Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, Shoud i go for 8 colas or i need to stop now ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, Shoud i go for 8 colas or i need to stop now ...

Hello,
    I got this auto and on the 1st week after the seed break the soil it was already on its first true leaves already big and had the next one going ... its the 1st time i see plant go that fast, so i waited and on secound week it was already on 5 nodes and ofcourse i was like "Thats growing too fast i have to mainline it". And i cut it down to 3rd node (On week 2) and i was right, on the next day the plant was booming no signs of any stress or what ever ... so on 3nd week i top again and now i have 4 colas.
    The problem is now its week 3 day 3, and what happened on day 1 i top, on day 2 i see that it was recovering really nice and day 3 i see a lot of preflower from nothing ...
    So shoud i just let it grow and finish with 4 tops or i can wait and try top for 8 ? But i dont know its Auto not Photo so i cant return it to veg again ...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	119444144_794087937799177_4773616974922798460_n.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	448493

Name:	119260982_368945724503580_7574695846022659212_n.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	448494

Name:	119256023_667132490850153_8838132914780537922_n.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	448495
    That was on day 3 week 4 now its day 5 week 4 and the preflower are big ...
    So what shoud i do ? (expect of going with photos again cuz thats kind-a not good to manage)

Pinch em & tie em down. They'll shock ya.

Comment

Don't do any more topping. You already cut off too much when you topped it back to the third node. Not only that, but once you start flowering, you don't want to do any topping. Only thing to do now is ride it out.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        It it’s starting to flower ?
        Look at all the white hairs champ.

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I know. I guess I didn't make that very clear 😂. I meant, since it's already flowering, you don't want to do any more topping.

I agree for maybe not cutting more, but i dont think i cut a lot for mainlining. Each time i even leave 1 fan leave note for each top, usually you have to remove all from below.
      Also i was wondering since i usually grow only photos, that was my 1st auto and considering the other seed is on his 7th node only and yet not flower i guess this one just had interesting genetics, but how do you guys like to switch food schedule on autos ? Do you change each week (This is what i did because of the fast growth), or do you wait for leaves before giving more and etc ?
      Thank you,
      Boris

Comment

Sorry to ask, my English is shit sometimes.
        Is this and experiment or are you expecting some kind of yield out of this one ?
        I pretty grown my fair share of autos before starting on photos.
        And this is going to be a really tiny plant after all that topping.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

@CaptainWiese91,
          Well this is technique that i use on my photos, reason why is that i grow inside and by using mainline you ensure your plant get even light and grow each node exactly the same as others.
          Usually i do it with 3 cuttings. 1st i cut after 6 notes down to 3rd, then i remove all growth below the node, after the plant grow the new 2 tops till 3-4 node you cut again, recover again and after 3-4 nodes again i cut and thats leaves you with 8 main colas. (Each time you cut you remove all the growth below, i leave only 1 big set of fan leaves just for better recover and faster. Also you tie down everything to be even on each side, i will attach you 1 picture from internet on mainline 8 colas since i dont have any on the phone from mine but usually thats what you try to do).
          At the end when you flip to flower you get only 8 big colas without any pop-corn buds. Yeah you get less yield, but you have much more potent buds with 2-3 times better visual. I do it usually for the visiual effect.
          Some people do mainline to something like 52,108 and etc colas but for me after the 8th the buds start to feel less potent (Im not sure if its just my brain or its actually like that so i dont take opinion here).
          They are more articles if you rite nugbucket mainline.
          But on autos i guess i had to get something who flower bit slower then this genetics, but i will still grow it i have the space so why not xD

Name:	main-lining-example-grown-out.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	448601

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            I know the technique mainline bro.. no need for that long story 😂

I’m just saying with an auto you are getting a really tiny plant with a lot less yield than with a photo.

what u do with photos u cant do will autos as i understand it u only top autos once then tie them down for best results mate

Comment

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            And definitely don't go all the way down to the third node, you're losing half your plant that way.

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            What I was saying

Well i know people who mainline autos and they have decend results, but i had never asked if they pick some strains who have long flowe (I guess this is how they do it).
          And yeah you cant do a lot of stuff on autos, but why not to try ? Many interesting things have been found that way.

Comment

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Because it's already been tried and proven not to work.

I followed Nebula's tutorial on these autos without a hitch. They're small compared to photos, but functional. Organic soil auto grower.

Comment

This is why I've been hesitant to try my luck with autos. I'm bad about taking a little to much off the top when I'm trimming and with photos you can always extend the veg to fix it
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            👇my one n only journal👇
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
              AccidentalGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              Apparently, I could be a professional FIM-er. You should see some of the leaves that showed up, but fortunately, it's the photos - jungle in the tent. The autos are in the tent corner, growing without molestation, watching it all and wondering WTF all the drama is about, .

I'm a newbie growing White Widow Autos and I didn't do any training. They had a nice bushy shape until they started to flower on day 27. Then they went on a stretch run and that's when I wish I'd done some LST, just to pull the main cola off to the side to even out the canopy. Does that sound like a good strategy for next time??
            3x3' space in back of closet
            VIPARSPECTRA LED V600 Grow Light. Actual = 260W. Veg+Bloom 24/0-->20/4
            Model V600 iPower 4" inline exhaust fan with carbon filter vented outside
            Soil is 8-4-4 natural organic 45-day slow release with peat moss, composted pine bark (bad), perlite, vermiculite (bad) and Mycorrhizae
            Vivosun 5 gallon grow bags

Dyna-Gro Grow & Bloom
            1st Grow: 3x White Widow Auto (Fem)
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...w-auto-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X