No announcement yet.

How many mason jars for harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based off looks I'm going to guess you'll need 8-10 jars. It's always hard to tell by the pictures though. A 12 pack of 32oz jars should be enough I would say.

Comment

• MrPNW
      MrPNW commented
      Editing a comment
      12 x 32 oz. = 384
      4L = 135 oz.
      5L = 170 oz.

So 2-3 of the large jars since some will be in my infinity jars, nice! Thanks

I settle on these. The smaller size (vs 4L or 5L) with the square shape seemed a little more practical. I can even lay it on its side and not have it roll away.

Bormioli Rocco Glass Fido Jars - 101½ Ounce (3 Liter) with hermetically Sealed hinged Airtight lid (2 Pack)

Click image for larger version

Name:	1697D436-2217-4B1C-AC23-0031FAB38FF5.jpeg
Views:	305
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	492403

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

As you can see I used a bit of everything in my last harvest lol. I have the one C Vault for the bulk of the yield. I haven’t bought my jars for the upcoming canning season yet so I used what I had for the rest. One quart jar, one deco jar, an empty protein powder jar, and a gallon freezer bag for the stuff that went into the freezer for bubble hash. It all works 😁
      Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

• MrPNW
        MrPNW commented
        Editing a comment
        They call these flip-top jars fido. I was they made them all in amber glass like they did a 100 years ago. I noticed Ball/Jardin as some in the regular type canning but all the large ones are out of stock and besides I like not having to unscrew a bunch of lids.

Circa 1800s when jars were built like tanks.

Equipment
      1st Grow
      Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        I can recall my Granny putting up peaches and apricots in those type of jars.

• SommerVirelli
        SommerVirelli commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy crap. That’s a jar lol

Holy moly this one is 18” tall 4 gallons.

Equipment
      1st Grow

Comment

So hard to say about yield, but I really wanna know what the results end up being. How much longer till you're harvesting?

Comment

Yeah I'm guessing 13jars
          4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
          1x Slapz
          1x Quikz
          2x red runtz
          1x flo-see
          1x 2B blunt
          1x persian pie

Comment

I use the 2 L size wide mouth glass jars. They come with lids. So long as you are careful with them, can be used over n over.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Have to be careful with the flip top lids or the ones that go in
              then your do a quarter turn to lock in place. They don’t always get a airtight seal even though they claim to be airtight.

Comment

dropinbiking
                I asked the grower Trail Blazin’ when they harvest this strain and they said 60 days. The Subcool TGA Genetics (the breeder) information says 60-70.
                I want the more body relaxed feel that GWE says in the harvest article will be the late harvest and the white hairs 70-90% darken and trichomes amber.
                Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...

Today, Sunday is day 52. March 1 will be day 60. Yesterday I was doing some defoliating and noticed some purple colors showing on some leaves I hadn’t seen before. Most of the white hairs are turned brown. I’m going to take some macro shots of the trichomes to see where we are at. I’m thinking very close and 60 days is still 8 days away!

Equipment
                1st Grow

Comment

Hmmm interesting to know. I know genetics play a big factor, but I'm growing a few fast flowering autos, and a few faster indica photos and I flipped on jan. 6 Like you I've noticed a lot happening lately. Just getting a ball park of when to keep an eye on mine.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X