Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloom Stretch??

SensiStarship (Sensi Star x Island Sweet Skunk) x Blueberry

Since this is my first grow I have no idea what bloom stretch is. I have decided to make a photo record and share it on this forum. Will take a picture every 7 days and post it here. I am sure there are other growers that don't know what to expect either...

Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

It means that your plant doubles, or sometimes triples in height in the first 2-3 weeks of flower. You'll see more height each day and it is usually pretty noticeable.

Comment

Hey MuskieMan are you able to reach back into that tent to lay those branches under the net? That one there in the back is already looking like it needs it.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MuskieMan
        MuskieMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey SoOrbudgal, that branch is inside the net and I can reach everything in the tent. I did some defoliating before flipping (lots of branches) but could probably use a bit more as it progresses.Before flipping I took a couple of cuttings from the one in the top right. Going to try a bonsai mother...

Sometime they triple the height depending of the strain.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• MuskieMan
        MuskieMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Farmbuck, if my plants triple in size, I am in trouble.... might have to trim them down a bit... Muskie Man

If you take a pic every day, you will have a better appreciation for “The Stretch” when you look at the pics.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Looks real good in there so far MuskieMan Nice and green. It may get a little crowded in there, you're going to have lots of branches. So, if you are in doubt when defoliating don't be shy to chop something off. I'm happy to follow along with your progress. Good luck!
        Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
        I like weed and science.

Comment

Holy Moly MuskieMan are those autos or photos? Thats a lot of plants for a 3x3 tent. Either one, their gonna fill that tent up in a hurry. I just flipped my photos to 12/12 about 2 weeks ago and they have stretched 5-6 inches. Im expecting they'll double that in the next week. Your plants look healthy, good luck. And where you getting those muskies? I fish Lake St Clair and Erie.
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Tent
          Bruce Banner
          Kushy Kush
          2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Sledrock
            Sledrock commented
            Editing a comment
            I keep a daily log of my grows progress,

One thing I do is measure the plant's height Before I switch to 12x12 and another measurement of plant's height After it finishes the stretch (Usually around week 4) so I know (for future reference) how Tall to let a plant grow Before switching to 12x12 so I can control how close it gets to my light. (the Bubble Gum I'm growing now grew 7 inches After the switch to 12x12.)

• MuskieMan
            MuskieMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello homegrown, they are not autos, and yes there are too many plants in a small tent, rookie mistake.. Will do the best that I can with what I got...

I fished Lake St. Clair a few years ago and got 8 Muskie in 2 days, but that is 500 miles from here... Now I hunt the Ottawa River and the Madawaska River. Best I got last year was 46 inches, but have had them just over 50 inches in the past... Good growing and fishing... Muskie Man

If this continues I will run out of grow space height. In 4 days some of the plants have grown 4 inches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RnYN6mx.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	364.2 KB
ID:	495038

Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

SensiStarship (Sensi Star x Island Sweet Skunk) x Blueberry

Day number 8 of bloom... Wow, you guys and gals weren't kidding, these plants are putting on at least an inch per day. I have continued to defoliate, mostly the top fan leaves to allow the light to reach into the plants as much as possible. Noticed little white hairs at all bud sites, I think that they are all girls... Curious, how are feminized seeds produced???

Name:	CdMXHnA.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	496178

Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• MuskieMan
              MuskieMan commented
              Editing a comment
              I understand pollination, but how are feminized seeds produced??? You just don't pollinate them???

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              We warn ya lollll

• MuskieMan
              MuskieMan commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm learning Farmbuck, I'm learning...

Hey MuskieMan I've never done it but here is some info...
            Ever wondered how those marijuana seed banks make feminized seeds? Learn how to create your own feminized seeds at home using two female plants!
            Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
            I like weed and science.

Comment

• MuskieMan
              MuskieMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks JeffinCanada, that will make for an interesting read...

Most of the strains I've run get flipped when they are about 12" above the lid.
            They typically end up at 36-40" above the lid after flower stretch.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

If you want to reduce stretch I accidentally did it by having the lights too low from inexperience the plants are smart they don’t want to get burned mine only grew vertically 6-8” that said it ended up being a really good thing that growth energy was transferred outward it doubled its footprint and I only had minor light damage on a couple leaves

Comment

I personally don't defoliate anything till day 21 of flower.

Comment

Day number 12 of bloom, all plants are definitely girls. When are these things going to slow down, I feel like I am Jack and the beanstalk... Since this is my first grow, I have learned what to do and what not to do... Should I be defoliating the lower parts of the plants at this time?

Click image for larger version  Name:	9IofIrS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	354.0 KB ID:	497306
                  Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• YYCannabis
                    YYCannabis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Once they slow their growth it’s pretty safe to do more defol. Generally try to avoid it during the stretch.

It's great to see things are actually working correctly, buds have started. This is day 14 of bloom.

Name:	2wbZI3v.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	497908
                  Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes good news to see this, soon stretchy will not be a issue.

• MuskieMan
                    MuskieMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is good that the stretch is almost done, I'll have to figure some creative way to raise my lights. They are at about 15 inches above the plants, but can get them another 12 to 14 inches higher if I have to...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X