No announcement yet.

Winter grow journal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Kali China girls are recuperating slowing but they are still weak just by the colour of their leaves, at least they are growing. It seems only the Mazar girls are thriving in this environment as for the Kali 47 well they are beginning to be more bushy. This Friday I decide to feed them a full dosage of Cal-Mag to boost the Kali girls. Time will tell hey ?
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

From bad to worst ?? I'm not sure anymore why it's happening only to my Kali strains. I did the flush, my girls are not saturated cause I check every day with my moisture meter. Lately I double verify my PH and it's always 6.3 to 6.5. Temp is always around 24C-26C during light and 18C-19C during light out . Air filtration and circulation is fine. Nurtrients in moderation as recommended by the breeder. So all I did differently is to use for the very first time PRO-MIX organic vegetable & herb mix. Oh yes still can't control the HR, at 35 % during light and 45% during light out. Might as well switch them soon before they died on me.
      Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-28-2021, 10:50 AM.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Fella i just don't know sure looks like they don't like something, i'm no help because i don't change my grow medium much. Dang i feel bad for you.

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        It's ok SoOrbudgal I might as well switch them earlier. It's not light burn cuz the lights are far from the canopy, Not over saturated either cuz the pots are light. So my deduction is not enough nuts or humidity or maybe the new mix. Then winter growing is not the best time for me where I live, you know the frigid cold we have here.

Dang it, I'm guessing the fish stuff or pro mix. I grow in a perpetually dry part of the U.S., my humidity during the winter doesn't generally get above 30%. My Golden Tiger X Panamas (last grow and this one) didn't seem particularly affected by the humidity.

Regardless, I hope you're able to isolate it soon. Us ACE Seeds aficionados gotta stick together!
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• BR2K
        BR2K commented
        Editing a comment
        I imagine your mind has been "somewhere else". Grief plays out in different ways, don't sweat it. Let's hope you're onto something!

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        BR2K You may like this site my ACE grower friend: https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65554

I'm looking at Bubba Hash strain for my next grow.

• BR2K
        BR2K commented
        Editing a comment
        Farmbuck Thanks for the link, I bookmarked the root site as well!

Nothing else to say other than good luck next few days on Monday that would be nice to see them perk up. Bummer winter blues i got them.....
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah same here ...! I'm cold and locked down in count of Covid-19.

Man that blows. Might be worth checking for bugs.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I did and my Yellow Sticky are clean.

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        Just weird. Everything seems to be at standard.

I think you are already on to the issue, since the Pro-Mix is the new part.
      I have had issue with using a soil moisture meter, I was sticking it into a spot that retained moisture. The rest was dry, I dropped the meter in the trash and lift the pots. I have 1 plant now that likes water, she wants it 2-3 times a day, I removed the riser so it can wick up water and now bottom water it every day or 2.
      I have issue with,, perlite! I think it is at least half my problems. Before I added it to my soils the PH was stable (but a tad high), with the addition of perlite my soil PH crashes to ~4.0 by the end of the grow. I have a pot now with no perlite in it to prove this to myself. Heres what happens, the perlite attracts air and moisture, it also attracts the sulfur in the soil and the combo makes sulfuric acid, which crashes the PH. For this on my current grow I am adding wood ash to raise the PH and this so far seems to stabilize the soil PH for now. Once these finish this soil is gone! Another bad for perlite is the sharp edges kills the earth worms which are a huge part of my living soil.

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much Rwise for your inputs, you are right for the moisture meter and I notice the difference in different spots of the pot. My instinct told me to lift one of them and guess what ? The pot was lighter than usual. And yes I did put some perlite like 30% of it even the Prox-Mix had already some of it in the bag. So last night I watered them 3 time the intake and this morning the were praying again..! So will see in a few days. Hope it will stop the yellowing and the brown spots.

If Prox-Mix reduce my PH to a lower level I'm thinking of adjusting to 7.0 to see how they will react.
        Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-29-2021, 08:02 AM.

Darn the girls are showing their white hair, I'm not ready to switch because some of them are still weak.
      Full auto grow

Comment

A sigh of hope the Kali girls are growing again..!
        Full auto grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello and good morning nothing but rain for days and the snow skiers are thrilled with the big dumps they got up in the mountains. Early flower huh? Pre flower well you best be getting close those look pretty bushy from here when are you flipping?

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          If all goes well for the Kali girls SoOrbudgal I might add 2 more wks they need to be more voluptuous before the switch sooo I'm thinking close to the end of February.
          Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-30-2021, 03:08 PM.

They are recovering ?? My Kali China girls seems to have a better tone of colour this morning, they look less yellow and more green. Looks like they are drinking more so maybe it is one of my many problems. This week I'll continue with a full strength of nuts.
        Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-31-2021, 07:47 AM.
        Full auto grow

Comment

• Dieselgrower
          Dieselgrower commented
          Editing a comment
          very cool. good to hear you got it! looking full

Finally !! I don't see any new brown spots and yellowish on new leaves. This is good news non ? This week another full strength of nutrients.
        Full auto grow

Comment

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          Great to hear! Those girls are looking pretty luscious there, killer.

I just switched my Golden Tiger X Panama today, at 15 days of veg. So far, she is absolutely beautiful for her age. ACE recommends the short veg time, to mitigate the stretching and node separations.

Great @BR2K keep me post about your GTXP girl. The next grow I won't put any perlite since the PRO-MIX I used already have some so will see. I'm looking at Bubba Hash and Congo for my next one.
        Full auto grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Good news there Farmbuck. How's the feeding going full strength?

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi SoOrbudgal So far they reacting well so from now on it will be full strength. The Mazar Kush are just loving it. They are exploding with new nodes lolll More nuggets I guess..!

She is a little bit better this morning...
        Full auto grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Man those look like the wild thai i grew last summer, did not know where to start thinning. Bushy gals for sure.

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL Well SoOrbudgal she has a lot of Thai pheno in her.

A sigh of relief ? Well maybe. I notice there are less yellow and brown spots on my Kali. They are growing faster now. The "grow room" looks like a mini jungle so I'm happy for now. The full strength of nutes seems to work so tonite a full dosage of Alaska Fish. HR is better between 45 to 60% now.
        Full auto grow

Comment

They want to move to womanhood but I want to keep them into ladyhood. Well at least for two more weeks. They had a full strength of Alaska Fish last night. Temp at 24C and HR at 50%. From what I saw this morning they appears much better.
          Full auto grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            That's how my gals look and i am allowing them to flower into ladies. Set them hormones freeeeeeeeeeee LOL

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Lollll I'm not ready yet lollll

Finally ?? Well the decision is mine to keep them in veg mode. 1 wk ? 2 wks ? I'll see, so far my Kali girls are reacting well to their food. So far the humidity is between 50-60 which it's kinda good for my vegetation.
          Full auto grow

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve never used perlite actually. Using leca stones.
            But they seem to like what you are doing now. I like your grows, old school strains and the hash making is on spot 👍🏻

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            CaptainWiese91 Well thank you sir..! It might not be the best way of making hash by using the old fashion techniques from the Middle East but hey it's mine non ?

Oh Yeah the reason why I'm growing Mazar Kush for hash making loll

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            I do the old fashion way too. My neighbor country is Morocco.
            I get the finest hash from there, and it’s where I learned the technique as well.
            I never grown Mazar, but heard a lot of good things about the strain

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X