No announcement yet.

Winter grow journal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmbuck, your pots look awesome. Talking of winter conditions, how do you guys usually clean your area, all around backyard? Do you use ATVs for that? I'm just curious, because I've been a lot of resources like this here ( weblink: https://mygardenzone.com/best-atv-snow-plow/ ), and they have a lot of pretty nice blades for that cleaning up.
    Last edited by donald1VB; 12-28-2020, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Lolll nope we have snowblower to clean up the snow.

Let the LST begin..!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Good holiday day to you Farmbuck have you snapped any branches doing any of these yet? I just was doing one of mine yesterday and dang if one did'nt snap, did'nt break off just snapped. It's so short the branch can't tape it but i propped a stick up like a crutch till it heals. Boy yours look great i'll post my pics every 7 days.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Joyeux NoëL SoOrbudgal, nope not yet I feel they are too little... Some don't even have 3 nodes lolll. I'm just using sticks to gently bend them and having the side branches exposed. I'll wait for a while before I get rough with them loll

A gentle LST on one of my Kali China girl
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller

Comment

My last video of 2020.

Full auto grow

Comment

You got yourself a beautiful set up Farmbuck! More of a indoor farm than a closet grow.
        Hope you feel better. Happy new year!
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks @ PLreef and have a Happy New Year !! And stay safe.

After 48hrs the girls are reacting well from their first feed of Ancient Earth. Next week it will be their first Alaskan Fish nutrient but just a half dosage.
        Full auto grow

Comment

Calcium deficiency ?? I would say maybe it is. Right ? PH is good at 6.4, temp at 26.2C, HR at 35%. No nuts so far at week 4 except for a little Ancient Earth from Advanced Nutrients. Maybe they need some nitro sooner ?
          Full auto grow

Comment

Probably correct in your diagnosis Farmbuck - looks great so far - I dig your training methods.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks @Canuck147, she is the only one with a calcium deficiency so I will start feeding her some Cal-Mag beginning tomorrow.. Yeah I'm not gonna do much to them as severe LST just the "bamboo stick" technique because the "room" is already cramped with 21 girls and wife's veggies.
              Full auto grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Hello my northern friend Farmbuck Happy New Year and a tropical trip in the future to you and wifey we are happy and eating many leftovers at our house hee hee. Sorry but i'm drinking Kentucky whisky this evening no Canadian oh........but i will splash some good ol Canada ginger ale it's the best

• Farmbuck
                Farmbuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Lolll SoOrbudgal you crack me up dear western friend..! Same here Happy New year to you and your family, here it's just weird without the kids in count of the pandemic but thanks to the internet we are in touch. Having a good bottle of Bordeaux with my better half and enjoying some good old Kali China from previous grow loll. Enjoy the rest of the evening and stay safe my american friend.

This morning a little bit of Cal-Mag for the girls. Some have a calcium deficiency not much but enough to be alarm. Next week it will be some Nitrogen nutrient for all of them.

For now they are drinking 225ml each per day.
              Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-01-2021, 09:45 AM.
              Full auto grow

Comment

A first video of 2021...

Full auto grow

Comment

After 48hrs the girls are reacting well with Cal-Mag, calcium deficiency seems to be under control. This week a feeding of Ancient Earth and a bit of Alaskan fish
                  Full auto grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Farmbuck how far away from top of plant canopy are those lights?

• Farmbuck
                    Farmbuck commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bonjour SoOrbudgal , I've got 4 lights. 3 of them are 22-24 inches above the girls. The one on the far side of the wall it's just an experiment. It's on for just 6hrs a day at 36 inches above the room. The girls are almost 12 inches.

So far so good... HR holding at 40%+, temp at 26C, girls have minor issues. Nothing to worry about.
                  Full auto grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Morning Farmbuck. i to have 40% this a.m. an 80f. Those 2 autos i got in the red folgers are beginning to show signs of i believe root bound so now i'm watering more to runoff with those and i just gave them their first bloom food today. I think it's a couple of things size of container ( i knew this would be tight ) an they are pushing towards flowering so i gave them a treat. They are not as droopy now. Are you seeing any sweat on leaf?

• Farmbuck
                    Farmbuck commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Afternoon SoOrbudgal. Not easy to maintain a good HR % during winter especially here in northeastern of the country hey ? Well at least I control the temp lolll My Kali girls needs at least 25C (77F) during the veg stage so I'm happy with it. Nope no sweat on them. As you know I water them everyday but I give them just enough like a 5-7 ounces per day. It work for me at least I know if they need more or less. I believe the calcium deficiency is over. Well for now lolll. This week I will begin feeding them with some Alaskan fish nutrient.
                    Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-04-2021, 02:47 PM.

Well that's good news. I removed several leaf off all do to touching an water on leaf. They will love that stinky fish. Mine is not as stinky as that brand must be the guano poo mixed in it. No smell in my catchment trays LOL my family was having a fit
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Just a Wednesday morning feed. Looks like the calcium deficiency is under control... 6 more weeks in veg. Oh yeah a pic of wife basil.

Don't worry I drop some water on my meter, the reason why it shows 71%.
                    Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-06-2021, 06:43 AM.
                    Full auto grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X