What causes twisting/spiraling leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What causes twisting/spiraling leaves?

What causes this spiraling to the leaves? 10 days into flower.
    I searched GWE but the photo dealt with curling like a claw hand. This is a upwards twist or flame spiral.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B511AA28-E74C-4350-B51B-B978BFB2CE32.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	480996
    Click image for larger version

Name:	F9BFFFE3-FEEA-4F85-B6A2-AE5969DC291F.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	480997

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

This is something that is common when a plant begins the flowering stage and I doubt that it is anything to be concerned about. The plants look healthy and vibrant so I would just keep a close eye on them and not stress. Looks like you're doing everything right so far so don't start overthinking things. Nice job!

Comment

Some strains have a slight sensitivity to heat and will do that more than others, at least in my experience I believe that's what it is. Everything else looks good though and it's really nothing to worry about unless it gets worse, like really bad. Do you know what your temperature is? Maybe try a slight breeze under the light to blow it away from the canopy if you can. Seems to help a little with mine. Hope that helps, happy growing!

Comment

• MrPNW
        MrPNW commented
        Editing a comment
        I did increase the dimmer from 70% to 100% and lowered it when starting the flower 10 days ago. Next time I will gradually up the light intensity.
        I moved the light up a little yesterday. The switch to 12/12, lowering it and dimmer level have been all I’ve change so that must be it.
        Thanks

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any time. Yeah it's probably just the little extra heat. Doesn't look like a major issue though.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X