No announcement yet.

How old are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

65 and still crazy after all these years. Been growing since 1973.

Comment

62. smoked daily in the 1970's. Quit smoking and doing drugs in the early 1980's. Oklahoma went medical marijuana and I started smoking and growing last year. I don't have a green thumb but thx to GWE and this forum I can grow weed! and I ain't braggin' but my home grown gets me just as high as I want to be. I have looked into my crystal ball and see myself growing until...
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24 โ€‹
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity โ€‹6โ€ w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

52, first grow excluding one outdoor bag seed in college. Needed a hobby when our GSD died earlier this summer. Wife and I started smoking again a couple years ago, dispensary prices are ridiculous so growing for fun and to save a few bucks. Nice to focus on life affirming activity during these shit times.
        Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

I'm 60. Like 90% of us who grew up in the '70s started smoking as a teenager. Been enjoying indoor growing for about 8 years now. So glad I found this site, it's was a huge help getting me going.
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

32 Been smokin since I was 14 first grow

Comment

Hi all, I'm 47 had my first smoke back in 1989.
              3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
              Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
              Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
              Couple of fans for airflow
              First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
              Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
              Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange ๐Ÿ˜€

Comment

42 just started growing in dec 2019. love it. but have totally been on the burn out bus for a long strange trip!
                If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

Good Lord! GWE must stand for Growing Weed & the Elderly. I'm looking at 63 now. Began backyard growing in the early 70's but walked away for many years in the mid 80's when the kids became old enough to understand what was going on. Retired at 55, divorced, sold the home, and began buying and renovating properties. Property values began going through the roof again and buying in that market was a deal ender. Settled into one of my places and was astonished at what my daughter was paying for oils & balms at dispensaries, so I decided to start growing again and learn how to make them for her. Most of my neighbors are aware of my 3rd floor grow, in fact one gave me a forest ranger badge, and another a "Hemp Farmer T-shirt." Many of them are smokers and I offer a lot of samples and in turn they keep a watchful eye on things for me. When this thread is played out it would be interesting to average it out and see where we stand age wise and I'll start working on developing a Geritol Strain we can all share.

Comment

• Cheeba
                    Cheeba commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Geritol, THC, Metamucil.

• OldManGrower
                    OldManGrower commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When ;you do, I would like some seeds.

34 now. I remember the last time this was posted i was 33 lol. My how time flies. Its great to be a part of this community!
                  Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

jesus your all old farts makes me smile when imagining u all skinning up its brilliant i am on the good looking side of 43 haha

Comment

• buds73
                      buds73 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      crucialbunny Skinning up is rolling a joint lol. Rolling papers are sometimes referred to as skins hence the term skinning up lol

• Farmbuck
                      Farmbuck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My oh my ..! Learning every day even at my age.

• lalaland
                      lalaland commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I had no idea what that meant either๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm hitting the clubhouse turn at 66
                    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
                    A tale of two seeds
                    Batter Up Sour Deisel
                    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
                    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
                    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

I'm 64, for a couple more months. Started smoking in the early 70's, never really quit just had to play the UDT timing game with pain management. I started an illegal closet grow 20+ years ago, 13 street seeds, got 12 female plants so I didn't finish but I used some of the stuff from it to start this grow. My state let medical card holders grow up to 5 plants indoors starting January 1st so here I am. I cannot afford dispensary prices, in four years I spent a year's disability income on 'medicine'.
                      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                      Various size fabric grow bags
                      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

56, retired, and dont feel a day younger! Just spent the day with my kids and granddaughters. they wiped papa out.
                        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                        Canna Coco/perlite
                        General Hydroponics Flora Series
                        Cal/Mag.

Comment

Suddenly I donโ€™t feel that old ๐ŸคŸ๐Ÿป Rock on fellow growers!
                          Just because people are over 50 doesnโ€™t mean they know everything.
                          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the โ€œbestโ€ lol

Comment

• lalaland
                            lalaland commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You are but a Puppy @CaptainWiese91๐Ÿ˜‚

• CaptainWiese91
                            CaptainWiese91 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Still wet behind the ear ๐Ÿ˜‚
                            My parents didnโ€™t even think about me in 1990๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I was put out to pasture early due to back injuries, been there a while now (since 94), did retrain and held a job even at 90+% disabled until 04, then I took the free money (I'd give it all back to have my back back!). Anyway I am a December 1954 model with many hard miles, been growing in the woods since about 1970, stopped for the laws to change (informant told me to do that as he could no longer give me info). Now I can grow in my yard!

Comment

• desertdan
                            desertdan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Same year, same month, born one state north.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X