• Show
Clear All

Blends?

Click image for larger version

Name:	blend.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	453404
    Do any of you blend or mix your weed? The reason I ask is I have a small group of friends and family that test my product for me since I don't smoke much anymore. I do blind taste tests by twisting up some joints and simply assigning them a number, 1,2,3, etc. so that they aren't influenced by how the buds look. I changed things up recently and included a blend of some trim that came from two of the strains. Guess which was most popular? Six out of six chose the trim blend of C-4 & Super Glue. It seems to offer a lot of new interesting possibilities and I was just curious if blending is a "thing" others do.

I mix my weed only when i'm running out. Otherwise i mark little cups with what the joints are. Now as we begin harvesting more ( thank you i'm so grateful ) i can roll joints of same strain not needing to blend 2 different strains. For the longest time we've had to supplement for almost 8months just using little amounts of dispensary primo weed mixed with old homegrown ( it was good but it's getting crispy ) . I really like mixed blends heck now that i can roll big fat gram joints thanks to our harvest but i want to taste what the plant i grew taste like with just " it " rolled up. I sure hope i make sense what i wrote.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes perfect sense.

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly what we have been doing for 9 months. We smoke a bunch so I been buying qps on street.

I don't because I'm always on the hunt for "the strain" that works best for me, but my wife, she always mixes stuff together. We are definitely yin and yang, we work.

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      But what if you could get just what you're looking for with a blend? My little group of testers are all over the map when it comes to preferences normally and that is why I was so surprised that they all agreed on the blend. The Super Glue is a couch lock variety while the C-4 is more earthy and cerebral.

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      You do have a point. A blend of cannabinoids and terpenes can combine to create a unique effect, but then I'd have to find both strains and grow them both well. lol. I have specific targets / reasons for my consumption, so I'm searching for the silver bullet of weed. Your mix does sound tasty and I would definitely not pass on hitting that.

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      The part I like the most is that both blends were simple trim. Something most smokers would turn their noses up at. It's all bud trim, so in essence there's not much of a difference as long as it doesn't get overly dry. I have always used my trim in edibles, and balms so nothing goes to waste.

We’ll mix ours up on occasion, mostly if a grow didn’t reach the preferred thc level I’ll mix it with something a little more potent. I can see how C4 mixed with something else could be a winner. It’s a straight to the head potent Sativa high that taste like berry shit by itself. Mixed with some Glue to tone down the taste and give it a little body buzz sounds like a great mix! Hell, guess I’m gona go roll a C4 Gorilla Glue doobie right now, may as well participate 😂

crucialbunny good mix. I came as close to yours as I could. Went well together, nice full body buzz to start the day
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 09-27-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I have done different strains straight as well as blended. I would love to develop my own perfect blend but after one or two hits my objectivity goes up in smoke.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

My wife is a blender usually, she does it to balance effects. It doesn't matter to me because none of them are going to get me stoned in the ~1 gram joints she rolls.

Comment

I blend. Often. A lot. Sometimes. Variety is the spice of life.
          Variety is also the way of the dispensary weed. It's all terrible. Lol.

I use a lot of real-deal cannabis based CBD. There will be at least one CBD plant in my tent every time I harvest. CBD doesn't wreck your stone. It changes it to something completely different, especially if it's a strain you wouldn't find any CBD. Even before now, my grower gave me branches of ACDC (how I learned to trim) and I'd mix it with other stuff. Holy!

The other reason I blend is because tray-weed.
          There are three of us and the weed tray always has something on it - usually some of everything...a blend

Comment

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm going to have to try my hand at CBD smoking I think. Maybe add one to the grow next year. I sure as hell can't make a judgement until I've tried it.

I blend when I’m running out and have some sub par stuff that I want to use up. Never done it as an experiment on purpose. Sounds like a great idea! Will definitely try it in the future!
          Right now I’m trying to nail down my preferred method for drying, as there are so many options and people are so passionate about their favourite one.
          Trying all of my plants as wet trim stripped from branches on drying rack
          wet trim hanging on branches
          dry trim hanging on branches
          Guess when that’s done, will have to try a mixing experiment!
          Thanks for the idea crutialbunny😁

Comment

My wife does but not me. She like 50-50 balance. But when I smoke some hash I blend it with the same stain. For example I roll a joint of Panama Red flower with my Panama Red hash.
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I do blend my weed. I'm 64 and for various reasons too much THC makes me anxious. I grow mostly CBD strains like CBD Critical Mass which I mix with other strains that have more THC. I also put it in the pipe with hash which these days has too much THC for me. It balances out the effects and tends to eliminate the anxiety. In the 70's weed that I got never made me paranoid ,nor did hash. I am trying to replicate that experience. As for flavour, weed flavour to my palate is non-existent. It tastes and smells like weed so I don't blend for that.

Comment

• crucialbunny
                crucialbunny commented
                Editing a comment
                You and I are nearly the same age and I get what you mean about the anxiety. I miss the days of getting a chill relaxing high instead of feeling afraid someone is going to want me to make conversation. Used to be I wanted to explore the complexities of life and nature and now I just wanna know when I won't be stoned anymore.

• hairyman
                hairyman commented
                Editing a comment
                It seems that it started becoming too strong in the eighties when in Vancouver BC you got what you got when you purchased with no choice in the matter. I quit for 20 yrs for that reason. Once I learned what the issue was, (THC level and CBD content ) and with choice in purchase things are now better if I stick to CBD weed. I find 1:1 is the best and then I can mix in some other stuff that I tried growing. Growing my own is the best way now. Total choice.

Over the years I've learned that I git immune to stains if one or 2 is all I have no matter how good it is. Worse is if I mix a few strains in one bowl I git immune to them all at the same time & then switching it up don't help.

Comment

• crucialbunny
                crucialbunny commented
                Editing a comment
                I used to be like that with liquor. Got to the point where I could drink a pint of tequila with virtually no effect. Tried rum, and BOOM, I was slurring my speech. Now, if and when I drink it's pretty much scotch with a single cube. After 50 the hangovers became more than I could manage. Unfortunately my buzz of choice these days are painkillers. Nearly 5 years after my motorcycle crash and I'm still taking them.

I blend sometimes when I roll my joints. Sometimes it's for the different high, sometimes for the flavor. Otherwise I usually smoke so much that I just switch off.

Comment

I change it up often... Tried mixing my Quarter Pounder with some auto cheese(sounds good) but not a fan of that mix. GG#4 mixed with anything is GOOD! AK-47 is pretty mild and mixes well. I have quite a bit so i put that shit in everything.. Add a bit of bubble hash and everything tastes good.
                Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                Canna Coco/perlite
                General Hydroponics Flora Series
                Cal/Mag.

Tent
                Bruce Banner
                Kushy Kush
                2Cookies and cream

Comment

Now y'all got me pondering.....
                  I have some seeds from my last grow- let's say the Mango Jilly Bean cross... If I roll a J with some of each strain will the flavor & effect be a fair representation of what's to come when i grow the seeds?

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
                    AccidentalGardener commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think genetics would probably supersede the blend. Kinda like two beautiful parents having a troll for an offspring.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X