New to LED lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to LED lights

Hey GWE I'm new to tent growing and I've been doing my research on what LEDs to put in my 4x4 tent and I wood like to know your opinion on using 2 100w with samsung 301b's or 1 300w with samsung 2935's. On a $300 budget and both are there. Thanks and I love Sunday waking up to Nebula's email😁

I'm afraid you're going to need more than 200 watts of top-tier diodes to flower a 4x4.
    I use both lm561c and lm301b diodes in the fixtures I've built, and you really need to shoot for approximately 30 watts/ sq ft of canopy.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Originally posted by FramerTim View Post
      Hey GWE I'm new to tent growing and I've been doing my research on what LEDs to put in my 4x4 tent and I wood like to know your opinion on using 2 100w with samsung 301b's or 1 300w with samsung 2935's. On a $300 budget and both are there. Thanks and I love Sunday waking up to Nebula's email😁
      How many LED's are you building into the fixture and how large is it?

Comment

I built a fixture for 9 50w Vero® Series - multiple spectrum and have been very pleased. Heat sinks on every one with caption tape and thermal compound of coarse... heat sinks where for older Pentium and amd cpus. just be sure to wire them safely and check the circuit with an amp meter to know where you are with power drawl.. I use about 30 -40 $ month in hydro and that includes intake fan, exhaust fan, 9 cup fans and the leds.

Comment

I recommend looking at migrow on youtube for his light reviews. I also encourage you to check out the grow light calculator here - https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-calculator/ and take a look at the drop down menu of lights they have already done the math and testing for. Likely, the lights you will be choosing from are listed in there.

Comment

Need 480w minimum for a 4x4 Sq ft space. . I like the efficiency of the 301b. Hard to beat 220 lm/watt.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I built my HLG550 clone for my 4x4 and saved a ton of cash. I love it. If you need other options for your budget check out LED Grow Lights Depot on YouTube. Lots of great reviews and lists like “Best Passively-Cooled Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights Under $300”.
              Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

I just purchased the ViparSpectra XS 1500 and my current grow seems to be lovin it! That light is appropriate for a 2'x2' coverage. For a 4'x4' grow the XS 2020 model is suggested. The XS series uses state of the art Samsung LEDs (including far red) and the Mean Well driver. I'm thoroughly pleased. If you look on Amazon they have a 20% off code good till Christmas.

Here's a review: https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow...r-test-review/

-Grouchy
                My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
                I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
                Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I think that you will need a stronger light for your space,

I have used the MARS HYDRO 250 for my last two grows, really like it with one minor issue, which is more of my grow space then a problem with the light. Both sides of my grow need to be the same height. Will replace the light sometime this year with two shorter versions of the newer model.

I'm sure there are better lights, but for my approx 2.5X4 foot space it works. 4X4 would hold two if plants were same height
                  Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 11-02-2020, 09:58 AM.
                  Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
                  A tale of two seeds
                  Batter Up Sour Deisel
                  Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
                  New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
                  Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• ChadWestport
                    ChadWestport commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I went with two of the SF 1000 instead of one SF2000, for that reason. I wanted to be able to have a little control over height adjustments incase one side of the tent was tall and the other short. I like the modular approach for dealing with that.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X