Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frosty Stems- Anyone else have this happening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frosty Stems- Anyone else have this happening?

Last year's crop was a winner. Now when I pick a bud apart to go in the grinder, I am left with a bare stem that is still loaded with tricomes. Save them up or just toss in the stove? Such difficult decisions. Anyone else having to deal with this?
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

I try to catch all fallen trichomes every tray and grinder has a screen to catch them. But with the trim stuff including the stems you are referring to goes into bags until a big pile is formed. I take it all and put it in the deep freezer for a few hours take out a little at a time and beat the hell out of it over my screened trim tray. Freezing it makes the trichomes brittle and when beat up a little they fall off. Then I use a press to make little nickel size disks and give em out to the kids they love to bong it. I taught them how back when I smoked. There's many other options for doing this and most are probably better in the end but I've been doing it this way for 30+ years
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep that's a simple easy way to collect it great tip MeEasy. Tried and true old style

I guess I'm getting a bit jaded...
    Too much to choose from, so they get pitched in the ashtray.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• MagicMike66
      MagicMike66 commented
      Editing a comment
      My thoughts too. Once you have a good stock of buds you don’t need to worry about crumbs anymore

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I used to have a lot of trim 😂 I made most of it into vape juice, RSO, bubble hash, and infused coconut oil. I have about half a mason jar of decarbed trim in the freezer right now, along with another half jar with alcohol already mixed in (that's been there for probably a month already). I'm running out of things to make and the trim is already starting to pile up again 😂 And the buds hopefully will be again soon too. Got a harvest probably this week, another one about 4-6 weeks after that, some autoflowers that should be done about the same time, and more autoflowers a couple weeks after that. Lots of trim to use and buds to smoke, I can't wait!

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are going to have a full time job with the trimming soon 🤣🤣.
      I have from the last 3 harvest of photos. And about 13 different trim from autos. All mixed in bags in the freezer and this time I’m going to make a real bunch of dry sift hash😎

You can also get a set of bubble hash bags to throw all your scrap in some evening to produce some homemade hash which is a nice addition to a bowl when you really need to leave the planet.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

My original question was a bit tongue in cheek. I have to agree, once there is an inventory of fine bud, the crumbs start to seem irrelevant. I guess it is the OCD part of me that does not want to waste anything. I guess it all comes back to the "lick the bowl" theory and how hard you want to chase the last crumb.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X