Ideal size and quantity of plants in a 4x4 tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideal size and quantity of plants in a 4x4 tent

I grow in a pair of 4x4 vivosun tents. Each tent has viparspectra LED lights. There are 3 lights in each tent, and each tent draws (not equivalent) a total of about 700W thru those 3 lights. I have pretty good airflow, tons of fans. The tents are in an unconditioned space. I can grow fine in them about 10 months out of the year, and they'll stay perfect in the 70s, I just have to avoid flowering in July-August time frame as it just gets too hot, and beyond my control to cool down. So, I have a 10 month window per year from these tents. I just got a couple of other small tents I can use for early stages of vegging, and the 4x4's are primarily for flower. What I'm hoping to do is veg in my little tents and when its time to flower just use the big tents for flower only. That hopefully would buy me an extra harvest a year, or so.

So, I understand its all about g/W of power used, and I'm too embarassed to say what I been getting yet! I've been flowering about 4-5 plants in each tent. I been vegging them for about a month or so before flipping to flower. I been trying to keep them no taller then 4 feet tall, but I'm just not sure if I have the right formula for best yield. I'm tempted to go with more plants, but to flower them earlier....

I'm trying to figure out what is the optimal size and qty of plants I should attempt to grow in one of those 4x4 tents? Should I grow more smaller plants? what size pots would be appropriate? Basically, I'm looking for opinions on how much you would grow in that space for best yield?

I have a 4x4 tent and I grow 6 plants. Any more and it would get pretty crowded once they started flowering. Also they will be a pain in the ass to water once they get big.

Comment

I have a couple 4x4s as well. I would recommend 2-4 max in each. Look into the quadlining technique and the "How I average a pound per plant" threads on here for some good training tips.

Comment

You’re growing the right number of plants, sounds like they’re just getting too tall. 4ft of vertical plant is a lot for any light to cover properly. Keep them low, wide and try to expose as many bud sites as possible. That will improve both your yield and quality.

Comment

I recently upgraded from a 4x4 because of space limitations. I’d suggest no more than 4 plants. A good rule of thumb is to plan that each plant will consume a 2x2 area. Plus you need to allow space for enviro equipment, pumps and fans. You will also need to try to avoid plants being pressed-up against the tent sides as this can be a source of trapped moisture leading to WPM or other issues.*

* Disclaimer: Also depend on if you will do any training and what strains you choose.
          There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
          1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
          2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
          3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

In my 4x4 I have usually 5 plants in flower and 5 in early veg. 4gal fabric pots. 480w from wall
            4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
            1x Slapz
            1x Quikz
            2x red runtz
            1x flo-see
            1x 2B blunt
            1x persian pie

Comment

I just moved into a 4x4 tent I grow a sog style and have 8 5 gallon plants had 9 I lost one it was a male. I grew the same way in my closet before this with success. I manifold the plants all with 8 tops (learned following nebula's manifold tutorial) to keep them more uniform. The tent does make it more difficult to water the back ones, I use a pump sprayer with a wand so it's not to bad
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              👇my one n only journal👇
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• HobbitGDF
                HobbitGDF commented
                Editing a comment
                The SF7000 has UV light too right. The green heatsinks one?

• MeEasy
                MeEasy commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes it does, I have one already but I haven't fired it up yet. I will probably put it in there when I feed my plants this weekend.
                I was supposed to start my C treatment yesterday but the hospital was unable to get the medication for the treatments so they've rescheduled them for Feb. So I don't know if I should start some more plants or wait the near three months to finish the treatment. Here we go again I went through this shit in 2019 with the damn chemo it messed up my whole grow. I'm sick of fighting this shit you know it's just going to come back any damn way

I have 4 photos an 2 autos in my 4x4 it's not pretty when you let them veg. more than 2 months lots of maintenance an training to keep under control. Mine are in 3gal for photos an less than 1gal. for the autos. I just flipped the photos 13days ago i now have pre flower.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

seems about the same for everyone. seems 4-6 is about the sweet spot. i guess it doesn't matter much if you know what you are doing huh....i'm still working on that....

Comment

Based on my experience, 5 would be the max I could fit in a 4x4.
                  4 would be my normal footprint for each plant to occupy a 2x2 space.
                  WHAT???
                  5x5 grow space
                  900w of Vero's and F-strips
                  4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X