Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spider Farmer SF-4000 Commercial Led Grow Light Use Samsung LM301B Diodes Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Spider Farmer SF-4000 Commercial Led Grow Light Use Samsung LM301B Diodes Thoughts?

So I am Looking at lighting upgrades and wondering is it worth it right now i am rocking 2 VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 600W LED Grow Lights in a 48"/48"/80" Grow tent now i am thinking about going for just one Spider Farmer SF-4000 a little pricey but still interested would it be worth it is their better options i should be looking at Anyone with the spider Farmer sf-4000 what are your thoughts on the light? Any type of input would be greatly Appreciated.

Links

Spider Farmer Light to upgrade to https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07TXNBTL4

my viparspectra lights 2 of them https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01G8GDV32
    Attached Files

Check out HLG 550 v2 rspec . They on HLG website. They have them for 850 and refurbished 550 (I have refurbished and it is amazing)

Sf4000 is a good light tho, but I know you can get another brand with same diodes for cheaper.
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

Comment

Be sure to check out the newest ViparSpectrum XS series lights. I purchased the XS 1500 for a 2x2 grow and am completely satisfied. Amazon has a 30% discount code (look for it in the reviews) that is good till Christmas. Great value for state of the art gear.
      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I wanted to get the sf4000 but ended up getting 2 sf2000 because of money I bought them 6 months apart. Sf uses the exact same parts as HLG you just don't pay for the name, you can get 2 sf4000 for the price of the 650r and get an extra 2 or 3 hundred watts with sf. But you won't need 2 of them in a 4x4 I just got my second 2000 and just started a grow in a 4x4 I bought with it so I could get out of the closet lol and control my environment better. I just weighed my last round from my closet with 1 sf2000 and 2 600w blurples 113w each actual and I got 586g up from last round 526g and the one before that was just the blurple lights @ 123g. One more thing I like about sf is my brother had one of their lights 2 years old and they replaced it no questions asked cost my bro 22 bucks to ship his old light to them for repair they sent the new one when they couldn't fix his. Sorry for the book so early, whatever your choice good luck 🌲😎

edit = I wanted the 4000 over the 2 2000 because the 4000 has higher watts with better coverage.... again I'm poor or a tight wad either way they went on a credit card lol so had to get 1 at a time
        Last edited by MeEasy; 11-24-2020, 08:26 AM.
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

seems the spider only outputs 450w which is same as my mars ts3000 I paid $450 US for mine so that spider seems over priced. I have my mars ina 4x4 and it seems to do great
          If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

HLG 550v2rspec has lm301h diodes @ 480 real watts
            sf4000 has lm301b diodes @ 450 real watts

I dont know how big difference that is.
            I wish I had UV but mine doesn't
            1x Slapz
            1x Quikz
            2x red runtz
            1x flo-see
            1x 2B blunt
            1x persian pie

Comment

Shankemdirty i would go with something like an hlg 550. If you notice the fact that the light your looking at says lm301b that’s old and not for horticulture which is what you want and that what lm301H stands for the difference in the B and the H Is something to look into. I have a 100 hlg in a 2x2 and it completely rocks the ish out of that tent. When I upgrade my 400/600 watt hps I will go with that 550 hlg and I know I’ll will be rocking the ish out of a 4x4 tent. I had a small 150 hps in the 2x2 and my plants never looked as good or grew as much as they have with this hlg 100. They are pricey but they are worth it. I my opinion. They also have other kits that you just have to put together yourself that are cheap and worth looking at.

Comment

• Xena
                Xena commented
                Editing a comment
                I can’t remember who posted it but the info for the difference between the b and the h diodes is nothing. They put out the same light, I wish I could remember what thread it was posted on

• MeEasy
                MeEasy commented
                Editing a comment
                Coco for cannabis website has alot about the lies told by light companies and I believe that's where I read about the difference in h and b diodes or should say not difference Xena if you've never been to the site and you are shopping for a light I suggest going

• Xena
                Xena commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks MeEasy actually am in the market for another light but no research required for a change. I know if/when I get another it’ll be another ts1000 to put in my 3x3.

Xena yes I recall something like that. I can’t remember myself but I’m sure it means something. The fact that one is horticulture and the other is not has to make some kind of difference but I’m no expert. Just if I had the choice I would go with the lm301H for peace of mind. Hlg for sure.

Comment

I seen it say somewhere there is like 2-6% increase in diode H from that of B
                1x Slapz
                1x Quikz
                2x red runtz
                1x flo-see
                1x 2B blunt
                1x persian pie

Comment

Yeah most likely it’s all bullshit like the bullshit that bottle nutrients do this and that. If you read the labels they are 95-98% water. That’s why I just mixed my own soil with very little amendments just enough to grow any vegetable, herbs or whatever. So I know what’s in it. Who knows what’s really on those bottles specially them being made in China and bottled her in America and then getting sold as if they were made here in America. Like everything research research research lol

Comment

Yeah I recently switched to organic dry amendments/ super soil/living soil stuff. I like it better than mixing like 6 bottles of liquid with water, then PHing it. Over that fast
                    1x Slapz
                    1x Quikz
                    2x red runtz
                    1x flo-see
                    1x 2B blunt
                    1x persian pie

Comment

I'm in the middle of a lighting debacle myself. Currently running a Spectrum King SK402. Its a great light but its more suited for high ceiling and greenhouses. Plus it puts off a shit ton of heat.. Im torn between roi680, hlg 550 or spiderfarmer 4000.....
                      I'm very leary of cheap lights. Not to say they're no good, I guess I'm just cautious.
                      5x5 Gorilla tent
                      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                      Technaflora nutes
                      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

The hlg 550 has refurbished ones for and discounted price. That's what mine is and I'm in love with it. I havent even had it at 100% power yet and dont need to really.
                        1x Slapz
                        1x Quikz
                        2x red runtz
                        1x flo-see
                        1x 2B blunt
                        1x persian pie

Comment

HobbitGDF Tje set up you have is what Im going to treat myself to for Christmas if not early next year. Upgrade my 2x4 to a 4x4 or bigger (Preferably) if the wifey lets me take that much more space and the 550 v2 rspec. Is 7’ y’all enough? I feel with my small 100 hlg in my 2x2 by 5 foot tall it’s almost not high enough but I do have it in a 16” tall pot so it takes a lot of upper space away.

Comment

So I had a 2x4x5 and it was cool, my first tent. So I wanted to buy another one same size. Found cheapest one on amazon. I try to go cheap. They sent me the tent. I open it and realize all the bars are 4 feet. I scored. So I had to get new light. I studied lights and diodes for like a month while I saved money. The refurbished showed up one day on their website. Way cheaper than regular price. It's very very much worth it.
                            the 4x4x7 is plenty tall. I have lots room to the top still.
                            now I LST and stuff so my plants dont get to tall but the light is 24-28in from plants already with lots of head room. The light also flowers a 5x5 and Vegs 6x6. So 4x4 is perfect for HLG550v2rspec. I want to buy the uv bar that connects to it.Click image for larger version

Name:	20201125_122823.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	469515
                            1x Slapz
                            1x Quikz
                            2x red runtz
                            1x flo-see
                            1x 2B blunt
                            1x persian pie

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X