... I also noticed that a lot of the leaves are turning yellow and some of them a little on the black side.... After trying a sample of the weed I found it to be very strong and the smoke a little harsh... I might leave it until the trichomes get to the amber stage. I have been told that it would make the weed a little less potent and not as harsh a smoke.... Anybody got an opinion on this, it would be greatly appreciated....
            Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't say if there's too much of a difference with the potency or harshness but if they're not milky then you'll want to leave it for a little longer.

• homegrown
              homegrown commented
              Editing a comment
              I always let them go till i see some kind of amber starting, it starts early on the sugar leaves so you can start checking your buds after that. A few amber here and there is probably when you wanna chop. I personally wait till i see a nice color change. and your taste tester...how long did you wait till you smoked it? |f you just let a bud dry out and burn it...its probably not gonna taste very good...possibly nasty. And if its too early might give you a real shitty buzz. Past experience LOL

• Catfish22
              Catfish22 commented
              Editing a comment
              It's the dry and cure that will get rid of the harshness.

Day 72 of bloom, Finally the trichomes have changed to milky white, I can see lines of pure white all over the buds. With my glass I can see that 80% of the trichomes are milky white. I was beginning to wonder if they would ever change.... Will give it a few more days and start chopping them down... Thanks for all the advise from the nice people in this forum... Muskie Man
            Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
              JeffInCanada commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck with harvest. You did great so far! Let us know how it goes.

May 24, 2021... Harvest complete, don't know if I got a bumper crop but for a first indoor grow I am quite pleased with the results.... I got five 1 litre jars 3/4 full of dried weed.... I have learned a lot from the first grow and thanks to the help and advice that I received from the nice people on this forum. I had some trouble getting started and had a few problems which may have stunted my yield but I learned not what to do and will do better next time... Thanks again Muskie Man

Name:	XCkbAbU.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	463.9 KB
ID:	516743
            Attached Files
            Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
              JeffInCanada commented
              Editing a comment
              YOU did great MuskieMan First grow or not, very good results! Good luck with the outdoor growing!

• MuskieMan
              MuskieMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks JefinCanada, I really enjoyed it...

• Catfish22
              Catfish22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good job! I would be pleased with that harvest.

Hey panalilies, I just topped the plants a few times...
            Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X