1st harvest! Disappointed:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st harvest! Disappointed:(

Hi all! New grower. Indoor 5 x 5 California light works solar extreme series 1000 in soil

Just had my first harvest and everything looks good smells good and taste good but it’s not strong at all. No matter how much I consume I don’t really feel it.

I got by original seeds from bagseed

any advice or explanation? See photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	4858CE6F-0892-496D-9A2E-411940AB4552.jpeg
Views:	1005
Size:	811.8 KB
ID:	449414

Name:	F02B98EA-56E3-4FB8-B465-1CA02EA912EA.jpeg
Views:	1016
Size:	808.2 KB
ID:	449412

Name:	A4FD0CF7-6D33-4B90-A688-9FA3ED51A618.jpeg
Views:	1015
Size:	901.2 KB
ID:	449413
    Attached Files

Could just be genetics. They look decent enough to me though it's hard to make out the trichromes. Stick what you got in jars and give it a good cure, that will increase the potency if there is any increase to be had.

Comment

They definitely look good plenty of trichomes I can't see em very good but they look like they could be clear maybe if you jar em up and burp em every day for two or three weeks they might come around
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• R0bb3d
        R0bb3d commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!!

Bag seed genetics are hit and miss unfortunately. Just because what you smoked was good doesn’t mean the seeds will produce a quality plant. Some do but most don’t.

Comment

• R0bb3d
        R0bb3d commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

Genetics are everything and your seeds may have been deficient, however, it's a really good grow and next time you will produce better. It is very difficult to tell but you may have harvested a week or so early. Dry them out and age them in a sealed glass jar for two weeks, opening the jar at least twice a day to air them out. There should be a marked difference.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• R0bb3d
        R0bb3d commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the kind words. They went 85 days from light flip to chop. And 75 days from first signs of thick pistol growth.

How long has it been, since you harvested? If you quick-dried and didn't cure, that may be a reason. I've had excellent luck (all one time of it) with using my solar oven to quick dry. I didn't get a grassy taste or speedy high. I'll probably do the same thing with my Alaska Purple, next week.

Being a new grower, with limited experience, that's all I've got.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• R0bb3d
        R0bb3d commented
        Editing a comment
        10-12 days. Hung to try at 70 f and 60 rh for 7 days.

• BR2K
        BR2K commented
        Editing a comment
        OldManGrower is right about the curing. I'm usually too impatient to wait for curing, I start vaping as soon as possible, while allowing most of my harvest to dry/cure. My personal experience has been good buzz from the start but by the time I'm getting down to my last bit, it gets better and better. Let's hope your harvest improves too!

Getting to harvest on your first attempt should be a victory in itself.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the way you think!

• R0bb3d
        R0bb3d commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you man, I appreciate the kind words

Tis difficult the first time to stay out of your harvest before it's cured properly. I only know about the first time because that's all we did so far. Forgot I left the trim in a couple mason jars in the coat closet.
      My trim is perfectly cured, LOL. Believe it or not, even the trim smells dank. And now so do my winter jackets, lol.
      A not-so-subtle reminder of what's coming next harvest. All I need to do is give that jar a sniff every so often to keep me in line.

Comment

• R0bb3d
        R0bb3d commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the response. How much rh should be in the jars initially? I may have over dried. Some jars are 60-65 others are 55 rh

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s easier to get through the whole harvest/curing process if you grow a lot of weed. Once you get a reserve built up you’re in no hurry which is hard to do if you have no smoke lol

I can remember many years ago I had a friend that grew some exceptionally beautiful buds. Dark green, sticky, frosty, huge, and the smell was fantastic. Only problem was it just wouldn't get you high. I guess genetically some plants just don't contain enough THC no matter how many glittering trichomes it has.

Comment

It's not THAT there are trichomes, it's what kinda shape are they in. The payload's gotta be there. Clear trichs can look awesome but don't nobody wanna harvest all clear trichomes.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Got a new scope. Here are some close ups of the curing buds

Name:	FA3E141D-9D50-4027-8709-AB4A268004D6.jpeg
Views:	848
Size:	462.1 KB
ID:	450824

Name:	F89D854D-DCCB-40B7-9756-41D8981BE91D.jpeg
Views:	834
Size:	463.5 KB
ID:	450825

Name:	BE638A8B-8CAA-48FE-A336-A098068855D8.jpeg
Views:	830
Size:	425.2 KB
ID:	450826 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Damngrower
            Damngrower commented
            Editing a comment
            They look super frosty! I agree with Chad, a few too many clear trichromes but it's all a learning curve 👍
            I'm sure they'll get a bit stronger with time in jars.

• R0bb3d
            R0bb3d commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you guys

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            To me those are clearly clear. Less THC do to that?

The issue with bag seed is you know one parent, but what was the other? Maybe a CBD plant and this one takes after that parent. Or some genetic throw back,
          I also agree that curing does wonders.
          You had a good grow, get some good seed and do it again!

Comment

• R0bb3d
            R0bb3d commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks brother. I believe I may have pulled a little early. Gunna run some Ethos genetics for my next “real” run at it and be patient!

I have one plant still growing that was a week or two behind the others for whatever reason. Going to let that one go a couple more weeks and I figure if it comes out stronger, then I chopped too early. If not I’ll blame genetics! 🤷‍♂️ Thoughts?

Name:	7A4050F0-37CE-4DA8-B13C-9AE40527D83F.jpeg
Views:	800
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	451284

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
            AccidentalGardener commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh my. Isn't that a pretty beastlet! If that was in my tent, I'm sure I'd have a hard time waiting, too! I'm intrigued by your staking job. I fear I will need to do something similar, having dispensed with tomato cages in my currently crowded space. Didja add the stakes as you needed them?

I how is that California light. ?? I really want to purchase one ! Put they don’t ship to my continent 🤦🏼
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• R0bb3d
            R0bb3d commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s my first run ever but I like it so far! I’m a complainer and I can’t complain!

Making extracts turns mediocre weed into much better smoke. I would never have considered smoking the backyard weed a buddy grew. It looked like Mexican weed. Blasted what I could and got several grams of real nice crumble.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X