No announcement yet.

Trim bin redeems itself: Gathering kief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hash puck, which I'm chipping away on with a knife; it's hard!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	hash puck.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	464609
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice !!

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup I bought the same pollen tool and haven't used it yet, probably a year ago. I've had a small jar packed with light tan kief in my fridge for 18 months. I went to your link and thru my amazon orders, the link is dead. I totally planned to use the reviews to make mine. Can you write me up your best tutorial? I remember something about lining with parchment so it didn't stick. I don't know how much to load, how often to turn it, the heat part, wait time before use. That beautiful chunk in your pic has me motivated. TIA!

Thats awesome alltatup! I just sifted and made a couple small pucks.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Wowzers, that's a haul!! I love the color, so pure!!! There is nothing like a stainless steel screen.
      Last edited by alltatup; 11-06-2020, 03:33 AM.

Filled another container full of kief tonight. I love this bin!
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      DAMN!!! You go, buddy!!!!

Dang man, you are stacking up the cakes!

Comment

Got that cake right here ChadWestport Made 8 pucks at 1.7 grams each. They smoke really nice. Very smooth but strong AF. Kinda want to melt into the couch right now. Lol
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        DAAAAAAAMMMMNNN! - said in my best Smokey voice.

nice pucks mate

Comment

Love the jar pic! I am definitely getting this, I was already thinking on it, now I'm sold. Thanks for sharing!
        I bet Bob Marley's mansion
        has a garden in the back
        Where he's growing something special
        Some celestial homemade hash
        we'll sit down on his front porch
        And listen to the angels band
        Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

Love the trim bin! Got this yesterday from about half a grocery bad of sugar leaf. And a decent arm workout at the same time😂
          Attached Files

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s awesome

• PLreef
            PLreef commented
            Editing a comment
            Sweet!

I bought a frame mounted screen before I saw trim bin. I,m cheap so added sides and it works. Pile on stainless sheet will go through 2 more screens before pressing. This is from about 4 different strain plants.

Comment

So I got me a Trim Bin. alltatup should be getting commisions.

Holy moley. I ran my teeny, tiny amount of cured trim from my first grow - in separate containers because one is a heavy CBD - and omg, all the leaf I won't have to fight to get the goodies. I quit smoking tobacco just over 4 years ago, so anything I can do to facilitate that is awesome. We end up with a lot of "tray weed" because I am a pot critic and if I don't like the way it smells ir feels, it's outta here. I had some pot that was gifted to me and for whatever reason, I found myself unable to use it. Santa may drag in a vaporizer, so I hung onto it. I decided to do an experiment and ran it through the screen.
            I'm really glad I didn't toss it out because it gave me quite a bit of keif that I can use.

If you sample your bounty before you are done processing it, for the love of everything holy, remember to put the bottom back on it before you start gyrating around again.

Comment

• lalaland
              lalaland commented
              Editing a comment
              Think there’s gonna be a few more comical mishaps before expert status is achieved on this end 😂
              How about you @AccidentalGardener??

• PLreef
              PLreef commented
              Editing a comment
              Everytime I use my trimbin i end up covered in trim and leaves. Apparently I wasn't aware of that fact. After I was done using my bin I had to run out to Homedepot with my wife. While at the self checkout line my wife was pulling off leaves that were stuck to my sweatshirt. Literally leaving a trail as we walked out. She didn't find it as amusing as I did......

• ChadWestport
              ChadWestport commented
              Editing a comment
              lol PLreef I've definitely learned that some clothing materials are like velcro for trim. Don't forget to take off your socks I bet the clerk at Home Depot was like - this guy is cool.

Trimming and fuzzy slippers don’t mix
            Attached Files

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
              AccidentalGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              Trim naked. Lol.

• lalaland
              lalaland commented
              Editing a comment
              Just imagining my extremely hairy man covered in leaves like the ‘swamp thing‘😂

• AccidentalGardener
              AccidentalGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              As long as you save one big fan leaf, he should be fine, lol

I have a couple questions for all you trim binners. Forgive me if I missed it in all the posts.
            1.What do you do with your bud after you screen it like a gold panner? Do you still smoke the bud or make some form of edible out of it or is it worth keeping?

2. What kind of yield are you getting from the flower? What would you get for kief/resin from an oz of bud let's say?

Thanks
            JEM

Comment

• Xena
              Xena commented
              Editing a comment
              Don’t know if it was in this thread but someone posted that they give theirs a little shake in the bin before they jar it and get a fair amount of kief and doesn’t affect the bud in any noticeable way.
              No idea first hand.....can’t wait to find out for myself

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              JohnEmad I toss the trim after removing the kief. When sugar leaves are properly dried to just the right point, they let go of the resin without letting go of other material. So I reckon you could make a smoothie or some such thing with the leftovers, but it don't sound too appealing to me...

• lalaland
              lalaland commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve only sifted sugar leaf. Never tried it with bud yet

question, looking into these for my next round of trim . I put my trim right into the freezer after i trim, should I not be doing that?
            If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Dieselgrower You're using cold to get the trichomes to fall off: that's the dry ice principle. For me, the problem with using dry ice was that too much other plant material got shattered by the cold and made its way into the kief.
              Using the freezer like you are, I would think you'd have to take it in and out of the freezer a bunch of times because it's going to soften quickly: wet leaves will soften and you won't get the kief off them. Better to dry the trim appropriately and then sift it.

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dry it before you put in the freezer.
              I have my trim from several grows in the freezer.
              And when you shake trim that have been in the freezer, more trichomes will fall through the sift 👍🏻

• Dieselgrower
              Dieselgrower commented
              Editing a comment
              cool thanks. Ill start drying it for a few days before freezing. I did do ice water once and it wasnt bad at all.

I trim over a 160 micron screen. Then I use a 120 then a 96. This is the result. Top 120, middle 96, and bottom 160 micron screen. Have not tried it yet.

Comment

desertdan that kief looks amazing!
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• desertdan
                desertdan commented
                Editing a comment
                best dry sift possible.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X