My Mainlined Beanstalks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mainlined Beanstalks

Plants are about to start week 7 of flower tomorrow. I was trying various new strains, and I vegged around 2-3 weeks longer than I was before. Lo and behold, they turned into beanstalks, I had to remove a plant from each box in order to supercrop them. Only one plant--RQS Hulkberry--formed a perfect manifold with 10 beautiful, phat, long colas. The picture doesn't do her justice, but she's front right in this picture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	new sep30.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	455041
    On the left is Reserva Privada Kosher Kush which did stretch 200% just like they said. I had to supercrop all the colas.

In the other box, I have a GDPurp, a Royal Gorilla and on the right front, a Dosidos. Most colas had to be super-cropped, and they are all filling out nicely. They've got legs and they know how to use them.

Name:	old sep30.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	457.6 KB
ID:	455042

All buds are frosting up nicely, they are all 9-10 wk flowers, so we have around a month to go. I'm just watchin the river flow...

Name:	trich sep30.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	455043
    I absolutely LOVED following Nugbucket's tutorial on mainlining and I'm convinced it's the way to go in my grow boxes. I will veg a little shorter next time. Can't wait to do it again. The Hulkberry plant turned out so perfectly, I can't wait to see what her dry weight is, she is living proof that I can get a set number of huge colas in the boxes. I love the way mainlining makes them so strong.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

They look amazing! How tall are they? Is that a top fed DWC?

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      The height of the box is 36", I flipped them when they were all around 14" tall, so they went nuts.

Looking fantastic ATU well done ,I'm a firm believer in mainlining, manifolding , I will have to do a side by side of just keeping the main trunk or letting the side branches grow out I do both but never a side by side ,
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a total mainline convert.

Beautiful plants I must say !
    smoked a lot of kosher kush in Amsterdam, really a nice strain !
    Last edited by CaptainWiese91; 10-01-2020, 02:05 PM.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I should have believed them when they said the stretch was 200%.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea. I Can see that 😁
      I ended up with sunset sherbet for the next grow. 7 weeks flower time, it’s the only reason I chose that instead of the cookies gelato

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      My son brought home a dispensary 1/8 of Kosher Kush. It was decent. Went back to get another and they told me it was $60.
      Come again? What? My kid paid $60 for an eighth?
      I didn't buy their weed. Came home and told him not to get it there any more, either. No dispensary weed is worth $480/oz!
      "Did you learn nothing I taught you of bargain hunting? 3/8 of that stuff and I could get a bigger tent."
      Impresses the point home that we need a decent grow, every time.

Lookin good! Definitely the easiest way to care for a plant through flower in my opinion. I’ve started using Nebula’s manifold method over Nugbucket’s mainline. Same results but you get there quicker which is helpful when you have limited overhead room.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I wish we could find a full list of what NOT to mainline lol I’m only trying the Purple Haze because it’s a shorter Sativa and somebody else posted pics of one they mainlined on here with HUGE f’ng colas and mines looking good. Flipping that girl to the flower tent when lights come back on today😁
      From my own experience here’s what strains I found aren’t good to mainline, atleast mine didn’t go so well....Gorilla Glue, Cali Dream and Dos Si Dos didn’t produce big full top to bottom colas. Blue Cheese, Pineapple Chunk and any type of Kush I’ve grown have all been excellent mainlined

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      bboyfromwayback My Royal Gorilla (RQS) had all colas super-cropped, she got too tall, but the buds look fantastic. I agree w/ you: any short-growing Sativa should be fine.

Nonetheless, I'm going to do one tall grow in one box that I'll flip much faster to 12/12, just to see how that goes. I have to grow this Kosher Kush again. And I will use Nugbucket's method because more topping helps reduce height. I feel like I have entered a new phase of growing for sure.
      Last edited by alltatup; 10-04-2020, 05:27 AM. Reason: Felt like it.

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      This sites pretty awesome isn’t it. Latest newsletter has a screenless ScrOG technique that looks badass! I’m going to try out when I get my next round vegging.

It's like the high school locker room all over again hahaha I was proud of my little 3' tall 8 top manifold until you came along with those beauties.... 1st made me think of the houses up on stilts in flood prone areas.

I'm just messing around, those are very tall beautiful plants.

DON'T READ THIS JOKE IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED
    JOKE== there's one thing better than a long legged woman wrapping her legs around you, do you know what that is??

A short legged woman trying
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL good 1 MeEasy and do not let those gals of your feel like jr. high basket ball players they will be shorter but i bet the quality will be great. I will compare your girls to alltatup line of ladies as the NBA teams.........she has the Nuggets line you got the sneeky Lakers

• AccidentalGardener
      Editing a comment
      LOLOL. MeEasy, you are a keeper. So funny and always so...gentle. Your 'old lady' is a lucky one. Cheers!

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you ma'am. The old in old lady is not an insult to my girl it's an inside joke we have going because she is 11 months older than me so for one month a year we are the same age but the rest of the time she is my old lady.

As many others I to have had some bad times in life and found funny and nice gives me a break from my thoughts so I try to share this with others around me...
      Thanks again, have a good day 🌲😎

Well sister those are fine long legged gals. Definitely helps the top portion of the plants development. Sure helped me outdoors this year. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200927_085044 thai.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	455127 Way to go alltatup those gals are super healthy and strong looking.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      And YOURS, budgal!!! They look awesome!!!

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks oldjarhead100. Yea I had to do a wash. Hope it doesn't screw with potency.

• AccidentalGardener
      Editing a comment
      You did that *outdoors* with the summer you had?? Wowzers, woman!

T h i c c!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      ????????????????????????????

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Phatt!!!!!

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its just a silly new age way of saying them are some fat buds!

alltatup Thanks for clueing me and oldjarhead100 about the " slang " for FAT LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I live to serve my fellow Cannabis growers.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can be a little slow with the uptake lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X