Is this WPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Is this WPM?

This is a photo taken from an unknown strain from my tiny outdoor grow. It popped up earlier in the grow but not knowing what it was, I hosed it off and it seemed to stay away. Now, I'm probably days away from harvest and it's back. As far as I can see, none of it is on the buds, only on the large leaves. I examined the dark spot on the leaf and it's not a bug but a blemish on the leaf. So, should I go through the process of dealing with it (if it is WPM) or do I ignore it as I'm about to harvest. Thanks!

I would say yes. WPM. If it's not on the buds then I would suggest a spray of white vinegar and water and removing the most affected leaves.

Comment

Yep it’s WPM
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Sure looks like it.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation. Tonight was when I was taking one of the two plants down. That one is a bit smaller and has no mould. The other is a few days away. I took the large sun leaves off them today, removing most of the mould off the affected plant. I can't tell if there's mould on the buds, they have a lot of trichomes. If I'm harvesting it in three days, should I still spray it with diluted vinegar? As well, what ratio would you suggest?

Comment

I would use peroxide 2-4 tbsp in a 1 qt hand sprayer. Just don't soak the buds unless they have wpm because the moisture will stay in them no since risking rot getting inside the buds unless the wpm is already there. I would also consider washing your buds when you harvest
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            👇my one n only journal👇
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Seems like washing them is the surest method. I assume if left untreated, the mould will spread across the cured buds, so it can't be ignored. I read about a wash which is 3 parts – bucket 1 is 1-2 grams of baking soda per liter of water, 2 is 10 mL of peroxide per liter of water and the last is just clean water. Does this sound good?

Comment

• MeEasy
                MeEasy commented
                Editing a comment
                I've seen it done with two different recipies both had same ingredients just separate buckets for one of them

1... two 5 gallon buckets about 3/4 full water tap water is fine but you can use whatever
                1st bucket is 1 cup hydrogen peroxide (brown bottle from store) 1/2 cup baking soda (not powder) 1/2 cup lemon juice
                2nd bucket plain water to rinse
                Gently swish the buds in the 1st approximately 1 minute then the 2nd app. 30 seconds being careful not to ram them into the bottom or sides.... hang em with direct airflow from a fan until no more water is dripping then dry as normal

2.... was all the same except you use three buckets 1st with the baking soda and lemon juice 2nd with peroxide 3rd plain water... method was the same as above

If you don’t have wpm on the buds, don’t wash them.
              I harvested lots of plants which had some WPM on the leaves. Never had a cured bud with WPM.
              think it will be a waste just to wash them if you don’t have any on the buds
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I'll use my pocket microscope to check if the wpm has spread to the buds. It's hard to tell it apart from the trichomes.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                  CaptainWiese91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  With a microscope it should be pretty easy to see the difference between trichomes and the WPM. I understand if this was without a loupe or microscope.

But again if you are unsure, then wash. Just thinking it would be a little wast, in my opinion if the WPM is not on the buds

Well, I looked under the microscope and it looks like there's no mould on the buds. Even though some leaves are fairly covered. Does that make sense? The infected plant isn't quite ready for harvest so I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe I should do that milk spray if it's not coming down for 3 days?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                  CaptainWiese91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If there’s is no mould, just keep eye on it every day. This is what I would do.

And I have had success with milk and water spray when battling the WPM

• MeEasy
                  MeEasy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Make sure you spray during lights on the lights do something to the milk that has to happen for it to work.

My grow is outdoor and tomorrow is supposed to be a sunny day. Thanks for the tip! Did you have a ratio of milk to water?

Comment

• MeEasy
                  MeEasy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  40% milk still be careful not to soak the buds they will hold the moisture. It's ok if they get a little mist but don't soak em you don't want them to get mold or rot that will ruin you

• airru
                  airru commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's gonna rain a fair bit tomorrow so they're going to get soaked no matter what

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X