Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spider Farmer SF-4000 Commercial Led Grow Light Use Samsung LM301B Diodes Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been looking around and i am getting dragged into the HLG hype lol might just wait like 7 months and save for the HLG 600 RSPEC as shown in this link https://horticulturelightinggroup.co.../hlg-600-rspec nothing is guaranteed but who knows.

the spider farmer looks great but i am the type of guy that goes by this Mindset if i am already way up there in price why buy something that is good when i can buy something great for $200 to $400 more note for Canadian prices the HLG 600 RSPEC is $1,188.00 and the Spiderfarmer sf-4000 is $ 809.99 i am gonna keep a eye and watch for sales etcetera but will this light be too much for a 48"/48"/80" tent.

Comment

Wow that is a nice one no doubt. If you have the means to buy it like you said a few hundred more for that seems reasonable. I think you may have to go with a bigger tent with that light but good thing is it’s dimmable so you can always do that and make it work. My concern is the height because those lights sure are powerful. Have you checked out Buildasoil.com they offer lights aswell and would be very helpful if you have any questions. They also have a tutorial on lights in the new program they are running in www.thebuildasoilway.com it’s a free course and great for beginners and masters plus it’s free. Check it out they claim it’s some of the best lights and I believe are similar to HLG plus they have a sale right now. Good luck and keep us updated on what you end up buying.

Comment

• Shankemdirty
        Shankemdirty commented
        Editing a comment
        Cali If i upgraded to a 5x5 tent would the light be good then? my tent had a tiny flaw so i got it for $80 with a partial refund but it was still mint so i could sell it for $100 cause it is still worth $160 so i could get the 60"/60"/80" for 100 bucks good thing is that i upgraded my incline fan and it has the power to support a 5x5 tent
        Last edited by Shankemdirty; 11-28-2020, 08:29 PM.

Shankemdirty I think the specs on the HLG website says it can flower up to a 5x5 and veg up to 6x6. I’m sure it would be fine in a 4x4 tent I would be more concerned with ceiling height. Not sure how tall you let your plants grow and how tall the pot you grow in is as well. I’m saying the more space you have going up the better with those strong LED. Some strains are sensitive to light burn. Something to consider that’s all. Also I would try to max out on the flowering space so a 5x5 tent would be ideal. Just what I believe maybe others here with more experience on the subject will jump in on this and give better advice?

Comment

I don't know what the exchange rates/import fees are for Canada when buying on Alibaba, but that may be an option.
        The spider farmer is a decent fixture but you could probably get more bang for the buck(Canadian?) with a fixture from Kingbrite or Meiju.
        I run a 480w Meiju QB clone running 3500k lm301b's and 660 mono's in my 4x4 pheno tent.
        I've had it for a few years with zero issues. It was about $330('murican) shipped.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

gbauto any links to those lights? Sounds interesting but I’ve heard some are scams so have to be careful

Comment

Originally posted by Shankemdirty View Post
            Been looking around and i am getting dragged into the HLG hype lol might just wait like 7 months and save for the HLG 600 RSPEC as shown in this link https://horticulturelightinggroup.co.../hlg-600-rspec nothing is guaranteed but who knows.
            I know i said 7 months but i worked out getting it in 3 months super hyped to use it next grow my auto flowers should be done in 2 to 4 weeks i already put it up in with the new out with the old my next grow will be 2 Monster Gorilla glue and 2 Monster girl scout cookies Fem seeds from the vault Monster genetics have high hopes the light seems intense got to adjust keeping the temps right this light is cooler so it does not keep as much heat compared to running 2 VIPARSPECTRA 600w reflector series which is great.

I Also bought a small tent and i am keeping 1 of the VIPARSPECTRA lights as a seedling veg light cause i am concerned the Hlg 600 Rspec light will be too strong
            Attached Files

Comment

😲 😱 I have a bad habit of looking at the pictures before I read the post and I saw that big ass qb and then that little tent I was like is this guy going to be cooking cookies in there 😆 🤣
              nice light you will be amazed after using the vipars
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              👇my one n only journal👇
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Yeah i always felt like my Vipars underperformed and then one of my colas we're like 5 to 8 inches away and seen a solid nug form was like rock hard and all the colas under it we're more airy so the light penetration was really bad and i noticed it really only did good with 1 big plant under each light and the most i have gotten was about 175 grams per plant with only being able to have 2 plants when i put 4 in i would get less.

Now i have gotten good results with the viparspectras but the watts for grams we're probably not worth it performance wise.

The Qb is bigger then the little tent lol even if i tried to put it in it would not fit lol i just bought a small cheap vivosun 24" 24" 48" tent just to get the plants started to handle the Qb in its dimmed state.

Super Excited!

Also using the Qb for the last 4 weeks of the autoflowers wonder if it will do much but next grow is gonna be hype.

Comment

I have refurbished hlg 550 v2 rspec and it is in my 4x4. It flowers it so good. Everywhere. I do have it raised up high cause it is a strong LED. Plus the UV 30w hlg hooks to it.
                  having this light has gave me some of the best buds with ease.
                  I have my light up about 40in in veg but I can sprout seedlings in there. My light is on 100% and I just keep babies minimum 40in or more from the light and try to keep hidden behind big plants until couple weeks old.
                  4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
                  1x Slapz
                  1x Quikz
                  2x red runtz
                  1x flo-see
                  1x 2B blunt
                  1x persian pie

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X