Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChadWestport
    commented on 's reply
    It's a method for when you need to dry something quickly but quickly drying your weed locks in some of that chlorophyl taste. It's not letting the plant live up to it's fullest potential after all of the effort you put into it. If the harvest is for the stores and their consumers, quick drying is fairly common, but for the head stash, the stuff that you smoke, take every last step you can to ensure you have the best dank you can.

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    You don't like the paper bag?? I been using it for 2 grows now & I love it!

• gman420
    commented on 's reply
    Good decision! I have been doing the same thing going through the site looking at different posts/pics, reading the comments, and learning. I have learned to be patient. I posted pics a couple weeks ago inquiring about when to harvest and most responses said a week or 2 so I have been waiting. I will be taking a good look at my plants on Friday or Saturday to see if I got the amber trichomes I'm looking for, but I'm ok to go another week if I have to weather permitting (Temps are starting to drop).

• ChadWestport
    replied
    This definitely isn't for everyone. Sounds like the same kind of people who dry their buds in paper bags or the microwave... It's like, you did all that work to take a massive steamer on them in the end?

Leave a comment:

• gman420
    commented on 's reply
    IMO @crucialbunnyyou are better than a little league coach. I feel you have provided me with some pretty good advice on my grow so far. Don't sell yourself short.

• jesslynh
    replied
    Holy crap. I'm totally going to wait now. I was starting to get impatient (1st grower here). Glad I read this--brought me back to earth

Leave a comment:

• crucialbunny
    replied
    JDU, I'm anything but a master Grower. I'm more like a little league coach who still has to look up the "infield fly rule".

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Hope they were at least milky!

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    Idk about where you are but in Oregon the Master Grower (yes, that IS a job title on craigslist here-lmao) gets a %'g of the harvest & usually puts in clauses that totally screw a grower who disregards their advice.

• crucialbunny
    commented on 's reply
    The friend who grew his plants in the ground called me last night with some questions about curing. He was telling me about how he hosted a backyard barbeque and a number of people attending told him that he needed to harvest now or he could potentially lose it all to bud rot. Like many other growers here in California he had a few buds that had worms that can mimic bud rot damage and it causes panic for many growers. I had already shown and explained to him about the caterpillars and asked him why he didn't call me? He said he just panicked. He's going to drop by tonight and bring some samples so it'll be interesting to see how it turned out. He had 5 huge plants and they were close, so hopefully they'll be good.

• OldManGrower
    replied
    It isn't rocket science. But, immediate gratification wins out over patience almost every time. Part of the problem is that your gave away your expertise. The expert is always the person from the "outside" that you have to pay.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    I find much the same, folks just dont listen, heres what I do. I grow mine out tell its ripe (nicely ambered) and go share some with them and tell them this is what yours should have, could have been had you waited to harvest.
    One that really gets me is a person that planted with me in the wilds for years. In all that time did he learn what we did to make them grow, no he just did whatever I said/wanted. He tries to grow inside, with many many problems manly from over water. I have ask him if he remembers how we made our soil from the forest floor, he did not reply.
    I gave my little brother a nice jewelers loop, showed him what to look for, and he still harvested at least a month early.
    WE can only do so much, the rest is up to them!

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    crucialbunny yes it's challenging makes me sad to see all the time and effort "we" do for healthy grows. Your right at least 6months of us waiting, tending spending our time with them. Well just tell them " you think that is good smoke it would of been great smoke, bigger buds " but they are just eager for the high. I sure don't want racey high after waiting 6+ months or more.

Leave a comment:

• crucialbunny
    commented on 's reply
    We do what we can. I just felt that I had a lot of time an effort invested in those grows and it bummed me out they couldn't hold out just a little longer. One person told me that her son told her if she waited the buds would get "slimy". I don't even know what that means. The other two just said they thought the plants were ready. Even after I let them see with their own eyes that the trichomes were still mostly clear just before they chopped. Like I said, they're really happy and excited with what they got in the end.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Well i'm doing the same thing with just one person on my road. She called me to come check her plant she only grew 1 this season it's in the ground. She's in her late 70's her son gave her the plant. It's so small last summer her son set her up real good with big fabric pots full of great soil she had 4 our legal rec. count per household. They were beautiful but she let them go way to long in the rain. I think she just waited for her son to tell her what to do. So this season i made a point to introduce myself and see if i could assist her. Her son lives 2hrs away.

She calls me couple weeks ago worried that the smoke was damaging her plant wanted me to come take it. I go there it's so small does not look like she watered it much at all, i know she did not give it anything. It may be 4ft. not ready of course it's too early here to harvest, told her i'd be back to check in 2wks. Asked her to give it water LOL. Drove over 2 days ago at least it had rained but still don't think she gave it water. I'll go by after this coming rain storm and recheck. What could i say she just had a bad year like most of us here no visitors, not much social interaction and have not seen her son around.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X